Zhen still practiced on Arch server?

Miugre - Heavens Tear
Miugre - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,390 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Etherblade (West)
Hello Arch server.

I've recently been playing an "alternate main," of sorts, on this server (Hariken, currently 58 Cleric). And in the last couple of weeks I've noticed something interesting in world chat that I never see on HT: zhen party requests.

This raised an eyebrow for me because zhen was the big thing back when I first joined PWI. It seemed to be everyone's favorite money sink. Buy a charm. Get a wizard and/or an archer. Get a cleric. Get a guy with a mount (or maybe just a barb). Go out to the Bladewolves or whatever other mobs. Set up a continuous BB + DB + Barrage while the guy with the mount pulls them all in and grabs the drops. Get lots of exp (augmented by a training scroll - or in this day and age, hypers). This is what I understood as "zhen."

So someone help me out here - IS this kind of zhen-style grinding alive and well on the Archosaur server? o.o

It seems almost like it wouldn't be. Nowadays if you're hell-bent on hitting endgame ASAP, you grind Oracles (or the even more deplorable practice of FC head powerleveling). So the concept of people still engaging in this sort of obsolete (but far more legit) group-grinding method certainly intrigues me.

Unless, of course, zhen is used to refer to some other practice now. But that's why I'm here. To ask you guys: is my 2008-era definition of "zhen" still accurate? If not, what does it refer to now?

I always thought zhenning was more of a CSer's pasttime back in 2008. But now that event gold exists, this makes charm-buying a lot more feasible, so I may have to try it at some point if it's really still around. o.o
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
LigerKing (Barb), Girasole (BM), Shamsheer (Sin), ArborSoul (Mystic).
Post edited by Miugre - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Empty server
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    That's funny, I don't remember asking for trolls.

Especially not trolls from other servers. >_>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yes, I'm still a stubborn holdout in favor of the old game. Haters gonna hate. ;]

Other Active Characters:
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Perhaps you should try to fit in a delta squad.. delta is almost all about zhening. And players who know how to play their class.. I supose
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Perhaps you should try to fit in a delta squad.. delta is almost all about zhening. And players who know how to play their class.. I supose
    I have tried (partial) Delta on HT, it's alright. :P

I'm just wondering if people actually do open-world zhen on this server. Because it looks to me like a few do. o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have tried (partial) Delta on HT, it's alright. :P

I'm just wondering if people actually do open-world zhen on this server. Because it looks to me like a few do. o.o

It`s still sorta done, although not too much as it`s quite expensive compared to FC. It`s done in the PQ pits, mostly, with elite mobs that drop sorta quickly by seeker aoes. I`ve never actually compared PQ vs seaweeds, though I`m pretty sure PQ wins by fair margin.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Hello Arch server.

I've recently been playing an "alternate main," of sorts, on this server (Hariken, currently 58 Cleric). And in the last couple of weeks I've noticed something interesting in world chat that I never see on HT: zhen party requests.

This raised an eyebrow for me because zhen was the big thing back when I first joined PWI. It seemed to be everyone's favorite money sink. Buy a charm. Get a wizard and/or an archer. Get a cleric. Get a guy with a mount (or maybe just a barb). Go out to the Bladewolves or whatever other mobs. Set up a continuous BB + DB + Barrage while the guy with the mount pulls them all in and grabs the drops. Get lots of exp (augmented by a training scroll - or in this day and age, hypers). This is what I understood as "zhen."

So someone help me out here - IS this kind of zhen-style grinding alive and well on the Archosaur server? o.o

It seems almost like it wouldn't be. Nowadays if you're hell-bent on hitting endgame ASAP, you grind Oracles (or the even more deplorable practice of FC head powerleveling). So the concept of people still engaging in this sort of obsolete (but far more legit) group-grinding method certainly intrigues me.

Unless, of course, zhen is used to refer to some other practice now. But that's why I'm here. To ask you guys: is my 2008-era definition of "zhen" still accurate? If not, what does it refer to now?

I always thought zhenning was more of a CSer's pasttime back in 2008. But now that event gold exists, this makes charm-buying a lot more feasible, so I may have to try it at some point if it's really still around. o.o
    I hear Seekers have a continuous AoE too now.

Imma try a Zhen squad with my Cleric and a Wizard friend, I need a change of pace. Though I'm on Dreamweaver.
  • BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur
    BLOODMYSTIC - Archosaur Posts: 1,842 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Buy a charm. Get a wizard and/or an archer. Get a cleric. Get a guy with a mount (or maybe just a barb). Go out to the Bladewolves or whatever other mobs. Set up a continuous BB + DB + Barrage while the guy with the mount pulls them all in and grabs the drops. Get lots of exp (augmented by a training scroll - or in this day and age, hypers). This is what I understood as "zhen."

its only with hypers, only in pits for public quest, and (usually, but not always) only to powerlevel people who often aren't even the lvl 60 required to do the darn quest.

Oh, and there are no drops.

