Which gems would you use?

dranc
dranc Posts: 20 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Seeker
This is for end-game armour pieces... be they nirvana or rank 8 or rank 9... just wondering what everyone's thought is on what gems to imbue.

First thing that comes to mind is obviously Diamond of Dragon... being harder to kill is good anytime of the day. If going with that route, I suppose full Sapphire Gem will also do. But DoD price is a bit ridiculous right now.

But the Archilles' heel for seeker is their low damage. So to mitigate that a little bit, I would think Diamond of Tiger would be best.

So full DoD (sapphire) or Dot, or a combination of these two? Oh, forgot about Vit and HP stones.
Post edited by dranc on

Comments

• RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Jade of Steady Defense is the best, though also the most expensive. Barring that, I would say vit stones.
    dranc wrote: »
    But the Archilles' heel for seeker is their low damage. So to mitigate that a little bit, I would think Diamond of Tiger would be best.

O.o I don't know what game you're playing, but my seeker can 1 shot most arcanes at equal level, and LA users drop in a few hits.

The real Achilles heel for seekers is the lack of reliable anti-stun (4 sec anti stun with 1 min C/D on sage Unfetter is nice, but only really good for resisting 1 or maybe 2 stuns in it's duration). So while we do have fairly nice defense, even more defense would be nice to survive through stuns.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well talking about ENDGAME, we have only 2 choices: Vit stones or JoSD.

I opt for JoSD because of the adrenal numbness. So seekers are the highest Def Lv at end-game (other than psychics, but no psychics ever use White-voodoo).

You know, hit a mob without the adrenal numbness and feel the pain, then buff adrenal numbness and feel the relief. Now sharding JoSD really sounds great.

Keep in mind that: Defense Level does NOT reduce Damages Over Time, because DoTs are BUGGED ATM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • Sharuum - Lost City
    Sharuum - Lost City Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well talking about ENDGAME, we have only 2 choices: Vit stones or JoSD.

I opt for JoSD because of the adrenal numbness. So seekers are the highest Def Lv at end-game (other than psychics, but no psychics ever use White-voodoo).

You know, hit a mob without the adrenal numbness and feel the pain, then buff adrenal numbness and feel the relief. Now sharding JoSD really sounds great.

Keep in mind that: Defense Level does NOT reduce Damages Over Time, because DoTs are BUGGED ATM.

What do you mean psychics never use white voodoo? That is vital for good psychic pvp. You have soulforce reflects, dot's that don't get reduced by -atk lvl (in addition to not being affected by def level as you stated), and overall amazing survivability. A real psychic should be alternating between black and white voodoo (just not predictably or a good opponent can kill you).

And JoSD are far better with r9 than vit stones. I am not 100% sure about the role of VIT in endgame seeker builds atm but here are my effective HP results for a couple builds and configurations. I am looking at the Effective HP stat from the wiki with my calculations being 96.4% accurate i believe. Assuming Sage Numbness and Krav Maga

Effective HP against R9 opponents with ~100 attack level

Case 1: 100 Base VIT Seeker (100 Base Vit Build)

Base Stats:
    Physical HP: 56,559
    Magical HP: 34,445

With 24 Vit Stones:
    Physical HP: 73,707
    Magical HP: 45,401

With 24 JoSD:
    Physical HP: 107,463
    Magical HP: 65,446

Case 2: Minimum VIT Seeker (Minimum Vit Build)

Base Stats:
    Physical HP: 53,177
    Magical HP: 30,423

With 24 Vit Stones:
    Physical HP: 70,078
    Magical HP: 40,803

With 24 JoSD:
    Physical HP: 101,036
    Magical HP: 57,804

In both cases, VIT stones blow. Now, when fighting against non r9, the diminishing returns from using Jades does become present and you may want to use vit stones, but even if you do that, it's pointless because you are nearly indestructible to them anyway.