Why is single mode so bad?

WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver
WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver Posts: 179 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Venomancer
I've been trying to farm mats for my sin's Hook and Thorns. Down to needing 1 Feng's black armor and 8 Furshura's hooks. taking my 90 veno through TT 2-1 single mode. Walker tanks just fine, and with -23 channeling, I am able to DD as well.

But I have had 6 runs in a row trying to get the last fengs black armor I need before trying to farm the furshura's hooks. Boss refuses to drop it, and in three of those runs NONE of the bosses dropped anythingb:surrender

why is the single mode so stingy?b:shocked b:angry
Post edited by WorryEasykil - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Because it's very very very very very easy?

As you have noticed, solo mode runs rarely even pay for themselves.
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Because it's very very very very very easy?

As you have noticed, solo mode runs rarely even pay for themselves.

Actually, with fairy boxes replacing single mirages, single mode runs are profitable again... though it's still just as hard to get the mats you need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Solo mode runs can be profitable if you choose the right ones. But yeah, it's made excessively simple therefore you're limited on bosses, they're quite weak (although a couple bosses that don't normally AOE do in solo mode), hence drop ****.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It is single mode. It is much easier than squad mode. You should be able to profit some now with the implemented fairy boxes and some mats that you get. You can sell those off and get money to buy the mats you need later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    It is single mode. It is much easier than squad mode. You should be able to profit some now with the implemented fairy boxes and some mats that you get. You can sell those off and get money to buy the mats you need later.

Yes, fairy boxes have made single mode worth doing again. Unfortunately, it is rumored(according to "leaked" patch notes from chinese servers) that the upcoming maintenance will remove fairy boxes from all single mode bosses, and some 1-1 and 2-1 squad mode bosses as well. I am hoping this is false; most of my income comes from the mirages obtained from fairy boxes.
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Yes, fairy boxes have made single mode worth doing again. Unfortunately, it is rumored(according to "leaked" patch notes from chinese servers) that the upcoming maintenance will remove fairy boxes from all single mode bosses, and some 1-1 and 2-1 squad mode bosses as well. I am hoping this is false; most of my income comes from the mirages obtained from fairy boxes.

I just read that in the other thread. That's sad to know. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Tabbycat - Harshlands
    Tabbycat - Harshlands Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I've been trying to farm mats for my sin's Hook and Thorns. Down to needing 1 Feng's black armor and 8 Furshura's hooks. taking my 90 veno through TT 2-1 single mode. Walker tanks just fine, and with -23 channeling, I am able to DD as well.

But I have had 6 runs in a row trying to get the last fengs black armor I need before trying to farm the furshura's hooks. Boss refuses to drop it, and in three of those runs NONE of the bosses dropped anythingb:surrender

why is the single mode so stingy?b:shocked b:angry

Well a possible reason for the decreased drop rate in solo tt 2-1 could be your lvl. Mostly solo tt 2-1 is for lower 80s. Also considering your veno is lvl 90, you should be able to solo squad mode tt2-1, well except for the last boss (wait thats 2-2) nvm XD. My la/aa lvl 88 herc veno can solo it just fine(might be because of the herc). But in order for that to happen i need a few of my friends to open the tt for me.

I have realized solo mode for tts have been stingy lately. The bosses dont drop as much. I was farming my tt90 gear in tt3-1, took me 6 runs to get everything (for my boots and arms) and 2 of them i got nothing but fairy boxes (Not really complaining about that).

Why not try tt 2-2 solo mode? maybe the drop rate will be a little easier considering thats for 85ish+.
    Im a pretty veno
    Short and sexy
    here is my tail
    and my ears are pointy
    When i get all pissed off
    hear me shout,
    Ill **** ur **** up and knock you out b:pleased