Duelist's Glee

Options
XXZeonXx - Harshlands
XXZeonXx - Harshlands Posts: 372 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Seeker
My curiousity has gotten the better of me. May someone please post a screenshot of what this stance looks like? I've found pictures of the icons for the inflicted status and the corresponding debuff, but never an actual picture of the effect it has on your sword. In advance, this would be much appreciated. Thanks.
Donate towards my endgame build, please. <3
pwcalc.com/400d2e22e4b852e2
Post edited by XXZeonXx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x88/l0ne_09w0lf/2011-07-1220-38-12.jpg

it's kinda hard getting a good pic of it cos the animation changes fast..
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Wow, that's awesome. I wish they would've made that the look for Soulsever stance instead, since it matches the colour of Gemini, just as the current Soulsever stance nearly matches Arme Nier. xD

Anyway, I love the purple. Might use this at level 100 just to look cool when I'm not PvPing and need the other stances, or when another Seeker is using Soulsever against a boss, etc. Thanks again.

Edit: Now that I think about it, how does the weapon disarming debuff work on bosses? I'm assuming it's either like a silence, in which case they run away until it wears off, or like a stun, in which case they just stand there. Hopefully they're not immune to it.
  • Tomoe_ - Sanctuary
    Tomoe_ - Sanctuary Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    the tandem doesnt seem to work in pve, based on my experience.. :( not sure how it works for others.. but il try again..
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    D: Alright. Let me know when you find out. Also, as my last question (unless I randomly think of something else; I apologize for all the questions), is the added damage from the status proc'ing magical like Soulsever or physical like Parchedblade?
  • turkishhitler
    turkishhitler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    how does the weapon disarming debuff work on bosses? I'm assuming it's either like a silence, in which case they run away until it wears off, or like a stun, in which case they just stand there. Hopefully they're not immune to it.

Unfortunately, they're basically immune. In my experience, the Duelist Glee / Arme Nier combo has no effect on mobs or bosses. b:sad
  • Deceptistar - Sanctuary
    Deceptistar - Sanctuary Posts: 10,454 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x88/l0ne_09w0lf/2011-07-1220-38-12.jpg

it's kinda hard getting a good pic of it cos the animation changes fast..
    moar pics moar!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]lagunal8.deviantart.com
    ★"New weekly quests! "Discover the bug in the patch""-Nihillae★"My father would beat me if he found out I was QQing over a virtual pony."-Neurosis★"You're amongst the biggest blobs of fail I've ever seen in my life."-Ninnuam★"A statistic said 3% people of the world get enjoyment primarily from making people upset, and you are trying to discriminate them"-ilystah★["How To Tank Rebirth Order Delta (86+)"-Stickygreen Barb (1)restat. you want full magic, Arcane armour build (2)when mobs come /faceroll on your keyboard and you will one shot all the mobs (3)rinse and repeat]★"I've been spammed with 3 poops for 2 hours."-ColdSteele★"If someone fights learning, I don't bother with them outside of amusement factor."-Telarith★"This thread is a joke right? Please say yes."-eatwithspoons★ "This is why you don't post your opinions on the internet, most of the replies you get will be from people who missed a hug or two sometime in their youth."-Alacol★"Sexy! A post with a Binomial Distribution."-Asterelle★"It's about time PW starts to separate out the noob Sins from the rest."-salvati0n★"Shoo troll >:O"-TheDan
  • Bounded - Harshlands
    Bounded - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Love you zeon :DD
  • XXZeonXx - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options
    moar pics moar!

This. And love you too, bro. xD
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    VoItaire - Harshlands Posts: 1,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Does the debuff from duelist's glee cause classes that are unable to use certain skills without their weap equipped, like both tideborn classes for example, not able to use those skills?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KolaKnight - Sanctuary
    KolaKnight - Sanctuary Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Does the debuff from duelist's glee cause classes that are unable to use certain skills without their weap equipped, like both tideborn classes for example, not able to use those skills?

I hope so cause knowing that if i am fast enough i can get a drop on classes that need their weps to cast skills and get the drop on them before they can even atk back
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yunea - Harshlands
    Yunea - Harshlands Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    No Duelist Glee doesn't work on pve.. :sad.

Btw in pvp u see the person u are attacking losing his weap for 6 seconds & yes he cant use skill that require a weapon.

It's nice in pvp but most of the time u don't have time to put the status on ur ennemy, i mean one of u die before
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Btw in pvp u see the person u are attacking losing his weap for 6 seconds & yes he cant use skill that require a weapon.

It's nice in pvp but most of the time u don't have time to put the status on ur ennemy, i mean one of u die before

So basicly it gives a debuf that unequips your weapon? (without actually unequiping it, but it acts like unequiped)

That's one powerfull debuf
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris
  • Bounded - Harshlands
    Bounded - Harshlands Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think it doesnt work in pve because the majority of mobs dont have weapon and same with bosses. So there isnt any weapon damage to take away.
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options

Glad all of my skills can be used without a weapon :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Glad all of my skills can be used without a weapon :o

Try pk without a weapon and see how much damage you deal :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • VoItaire - Harshlands
    edited July 2011
    Options

lol I didn't mean for dmg, but I can still use skills to help me survive that time without a weap like my skill that reduces all dmg taken by 50% for a few seconds, not effected by weap ^^ or I could even summon a plant to put them to sleep for twice as long as the debuff lasts, but sins won't even be able to stealth away without theirs b:chuckle

So not being able to use any skills at all leaves you way more defenseless than just weakening the ones effected by attack stats. But I guess it means that mystics might be one of the classes people will find one of the other stances more useful against.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • The_Shocker - Heavens Tear
    The_Shocker - Heavens Tear Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    So basicly it gives a debuf that unequips your weapon? (without actually unequiping it, but it acts like unequiped)

That's one powerfull debuf

You're basically correct, but it's important to note that it's not an actual 'debuff' per se.

i.e. it cannot be purified and 'give the player back their weapon'...

...is niiiiice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] b:shocked
  • _Soap_ - Lost City
    _Soap_ - Lost City Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options

Still crit 3ks :D
  • Galeheart - Heavens Tear
    Galeheart - Heavens Tear Posts: 42 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Arme Nier uses the flames seen in soulsever minuet, and Duelists Glee has that purpleness like Gemini's animation. Recycled effects or deeper meaning? b:laugh Much thanks to the OP and people who posted the pics, been wondering what that stance looked like since Genesis debuted xD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kaiyang - Sanctuary
    Kaiyang - Sanctuary Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    I don't like how a lot of stances only show for one sword. It looks stupid when you dual wield and only one is glowing rainbow.