Buff Sins (read first)

Options
Zaz - Harshlands
Zaz - Harshlands Posts: 7 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Instead off making yet another nerf sins thread i have thought about it and worked out a great solution that actully requires Assassins to be made better.

Buff Assassins stealth detection level by 5 points yes or no?

By doing this Assassins will be able to see each other and by having just one while PvPing just to knock other Assassins out of stealth will mean that PvP will be more fun and will not die off when an Assassin shows up.
Post edited by Zaz - Harshlands on

Comments

• Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ....You're taking some heavy drugs if you think that would work. Though I'd love to have a hit

-grabs popcorn for the upcoming flame fest-
    I <3 A lot of people
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    That's pretty legit imo
    It's not like its nerfing other classes..unless another class with stealth comes out.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • XANTH_ - Heavens Tear
    XANTH_ - Heavens Tear Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I personally dont see a problem with this. Like you stated it would help so you dont get gang banged by other assassins. But will PWI do it? most likely not. I do think tho that people would QQ because thats giving sins something else and none of the other classes anything extra. Not saying im QQing about that, just saying thats what some people would do. Good notion none the less
  • Cytte - Harshlands
    Cytte - Harshlands Posts: 1,044 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I personally dont see a problem with this. Like you stated it would help so Assassins dont get gang banged by other assassins. But will PWI do it? most likely not. I do think tho that people would QQ because thats giving sins something else and none of the other classes anything extra. Not saying im QQing about that, just saying thats what some people would do. Good notion none the less
    Fixed

Her idea only makes it so other assassins benefit, now that doesn't help the class balance, ergo either other pre tb classes need an upgrade, or the tb classes need a downgrade
    I <3 A lot of people
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    ^ It stops assassins from killing everybody else because another assassin will be able to kill him first.

That doesnt happen if the first assassin is totally invisible to everyone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Um... that wouldn't do anything for the non-assassins, who are the ones that are mainly complaining and being slain with ease.

As for the assassins themselves, why do you think some go for level 103, level 104 or level 105? Well, certainly not for those extra stat points.

And besides, you can't exactly trust sins to kill each other off while the non-assassins just watch. It's actually more likely that they go "Hey wait, this is boring".

And besides, this idea only works on the weaker sins. It won't do squat for those +10 R9 sins with 24 DoTs or 24 JoSDs in their armor, as they'll be the ones that, even if you could see, you couldn't kill. And then you'd just end up complaining that there's a cash shopped +10 R9 sin wtfpwning everyone in sight.
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • CandyCorn - Raging Tide
    CandyCorn - Raging Tide Posts: 1,547 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Um... that wouldn't do anything for the non-assassins, who are the ones that are mainly complaining and being slain with ease.

As for the assassins themselves, why do you think some go for level 103, level 104 or level 105? Well, certainly not for those extra stat points.

And besides, you can't exactly trust sins to kill each other off while the non-assassins just watch. It's actually more likely that they go "Hey wait, this is boring".

And besides, this idea only works on the weaker sins. It won't do squat for those +10 R9 sins with 24 DoTs or 24 JoSDs in their armor, as they'll be the ones that, even if you could see, you couldn't kill. And then you'd just end up complaining that there's a cash shopped +10 R9 sin wtfpwning everyone in sight.

b:surrender stun, seal,sleep and repeat. That weak sin beat the rank 9
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Move along..move along
  • Olbaze - Sanctuary
    Olbaze - Sanctuary Posts: 4,242 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    b:surrender stun, seal,sleep and repeat. That weak sin beat the rank 9

Pop a potion beforehand or use a genie skill.

How long do you think the weak sin can take from a R9 sin?
    I am Olba. Not Ol, not Baze nor Blaze. And even less would I go by Olblaze. Please, take a second to read a person's username.
    If you see b:cute be sure to take a second, calm look at anything I said.
  • Macrocan - Heavens Tear
    Macrocan - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    yea sin's are stronger then most people with weak gear, but towards endgame, with use of genie skills and actually having some sort of skill, a sin is quite easily overcame, think the real thing that would fix sin's is if u drop 2k ingame to get inline with thier gear :D
  • phenixmoon
    phenixmoon Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I would say make detection potions last 5 minutes, instead of 30 lame seconds... Or at least lower cooldown on apo
  • Ohaider - Dreamweaver
    Ohaider - Dreamweaver Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    phenixmoon wrote: »
    I would say make detection potions last 5 minutes, instead of 30 lame seconds... Or at least lower cooldown on apo

Not necessary, Its not difficult to take out a sin in 30 seconds if your equally geared and you can see them, is a r8 +2 wiz going to own a full r9 sin? of course not, but a r8 +2 sin would get owned in the face if a wizard hit a detect pot, simply because the sin would be the one surprised, not the wiz this time. Chances are sin's aren't even self buffed until their ready to attack, so its like catching them with their pants down when u use a detect pot. You just cant expect to kill other classes with far superior gear
  • SliceOfTuna - Heavens Tear
    SliceOfTuna - Heavens Tear Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I think that idea is not exactly a bad one. But if anyone would have been given stealth besides sins it would be archers (but it's not).

If there is a suggestion to be made I would say incorporate what another game I played did. Assassins and Archers were able to both stealth but that's not the thing. The thing that was a nice "balance" to them is that they had a skill that had about a 30-45 second cool down called third Eye and what that would do was knock other sins/archers/Shadows/gunners with in 35 or 40 meters out of stealth. Not sure how it works to incorporate it in this game but I think it would not unbalance the game too much besides a slight adjustment to limit the Sin Rage everyone has.b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you Nowitsawn for sharing your awesome siggys with all of us :