better than r9????

Options
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear
Venomthekill - Heavens Tear Posts: 95 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
i heard a something about higher gear. Something about pwi adding a 3rd quench to nirvanna or 10.

is this a total rumar?

i am ok with a third quench to nirvanna gear, might get close to r9, BUT r10 would be stupid. r9 makes bh100s instances a joke, i hope they jus work on harder instances with bigger pay offs...

and if r10. SOOOO many ppl will be **** at all the time/money they put into r9 UNLESS u take r9 stuff and maybe 'quench' r9 gear into r10...

I was wondering if there was any truth to the rumar i heard about new gear becoming availible?????????????????????????????? if so pls post where i could find this info
Life is a Garden...Dig Itb:victory

101 Wizzy (r9)
101 BM (5aps/r9)
100 Veno (Farmer)
90 Sin (for goofs)
75 pys (for info)
Post edited by Venomthekill - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Hmm. I would not mind a 3rd cast nirvana, I would do that. But I just dont like the propect of a r10. Sadly, we all know something greater then r9 will come eventually.
    Unban me.
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    Fip - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    is there a 3rd cast in the china server?
  • Fip - Dreamweaver
    Fip - Dreamweaver Posts: 84 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What is this rainbow lookin weapon http://w2i.wanmei.com/news/gamenews/20110708/61004.shtml

Is this weapon in the PWI servers right now?
  • Halt - Harshlands
    Halt - Harshlands Posts: 452 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They are called memorial weapons. Thats all I can tell you about them
    Unban me.
  • TreeHugs - Harshlands
    TreeHugs - Harshlands Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    offtopic but, i like how these OFFICIAL chinese screenshots have .ini edited characters featured in them. i know chinese allow this, but you would think, that if the chinese version's GMs themselves feature it as to be ok, then why not here? :s

not sure what u mean by memorial weapons, but i really love the mystic one <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    TreeHugs - Lv. 101 Demon Rank 8 Mystic
    vixter - Lv. 101 Demon Heavy Rank 8 Venomancer
  • lyonitus
    lyonitus Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Those are just Lunar based Nirvana weapons. Ive seen those hammers on a barb.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yep, lunar nirvy.
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    They're adding rank 10 soon. It will feature a completely different system than R9, the only common link is that you will need rep. 500k for R10. So yes, all the money spent on tokens and medals, not to mention refining and sharding, was wasted.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • XMiyala - Dreamweaver
    XMiyala - Dreamweaver Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I may be wrong, but I don't think those wep's are lunar nirvana.

Look closely http://w2i.wanmei.com/resources/jpg/110708/10021310089642348.jpg

http://www.ecatomb.net/pwi/arme/staff/r100%281%29.jpg

The wep is the same shape, but the first one has a rainbow glow. The second one is lunar nirvana but doesn't have a rainbow glow.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's kind of stupid...how do you one shot someone MORE? Or does it give so much def level that you get one shot less?

The server is clearly not ready for R10...
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If players don't get 1 hit, mobs in instances will. Either way it'll make PvE or PvP stupid.
  • Equin - Dreamweaver
    Equin - Dreamweaver Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i dont think there would be R10 just yet since they don't have r9 for mystics still...
    or did they already release that? b:question
     /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Those weapons are given to players that participate in the PWIC (http://event51.wanmei.com/w2i/201106/w2ipkall/index.htm#).
  • prayin4u12
    prayin4u12 Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I heard that they are releasing the r10 but u have to be 105 to acquire it...and it will be out like around the month of September.
  • Heartstone - Dreamweaver
    Heartstone - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,338 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    now persoanlly i'll just spend and get w/e new OP armor/wep, if i want to keep playing.

but honestly, R9 players already have a very easy going against people who dont CS.
    stronger armour/wep than R9 is completly not needed. not to mention pve being way too easy.. who tick in full delta anymore, with r9? none. too stupidly easy any pve.

the game was more fun when lunar and R8 wepeons was the best. then with nirvana i think was the last addiction this game shoulda had armor/wep wise. R9 and anything above that is too strong.
    I'm sorry for misspelling / mistyping and grammar b:surrender

102 - Archer - Heartz
  • OggoKing - Sanctuary
    OggoKing - Sanctuary Posts: 59 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    R10 should be available through packs LOL I love opening packs.b:laugh Barb with r10 wow can you imagine the HP? And arma damageb:shocked Would be greatb:victory
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    If PWi releases r10, or G16 Nirv or w/e, I wonder if ppl will quit, or simply CS/merch it because they are already rich enough to afford it.

