Another way how to use venomancer in pvp

laisvis
laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Venomancer
I'm downloading again Perfect world (very slow internet) and have time to think which character to create. I have idea and I want your commentar about it. I think about melee fox form in heavy armors: http://pwcalc.com/cca20b96b3f6bc3d
I think I will use in pvp Scorpion and Sawfly with bleed while I get Phoenix. So my tactic will be using Myriad Rainbow (Fox Form) - Armor break: Physical defense reduced by 100%. + pet's bleed and my veno physic atacks in fox form (of course, purge, amp and other fox debuffs too...). I don't think that this build is so good vs heavy cashers but it could be decent vs one of the most strongest character - assassin. Could it work vs all classes too? Have someone already tested it? What're your thoughts?
Post edited by laisvis on

Comments

• Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If armour break lands and there's a nix on them, pretty much anyone except a barb will fall down dead. A sawfly, less so - but it'll still hurt.

But. It doesn't land very often, and you have to get close to use it.

All I can say is "Give it a go". I'm tempted to restat to heavy myself soon.
  • laisvis
    laisvis Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    If armour break lands and there's a nix on them, pretty much anyone except a barb will fall down dead. A sawfly, less so - but it'll still hurt.

But. It doesn't land very often, and you have to get close to use it.

All I can say is "Give it a go". I'm tempted to restat to heavy myself soon.

Are you going to use fox form as me? What do you think not only about bleed but also about my veno p.atack? Could it hurt someone in pvp?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    laisvis wrote: »
    Are you going to use fox form as me? What do you think not only about bleed but also about my veno p.atack? Could it hurt someone in pvp?

Yes, I use fox form, no I don't intend to use ONLY foxform.

I have no experience of using foxform melee in PVP. As soon as you get into range of something, it stunlocks and kills you. Or if it's got a rank weapon, it just kills you.

Not having a barbs hitpoints, I doubt you'll get into melee range with anything that doesn't want to be in melee range. And anything that *does* want to get into melee range is better at it than you.

That's the limit of my experience. You may well do better than me. Certainly you'll be better able to be equipped to get into range to drop your debuffs. But I don't think you'll survive actually being a target.

I'm leaving aside, here, the possibility of cheating and using fox-form-fists. Since it's bannable.
  • Hazuki_chan - Archosaur
    Hazuki_chan - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, the problem with trying to melee a target is the fact that most targets you'll even get close to will be BM's, Barbs, maybe sins... or seekers... preety much targets that can already survive more than you can, and have skills made for melee fighting.

Since you don't have stunlocking skills in fox form (except maybe stunning blow) you'll end up chasing people around and dying before you reach them.

If you want to combine the armor break with a nix, going demon could help you with that, because demon ironwood has the same effect as myriad's armor break.
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I'm leaving aside, here, the possibility of cheating and using fox-form-fists. Since it's bannable.

can I have more info about it? please. where can I read about what is bannable and whats not in this game?
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    Cheating is bannable. Duh.

So no, no further information. (If you search the forums you'll find plenty about it, though.)
  • Hideori - Lost City
    Hideori - Lost City Posts: 530 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    well sorry, I just dont get why the hell veno with fists in fox form is cheating b:surrender

any keywords for search, please. cant find anything about that.
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    edited July 2011
    well sorry, I just dont get why the hell veno with fists in fox form is cheating b:surrender

any keywords for search, please. cant find anything about that.

Because fox form quite clearly states on it that you have to have a magic weapon equipped.

As does barbarian true form. (Well, it states axes etc., obviously)

as for search terms - top hit in google with the blatantly obvious ones.