How blade tempest output damage calculated

Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Wizard
I know this is the noob question, but anyone can explain (detailed) how blade tempest output damage are calculated ? Blade tempest at level 10 deal base mag dmg + 220% +4,8k(maybe), and BIDS do base mag dmg+ 500% +9k, but why BT damage output always be higher than BIDS ? Anyone can explain as detailed as possible ?
Post edited by Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Sun_Burn - Lost City
    Sun_Burn - Lost City Posts: 579 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blade Tempest:

Focus your Chi to create dozens of flaming blades that
    rain down upon the target and all enemies within 12.0
    meters, dealing both physical and fire damage equal to
    base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 3860.4

read whats bolded, that means that its 200% weapon plus 3860 for fire damage and then another 200% / 3860 physical damage.

Idk where you heard that BT damage will 'always' outdamage BIDS but that (as far as I know) is inaccurate.
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    BT takes base dmg 2 times in account while BIDS and MS only do once. An endgame wizz has about 16-20k base dmg unbuffed thats why it does hit higher .
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    BT takes base dmg 2 times in account while BIDS and MS only do once. An endgame wizz has about 16-20k base dmg unbuffed thats why it does hit higher .

/feels noob.. i never noticed the base damage gets doubled as well.
  • Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Blade Tempest:

Focus your Chi to create dozens of flaming blades that
    rain down upon the target and all enemies within 12.0
    meters, dealing both physical and fire damage equal to
    base magic damage plus 200% of weapon damage plus 3860.4

read whats bolded, that means that its 200% weapon plus 3860 for fire damage and then another 200% / 3860 physical damage.

Idk where you heard that BT damage will 'always' outdamage BIDS but that (as far as I know) is inaccurate.
    Yap, BT deals more than BIDS when i am still a transcendent. And are u talking about lvl10 BT ? i think its dealing both physical and fire damage equal to
    base magic damage plus 220% of weapon damage plus 4800 or close. I that case BIDS still hits harder if damage just DOUBLED
  • Sun_Burn - Lost City
    edited July 2011
    from what I understand now, TrueDMG is right, im almost positive the weapon modifier/ base damage/ and the added 3860 is all doubled since its 2 tpyes of attacks, weapon modifier/base dmg/ added3860 for fire + the same for physical. (according to ecatomb, its 3860 for lvl 10 BT, not 4800)

So that in a sense is 400% weapon damage, 7700ish added damage and whatever your base magic attack times 2 is for BT,

compared to

500% weapon damage, 9648 added damage, and only 1x your base magic attack for BIDS
  • Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    from what I understand now, TrueDMG is right, im almost positive the weapon modifier/ base damage/ and the added 3860 is all doubled since its 2 tpyes of attacks, weapon modifier/base dmg/ added3860 for fire + the same for physical. (according to ecatomb, its 3860 for lvl 10 BT, not 4800)

So that in a sense is 400% weapon damage, 7700ish added damage and whatever your base magic attack times 2 is for BT,

compared to

500% weapon damage, 9648 added damage, and only 1x your base magic attack for BIDS
    Yes, you are right, i forgot the data i enter is for sage/demon
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is damage from BT still higher if BIDS critic? I don't think so. But usually is bigger. Of course I speaking about sage ultimates.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011

OMG thats why.

I've always wondered why my BT hits harder than BIDS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Shadowvzss - Harshlands
    Shadowvzss - Harshlands Posts: 300 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    OMG thats why.

I've always wondered why my BT hits harder than BIDS.

maybe because also most of monster got less pdef than water def what is only 1 from mag. def. (included the light armor too).
This discussion has been closed.