Addiction ftl!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear
    DaggerSin_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Why do people complain about it, just be happy some other idiots are paying for it letting people like me play for free.b:victory Thank you CS'ers.
    BarbHammer - 95 - Retired

DaggerSin_ - 101 - Active
  • X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear
    X_trigger_X - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    IMO R9 is far to overpowered for the lvl you can get it at. Get R9 and 99% of game content is a cake walk.

R10/3rd quench would need a higher lvl cap to even remotely work I think b:surrender
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think we'll see another gear bracket released, with more def/attk level as means to upgrade to get near r9 lvl of power. then later releas another rank to OP the farmed ****.
    re
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I don't think this can be true, I hear R9 is much more scarce in the CN servers, it wouldn't make sense for them to make R10 there. By extension PWI won't get it til PW-CN does.
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    IMO R9 is far to overpowered for the lvl you can get it at. Get R9 and 99% of game content is a cake walk.

R10/3rd quench would need a higher lvl cap to even remotely work I think b:surrender

With the dragoon glitch a raised level cap wouldn't even matter. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • h1tg1rl
    h1tg1rl Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Yep. R9 killed the game here already, R10 would finish off the few remaining players left.

Lost City is a ghost town server in the starter cities. It was so busy 2 years ago, now everywhere but downtown Arch looks like the Archosaur server. b:chuckle
  • Jadrian - Archosaur
    Jadrian - Archosaur Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    h1tg1rl wrote: »
    Yep. R9 killed the game here already, R10 would finish off the few remaining players left.

Lost City is a ghost town server in the starter cities. It was so busy 2 years ago, now everywhere but downtown Arch looks like the Archosaur server. b:chuckle

Hater b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Yes.
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    i was personally hoping they would release new *farmable a-la-nirvana* gears with the Earth Guard expansion, but they didn't, qq.

R9 isn't the all around "best" for all classes though, to be perfectly honest. Its possibly the best cost:benefit set of end game gears, but not the downright best. For barbs, the mdef is worse than stage 2 lunar nirvy, which is worse than stage 2 tt nirvy - especially when purged/debuffed. Theres only a 7 def level difference at most between fully sharded r9 and stage 2 nirvy. Base defense amounts are already very close between nirvy and rank 9. Even though the rank 9 is g16 and stage 2 is g15, at max refines the HP difference isn't that much either. IDK what people are looking at, but something "close to rank 9" is already in game.

Also, depending on how one shards - theres *maybe* at 13 attack level difference between full rank 9 and stage 2 nirvy + warsoul weapon.

true for barbs at least rank 9 has it in spades for pdef and attack power, especially with god of frenzy, but a stage 2 nirvy build with warsoul weapon isnt anything to take lightly either.

IJS.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear
    Aneurysmal - Heavens Tear Posts: 798 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    As far as logic would present, there would be a farmable gear within the next year to counter r9, then within a year after that another rank tier. From my understanding regarding instances/gear that are or have been featured on the Chinese test server, there is a grade 16 farmable armor, whether it's an upgrade of nirvana or not has changed in both directions. Though from rumors it is more defensive based than rank 9 rather than damage priority that r9 features.

Other rumors or items on test servers:

Interval rings from the teacher quest that require almost an entire year to aquire.

An upgraded ornament instance paralleling nirvana's armor instance.

PQs that have armor rewards similar to PQ3's ring rewards.

An additional gear type that can be paired with genies for set bonuses depending on the point that each meets.

Attack Lvl 3 and Defense Level 4 imbuable shards.

A Multi-terrain venomancer pet to parallel mystics.

An additional cultivation type with new skills for every class.
    Are any of these verifiable? Not really.
    Are all of these potentially going to be released? Maybe.
    Is my mention of these going to spark more threads about rumors? Probably
    Are these great ideas or would they be excellent additions to the game? You decide.
    My opinion:
    yes upgraded nirvana
    yes pq armor
    yes ornament parallel to nirv
    yes cutivation type
    no interval rings
    no atk 3 def 4 shards
    maybe genie set bonuses.
    Main:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Alts:
    Lypiphera 101 Cleric
    Incompetance 100 Blademaster
    MetalPenguin 101 Seeker

b:dirtySolara_Craft/Disarmonia_Xb:dirty
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    edited July 2011
    Options

Interval rings from the teacher quest that require almost an entire year to aquire.

An upgraded ornament instance paralleling nirvana's armor instance.

PQs that have armor rewards similar to PQ3's ring rewards.

An additional gear type that can be paired with genies for set bonuses depending on the point that each meets.

Attack Lvl 3 and Defense Level 4 imbuable shards.

A Multi-terrain venomancer pet to parallel mystics.

An additional cultivation type with new skills for every class.
    [/COLOR]

I think another question to ask is whether this is coming in some new packs - interval rings that-would-take-a-year-to-acquire included.