Weild thunder is so low but why everyone says its useful?

shiaaa333
shiaaa333 Posts: 174 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Cleric
I do notice that it does alot damage tho...But if it loads a bit faster, it would be a really nice skill for clerics...
Post edited by shiaaa333 on

Comments

• Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Once you have more chan gear, it's not too bad. It's a good opening skill imo.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver
    SerenityCNB - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,225 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Wield thunder is the most powerful non chi attack that we clerics have. As stated it is primarily used as an opening attack due to its slow charge up. The wield thunder/Razor feathers combination is often used in the same way as the great cyclone/plume shot combination, as an opener, so its good for causing a lot of damage to mobs at range and as your opening attack. Basically, this is your non-chi nuke attack to open with. From there, switch back to your plume shot/great cyclone combination, and you'll be okay.
    "Male Player using female toon. Please don't flirt with me."

Need to see the cleric guide for questions, comments, or concerns? Just copy and paste the link.
    "http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1246011&quot;

(Ignore the quotation marks. URL isn't allowed, so I had to do it that way.)
  • shiaaa333
    edited July 2011
    I'm using lv7 and lv8 gears right now. what is chan gear?
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    A lot of higher level gear has -chan add-ons (-3% or -6%) The more chan gear you have, the faster your skills go off (unless the skill already has low channeling and a higher cast time.) So, towards the mid-late 90s when you'll probably have more gear with -chan on it, the time isn't too bad.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • shiaaa333
    edited July 2011
    so should I get chan gears and are they made in the forges in archo?
  • Ashivas - Dreamweaver
    Ashivas - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,293 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    They're made in a variety of ways. Some of them can be crafted in archo forges. Some you can get randomly from a mob drop. Either way, theyre more expensive than normal gear.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ashura Tyrant you foul mouthed little boy! I must keel yew nao =3
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Chromatic seal----> Elemental seal
    > purify---->spark--->weild thunder

Goodish opening for pvp in some cases, and since cromatic seal keeps things asleep for a long *** amount of time (at max/sage lvl anyway) it doesnt matter how long it takes to chan its a free hit

But as stated above me at higher lvls you can get gear with -chan on it. Once you hit lvl 77 look for Sleeve of the sea captain , they add -6% chan and you can use them for many many lvls, im still wearing them untill like, nirvana lol
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Chromatic seal----> Elemental seal
    > purify---->spark--->weild thunder

Goodish opening for pvp in some cases, and since cromatic seal keeps things asleep for a long *** amount of time (at max/sage lvl anyway) it doesnt matter how long it takes to chan its a free hit

But as stated above me at higher lvls you can get gear with -chan on it. Once you hit lvl 77 look for Sleeve of the sea captain , they add -6% chan and you can use them for many many lvls, im still wearing them untill like, nirvana lol

Nirvana sleeves? You silly little girl!
  • TrueHarmony - Archosaur
    TrueHarmony - Archosaur Posts: 332 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Nirvana sleeves? You silly little girl!

*Pimp slaps*

Anyway, whats wrong with full nirvana O.o?
    Yeah my sig doesn't match my name...i would say im being all clever and trying to confuse people...but im really just too lazy to make a new one
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    *Pimp slaps*

Anyway, whats wrong with full nirvana O.o?

Nothing... other than I'm gonna be a grandma by the time I get full Nirvana as f2p. b:thanks
  • Hiemus - Raging Tide
    Hiemus - Raging Tide Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Isn't Chromatic Seal broken as soon as you cast a debuff on them? Or was I just having all the shortest sleep time span every time I cast it? If so, the enemy might reach you before you finish the Element Seal-->Purify-->Wield Thunder sequence?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I think seals dont break the sleep since they dont *dmg* the foe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Manostra - Harshlands
    Manostra - Harshlands Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Seals dont break but on lower levels its normal they last only 0-3 seconds because they totally random UP to max time. means if you have bad luck you get a 0.1 second sleep
    I hate Room 38