Does your client speed up and die?

Options
Chioke - Lost City
Chioke - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Support Desk
Well then this information may help you. So basically I used to have this issue where my client(starting at character screen) Would go super speed. You can tell this is happening when your genie flys 5000 times around your character in 2 seconds. If this was happening and you connected to pwi it would auto-kick you from server and you would get the classic, "disconnected" notification.

Anyways... the solution to this and the problem:

Problem: You have a pc with multiple cores.

Solution: The pwi client does not always like that. So you have to: CTRL>ALT>DELETE. After you have done this you need to hit task manager. Then you need to go to the processes tab. Then you need to either scroll until you find the, "elementclient.exe" process or you can filter it by mem usage and it will most likely be using the most and you can find it that way. After you find it... right click it and hit: "set affinity" you will then have, "the processor affinity window" Based off of how many you have you will get, CPU 0, CPU 1, Etc. You need to un-check until it is down to only one CPU checked. Then you hit OK.

Do note: If you are using multiple clients, you must do this with each client.

Also note: You must perform these actions manually every-time you open pwi. There are some 3rd party programs to auto-set the affinity for you. I would not suggest these.
Post edited by Chioke - Lost City on

Comments

• SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited July 2011
    Options
    What's really odd is that I haven't seen this brought up before. I heard of it happening shortly to a friend yesterday, but it was network lag related. Most Operating Systems manage to handle the program just fine without setting the affinity due to backwards-compatibility.

If you are having this problem on a regular basis, I would have to say you've got something else going on there that needs looking into.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chioke - Lost City
    Chioke - Lost City Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Nah for me... single client is fine. Sometimes this acts up with multi-clienting. I just wanted to throw out this fix for anyone who may have the same issue ;o