Lvl 90 axes..

Options
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide
Sir_Puma - Raging Tide Posts: 780 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Barbarian
My barb barely hit 90 and using Giant Ape Axes right now.

I am demon, mostly vit build (13 450 hp or so in Tiger) and my goal is to try to tank in a aps world. I do not plan to powerlevel my barb so will take me a while to do 90-100.I am also not that rich, so don't plan on getting Pan Gu Giant Ax nor Gatherstorm.

Witch TT axe sjhould I get/make for now.

Devil Axes or Star Axes ?

Devil makes me more resistant, with chance to heal 5%, but no Vit so I would actually drop in hp values.

Star Axes has a chance to hit more at cost of 5% mp (don't mind I am overstocked in reviving saps of death) and gives me more vit then my Giant Ape ones.

Suggestion ?
Proud supporter of the new expansion. Sure it has it's share of bugs, like any games. But for a pure farmer/grinder, that's a whole lot of new mobs to go beat up b:chuckle
Post edited by Sir_Puma - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i would go devil axes. i used them and they were pretty nice. and they upgrade into scarlet axes which are by far the best tt 99 axe for barbs
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • BloodTyrant - Raging Tide
    BloodTyrant - Raging Tide Posts: 581 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    in my opinion devil axes ---> scarlet at 99 is the best option for greens, but i love the 90 gx axes (since i love pvp) they have a great ad and gives vit too (and looks really coolb:dirty)

if u aiming for r8 when reach 100 go for green axes, if not go for gold90 axes
  • IBaMBii - Heavens Tear
    IBaMBii - Heavens Tear Posts: 464 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    hp isnt everything. so devil. dmg and stay alive.
    but with post above, tt90 gold axes are more DD axes not tanking. so better for bms to use not barbs. thats why you seem them running around with them over barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sakubatou - Sanctuary
    Sakubatou - Sanctuary Posts: 4,001 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    if u aiming for r8 when reach 100 go for green axes, if not go for gold90 axes

Best advice so far.

And honestly, I don't like Devil axes although I do like Scarlet Axes. I'd prefer the Star Axes over the Devil Axes, but the Devil to Scarlet path over the Star to Dark Aura path.

If you feel Rank 8 is going to take you a while you may as well get the Calloused Lionheart Gx axes, though. Best damage and most vitality. As a barb, 80+ is mostly about pulling and the +vit and +hp adds on axes really help considering at the end of a pull you rarely do more than two attacks. Star axes are nice because you get a damage bump and it doesn't sacrifice hp. Calloused give you a much bigger, sexier bump which is no problem for a barb as long a cleric is healing and the +vit add more than makes up the difference usually. That is, if you chose to try and tank. Most Sins/BMs prefer to tank so they get the cleric heals and its much safer for them as well as the rest of the squad, not to mention faster. In this case the Devil axes proc doesn't matter much.
    Seven 100+ characters leveled the hard way. Free to play. Mystic, Psychic, and Wizard left to level. b:victory
  • Lulznotwar - Lost City
    Lulznotwar - Lost City Posts: 239 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Really good advice in the post above me.

I got GX 2 sock +5 as my semi-endgame zerk axes and they really didnt disappoint. I hit like a truck in PvP i can 2-3 shot clerics with skills, and oneshot with zerk armas. Well worth the purchase, and i mean for a 12k hp barb in human hitting 250k with Zerk/Arma/Crits is AMAZING. (not a huge hit by most standards but my biggest so xP)
    RIP spoons
    RIP PWI
    The game is dead