Will Perfect World run in Win 7 on my computer?

xytik
xytik Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Support Desk
I haven't downloaded the game yet because I'm not sure if it will run and don't feel like wasting time if it won't.

systemspecs.png

The 4.1 is in game graphics, lol. b:sweat
Post edited by xytik on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    In theory yes. What is your video chipset and how much RAM does it have?
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xytik
    edited July 2011
    2048MB of RAM

I think it's an ATI unified AVStream Driver, but I'm not sure if that's what you were looking for.

Wish I could be more help, I don't know jack about computers.
  • xytik
    edited July 2011
    Thanks. I used to play _______, and was really disappointed when I found out it wouldn't run on Windows 7. I didn't want that to happen again.
  • Frijolero - Sanctuary
    Frijolero - Sanctuary Posts: 820 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The game works fine on Windows 7. The only issue I had is the occasional popup asking you give permission to the game to make changes on your machine, wich can be easily prevented by running the game as administrator.
    Sliding we go, only fear on our side. To the edge of the wire and we rush with the tide.
    Although I'm still alive, pray to God I survive
    How long on this longest day, 'til we finally make it through.
    - June 6, 1944. The day earth stood still.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Running it on a similar processor here with no problems. (same speed but mine has 4 cores.)

I do recommend setting the properties for elementclient.exe, patcher.exe, and launcher.exe to run as administrator. It saves a lot of trouble and seems to help the client run a bit smoother.

Always make sure that you have the most up-to-date driver for your video card, and don't let windows update install the drivers. Get them straight from the manufacturer and do a clean install every time.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for the great info you all! b:victory
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • xytik
    edited July 2011
    Wait, I only have two gigs of RAM. This game is pretty close to a 4 gig file size, can my computer run it, or do I need to buy some RAM cards?
  • GenSyn - Dreamweaver
    GenSyn - Dreamweaver Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    xytik wrote: »
    Wait, I only have two gigs of RAM. This game is pretty close to a 4 gig file size, can my computer run it, or do I need to buy some RAM cards?

Just because the game files are almost 4GB, it doesn't mean you will have all of that in the memory of your computer at the same time. Actually, I know for a fact that 2GB will do just fine. It's fine for most games our there actually. What decides most if you can play a game at all is the graphics chip. If you have a computer with old onboard graphics chip you can't play the game regardless how much memory you put in.

Since PWI seems to use 1,5-1,7GB at most (highest settings) your computer could benefit from more memory but since your computer probably is too weak to run teh game at full settings, 2GB will be enough.