frostblade

Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear
Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Wizard
Is this frostblade skill calculated by target physical attack or my own base magic attack ?
Post edited by Beautynbtch - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Is this frostblade skill calculated by target physical attack or my own base magic attack ?
    After many trials and calculations i got to the conclusion that it:

Adds to EACH SINGLE MELEE/RANGED NORMAL HIT a water damage equal to 30% of the TARGET's WEAPON PHYSICAL ATTACK.

It is one of the skills for Wizard to enjoy game.

I left it at level 2 because of it's usefulness for Wizard (I used it once per last few months - yesterday, when had been asked for "water buff") .
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I always thought it was xx% of your base magic attack (Magic attack WITH NO WEAPON EQUIPPED) which is actually very low and based on Mag points.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Magicsaber is right, it adds damage based on the weapon of the person with the buff. So level 10 frostblade gives the same bonus reguardless of your weapon/magic points etc etc It is really only useful to help physical classes stun lock through expel.. or for chi (lvl 11 frostblade gives 20 chi.. as opposed to levels 1-10 where it gives 10chi per cast). The damage increase is mediocre at best.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Vindis - Dreamweaver
    Vindis - Dreamweaver Posts: 614 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Compare Frostblade with an Archer's Blazing Arrow for the best understanding of how it works. They are rather similar, work similarly and they stack.

lvl 10 Blazing gives 40% fire damage for 10 mins.
    Sage Blazing gives 60% fire damage for 15mins.
    lvl Frostblade gives 30% frost damage for 15mins.
    Sage Frost gives 40% for frost damage 30mins.

Archers normally do phys + fire damage. Would I also like to add additional water? Yes.

Keep in mind this % water damage is calculated with my weapon vs the opponents m def, much like how Blazing Arrow is calculated. So the damage is definitely helpful on HA/LAs, every little bit helps.

tl;dr: Cast Frostblade on Archers/Barbs/BMs/Seekers/Sins and I guess Venos (some use fox attacks right?).
    Ring Engraving/Amulet Carving Guide - pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1174451

Retired from PWI.

b:bye
This discussion has been closed.