Download takes too much internet?!

thisisagame
thisisagame Posts: 4 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
I'm not quite sure if this is the right post to ask, but I just thought cause I'm a beginner, and it's kind of a beginner question, it'll be alright.

Well, I really want to download this game. Been keeping a close look on it lately, and I just want to give it a try. But my boyfriend took a look at it, and insisted that it would just take away all of our internet, and make our internet slow for the rest of the month. I mean, we share internet usage, and I really don't want to disappoint him and download it behind his back, but 'cause I really want to download this game, it's kind of bumming me out.

He insisted he buy me a game of my choice, so we could download that selected B2P or P2P game by disc, which wouldn't take up quite as much internet. Or that I find this on disc.

So, as my first question:

1 - Do F2P games even have the option to buy the disc from the store?

This is to save us massive internet lag. I mean, I'm pretty sure I've never seen these games on disc at all, but he said, 'You go to the store, and see if you can buy this game on a disc', and I swear it's not possible, so I'm wondering if he just didn't take a close enough look at this game to realise it's F2P or that he's on the right track? Because I, myself, don't want a month of killer slow internet, because that's painful.

BQs:

1 - Is Perfect World International painful when it comes to lagging?

2 - Does Perfect World International have acceptable graphics?

3 - Is it worth the download, in your opinion?

4 - How long is the download?

5 - Does Perfect World International lag too much?

6 - Does it have a reasonable leveling system, so it doesn't stop at level 20?

Okay, that's about it for now guys, please respond because I hate how I don't want to download it, 'cause of lag, but then I do want to download it, because I really want to try it out.

Peace out. b:victory
Post edited by thisisagame on

Comments

• Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Number one, a Free to Play game is just that, free, this game requires a download, you don't have the option to buy something to download it, I'm sorry.

the next one.
    1. It does lag, but, if you have a stable internet connection (Preferably wireless internet), then it works...mine, I can have a friend on the very same connection, and it still runs fine, doesn't really take up too much bandwidth.

2. The graphics, based on what setting you use...if you set it to the best possible graphics setting, the game is rather beautiful, but a bit glossy too, but, at the best setting...its a beautiful game.

3. Well, the game is really laid-back, if you play casually, to burn off free time, it is worth downloading. Although you do have to pay attention so you don't die.

4. Varies on internet connection, but usually, the download takes a few hours, then you add in the time it takes from initial download, it can take around 8-10 hours to fully install and play, give or take.

5. Naaaa, it doesn't, because I can surf the net and play PWI at the same time, without any problems, at most, It lags when I watch youtube videos while playing, but, not that much.

6. The level system is a bit more complicated, and no it doesn't stop at 20, the max level is 105, and its avalible for anyone, It is not like World of ******** where, you get a 10 day trial, then you have to buy the game, no, the game is 100% free to play, but, you can pay for additional features, to beef up your character. The level system gets to be a pain because the XP it takes to go from one level to the next increases as you level up...in the 70s...its hard to level without using Hyper EXP stones, but overall, the game is fun, but usually hard to play for extended periods.

Don't worry either, doesn't take up much bandwidth either.
  • thisisagame
    thisisagame Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Number one, a Free to Play game is just that, free, this game requires a download, you don't have the option to buy something to download it, I'm sorry.

the next one.
    1. It does lag, but, if you have a stable internet connection (Preferably wireless internet), then it works...mine, I can have a friend on the very same connection, and it still runs fine, doesn't really take up too much bandwidth.

2. The graphics, based on what setting you use...if you set it to the best possible graphics setting, the game is rather beautiful, but a bit glossy too, but, at the best setting...its a beautiful game.

3. Well, the game is really laid-back, if you play casually, to burn off free time, it is worth downloading. Although you do have to pay attention so you don't die.

4. Varies on internet connection, but usually, the download takes a few hours, then you add in the time it takes from initial download, it can take around 8-10 hours to fully install and play, give or take.

5. Naaaa, it doesn't, because I can surf the net and play PWI at the same time, without any problems, at most, It lags when I watch youtube videos while playing, but, not that much.

6. The level system is a bit more complicated, and no it doesn't stop at 20, the max level is 105, and its avalible for anyone, It is not like World of ******** where, you get a 10 day trial, then you have to buy the game, no, the game is 100% free to play, but, you can pay for additional features, to beef up your character. The level system gets to be a pain because the XP it takes to go from one level to the next increases as you level up...in the 70s...its hard to level without using Hyper EXP stones, but overall, the game is fun, but usually hard to play for extended periods.

Don't worry either, doesn't take up much bandwidth either.

Gah, it's going to take up so much internet -_-"

I guess i'll tell him as soon as he gets home from work, and ask him whether I should download it, or get a B2P game instead :) Wish me luck!