Wizard pvp help

Options
StormChimera - Lost City
StormChimera - Lost City Posts: 172 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Arigora Colosseum
Ok i need some tips for my wizard

1) PvP genie skills. (Please keep in mind my genies usually are never lucky so keep it to 4 skills). I already Know im going to need Deep poison or extreme poison whatever its called.

2) what weapon style do i go. i'v been told before i should pick between magic sword or Glaives.

any help is appreciated
Post edited by StormChimera - Lost City on

Comments

• CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Ok i need some tips for my wizard

1) PvP genie skills. (Please keep in mind my genies usually are never lucky so keep it to 4 skills). I already Know im going to need Deep poison or extreme poison whatever its called.

2) what weapon style do i go. i'v been told before i should pick between magic sword or Glaives.

any help is appreciated

Genie skills are easy:

What you should look for in PvP genie:
    1.Badge of Courage, Chance to remove stuns, instant
    2.Expel, Immunity to all physical damage for 6.0 seconds, instant, seals(Won't let you use skills for 6.0)
    3.Absolute Domain, Invincibility for you and all of your squad members within a certain radius, very short lasting(4.0 seconds)
    4.Tree Of Protection: Increases Maximum HP, Restores 30%(I think)of your maximum HP,short lasting, HP buff wears off quickly
    5. Extreme Poison, Damage amplification for target 20~40%(I think) increased damage taken for a short time.
    6.Second wind, Instant healing,

You can choose between these skills, tell me if I missed a few that are worth mentioning

Wizards use any type of magic casting weapon. the wiki has more information on wizards.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ty for the reply crit much appreciated
  • DaKillanator - Raging Tide
    DaKillanator - Raging Tide Posts: 2,965 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Going off of what Crit said

other genie skills to consider are...

Fortify- if you can anticipate a stun, this will negate it. Costs less genie energy than badge, which makes it better to use if you know a stun is coming.

Wind Shield- good for helping tank damage that you cant otherwise avoid. For instance, when a cleric sleeps/triple sparks/plume shots you, wind shield might be enough to keep you alive.

Holy path- good for kiting and creating distance between you and someone else quickly should they do something like triple spark.

The wep you prefer is up to you. Magic swords are nice because they have a decent damage range.
    Some people prefer glaives because of the chance for you to hit very high.

Oh and it should be noted that you will need a better genie than a 4 skill one to pk. Wizards are genie dependent. Saying you wont get a good genie for your wizard is like psychic saying they won't worry about increasing their soulforce.
    And we're an expensive class, so i hope you either have a mastercard handy, or a good farming alt
  • StormChimera - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Going off of what Crit said

other genie skills to consider are...

Fortify- if you can anticipate a stun, this will negate it. Costs less genie energy than badge, which makes it better to use if you know a stun is coming.

Wind Shield- good for helping tank damage that you cant otherwise avoid. For instance, when a cleric sleeps/triple sparks/plume shots you, wind shield might be enough to keep you alive.

Holy path- good for kiting and creating distance between you and someone else quickly should they do something like triple spark.

The wep you prefer is up to you. Magic swords are nice because they have a decent damage range.
    Some people prefer glaives because of the chance for you to hit very high.

Oh and it should be noted that you will need a better genie than a 4 skill one to pk. Wizards are genie dependent. Saying you wont get a good genie for your wizard is like psychic saying they won't worry about increasing their soulforce.
    And we're an expensive class, so i hope you either have a mastercard handy, or a good farming alt

this is just an alt for kicks and giggles. i had a wizard back on Dreamweaver about 2 yr ago but that was when i was new to MMO's so it wasnt as good as it could have been. only reason i say ill probably have a 4 skill genie is cause i really doubt ill hit end game with this wiz. It's honestly just to pass time when my main guild frustrates me (which its been doing a lot lately) and i like rpking (which my main can't do cause in none rpk guild)
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Holy Path and Extreme Poison are pretty much mandatory.

You can use the last 2 spots for Expel..and maybe Cloud Eruption?
    I don't have those skills but they seem pretty good.

Frenzy could be good (reduces your own defenses but increases attack level temporarily, since wizards have burst damage this might be good for when you are channelling an ultimate)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|