a movement idea

Options
anwynd
anwynd Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Suggestion Box
Well i got to day dreaming yesterday well i was doing a BH on one of my alts and i thought of something. I thought that the longer you run the more you should sprint ,or in the games terms your movement speed would increase alittle the longer you are continiously running. The most your speed would increase would be 2 more m/s for any class. I think that as you run every 2 seconds your speed should increase by .2 m/s ;so lets say you have 4.8 m/s like a cleric ,your max sprint speed would be 6.8 m/s at max sprinting speed. So to get from your walking speed if you had 4.8 m/s it would take you about 20 seconds if you dont stop running. If you stop running your speed goes back to your original speed. Well there it is i hope you peeps like the idea i thought it would help the mag classes like cleric for example catch up alittle.b:victory

im sorry if you cant read what i sayed my grammer is not that good lolzb:surrender

EDIT: the sprinting increase stacks with all movement increasing buffs thnks for reminding me to put that in Hazumi_chan
Collector of pet eggs, armor, weapons, fashion, and mountsb:chuckle
Post edited by anwynd on

Comments

• lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i like it actually o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's a pretty nice idea indeed ^^
    Just wondering though... would the "sprint" stack with running skills :) ?
    Per example, demon fox/holy path/archer buff overwrite eachother, while summer sprint is a skill on itself ;)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    there is no reason they should not stack sense it has a balancing point of if you stop you lose the sprinting speed but you get to keep what ever increase movement buff on youb:victory sounds totally fair and balanced to meb:victory
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    My speed would be 12.5 m/s then with my gear. That's lvl 3 summer sprint and demon fox... *checks pw calculator how fast with demon sprint*
    11.7m/s which would become 13.7m/s...

me likes *O*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Me, a slow little cleric, running faster? Yes please! <3

Of course, since this would apply to every class, us and the other magic classes (venos not included) would still be the slowest when compared to the others. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options

Of course, since this would apply to every class, us and the other magic classes (venos not included) would still be the slowest when compared to the others. XD

nvm and I Can't delete either QQ
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Its pretty hard already to chase people down who are running away from you. To balance this they'd have to give the real sprint skills a longer duration.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options

hmmm maby it should only apply to clerics lmao i completely stupidly forgot the other classes *sighs* bck to the drawing/daydreaming board
  • rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    It is a good idea and it should apply to everyone. It would simply save everyone time. As the world grows it takes longer to get around and this would make the game a little faster paced.
  • anwynd
    edited July 2011
    Options
    well im rlly glad some people like the idea im gonna try to think of some way so it benefits the slow casters alittle more so like the clerics dont get so much **** from the nubs out there for being so slowb:victory