Oh, and they think they own the place and can, by their mere presence, turn "public" quest into "private" property. And qq rage for literaly hours if you dare to try to kill a mob to complete public quest when they've rounded them all up into their zhen with endless cries of "GO TO OTHER PIT!!!!" notwithstanding the fact that they know darn well there is someone else in the other pit doing the exact same thing.

To those people zhening for exp in pq up until lvl 80, just fyi - by the time you get to 70 or certainly 75, people should be getting someone to open frost for them and actually learning how to do that instance. Instead, they pay someone to powerlevel them to 90, then jump in my frost squad so I have wizards sandstorming bosses, sins who insist on doing sin pull then CAN'T do a sin pull or fail sparking through slashing attack or die from shades or worse take so long to kill them I want to scream or afk auto attack a boss with an interrupt - over and over and over again - clerics that don't purify the bubble boss (ok, ok, I was one of them for a few runs - I just healed over it but at least noone ever died), barbs that make you wait while they get chi (hello, you have a skill for that), archers who won't barrage or use "TAB" to do hands or worse stand their with their thumbs up their butts till next hands pop up (hello, you can attack the boss in between - thats half the reason your the one doing hands), venos who pass chi to sins and/or don't amp the bosses, bms that don't hf - EVER!!!- or shadow kick the slashing boss, psychics that jump the bm's stun or the barb's roar and pull aggro on themselves and die - over and over and over again, mystics that knockback mobs out of the zhen, etc. In fact, the only class that I don't see **** up fc on a regular basis on our server is seekers, and thats basically because they are only good for that vortex skill and that with bloodpaint they can all but solo the darn thing at lvl 85 with apoth and good gear.

sorry you asked?
    "And as for bragging, I don't need to brag. I am famous, yo. My accomplishments are legendary. I am BLOODMYSTIC, speaker of truth, bane of the Barbarians of Impulse, slayer of the **** of Narla, liberator of all the free peoples of the Archosaur server, former master propagandist for our leader in freedom, Proski, and Archtroll of the PWI Forums. And now? Amiable pve wizard, beloved by all, aka BLUEMYSTIC. Pleased to make your acquaintance."
  • WnbTank - Archosaur
    WnbTank - Archosaur Posts: 1,472 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Blood started ranting bout noobs, I`ll join!

The funny thing is, ppl are like "We gotta be 80/85+ to FC"/Some other sht... You remember when we were actually leveling on fc? We started that at, I think 75, or I was actually 76 but meh. I myself was complete newbie when it came to barbs or pulling yet we did manage just fine.

Now you go to random squad, ppl at freaking 80+ got literally no idea wtf they are supposed to do. I give up, forgot this freaking forum, cut my post and I aint writing it again, I even topped the old man when it came to building a wall.
    Trolling Sid since So Hot :o
  • Corvin_ - Archosaur
    Corvin_ - Archosaur Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Blood started ranting bout noobs, I`ll join!

The funny thing is, ppl are like "We gotta be 80/85+ to FC"/Some other sht... You remember when we were actually leveling on fc? We started that at, I think 75, or I was actually 76 but meh. I myself was complete newbie when it came to barbs or pulling yet we did manage just fine.

Now you go to random squad, ppl at freaking 80+ got literally no idea wtf they are supposed to do. I give up, forgot this freaking forum, cut my post and I aint writing it again, I even topped the old man when it came to building a wall.

yeah ... i remember starting fc at 75 on the cleric ... but now if you are not 85+ atleast u can't find good squad (ofc beeing 85 does not guarantee u get lucky X( )... tell u the truth i'm scared of fc or zhen with ppl i dont know <.< i've ***** my charm to may times ... is not worth it ... "buying heads" and hopeing u get better luck with a good squad at 90x or so -.-" is all u can do this days... :(
    Corvin_ = Anthemyra / PlumeLady
    this char is a male seeker not cleric as the avatar looks ... pwi loves to bug me b:angry ... or they have something against playing the opposite gender?!? b:shutup
  • Evict - Heavens Tear
    Evict - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,301 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    The only place you'll get decent zhen happening is the Dragoon glitch in FF, js.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Dysk is my tasty chimichanga. <3
  • Miugre - Heavens Tear
    edited July 2011
    Geez, alright, I get it. Question answered, you can all go back to trolling some other thread now. XD
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Other Active Characters:
  • Hazuki_chan - Archosaur
    Hazuki_chan - Archosaur Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Well, except FF and PQ pits, I don't quite see that much zhenning going on, me and a few mates sometimes set up a zhen in third map old valley of the scarred and sit there for a bit, but other than that, I don't quite see any *.............* .

I should log on HT sometime, but heck it's been ages since I left that server >.>.
  • Anri_Rose - Archosaur
    Anri_Rose - Archosaur Posts: 346 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    I Freaking miss you guys tons, :) dont ever change archo ^_^
    as for all of this
    I just play my own way now, and try to meet others who are like me :) good luck meeting ppl who can be friends Thats the trick now.
    Where have all the mages gone. Long time casting.
    Who altered my siggy im
    kinda scared b:shocked