Your name got censored? Post here

chaoticshelly
chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
edited July 2011 in General Discussion
Despite the lack of maintenance this week, I would like to know how many of the player base were effected by the faulty censoring filter. Please rest assure the team is aware of the issue, but it is possible they aren't aware of how urgent, and troubling it is.

Please make sure to post from the effected toon, and it would be helpful if you include a screenshot of the effected toon's name in game (toon and chat as well).

Even though not all of the community uses the forums, a lot of the forum users are among the effected players. If you are one, or know one in game, make sure to post here and let others know about this topic.

To my understanding there are many factors why there is no maintenance this week, but the fact is the team isn't aware of the amount of people effected (it seems not enough people sent tickets regarding the issue).

Guidelines:

1. Post from the effected toon(s)
2. Add a screenshot of the effected toon from in game (after the censoring began)

Please don't derail this topic: you can discuss the issue in length here

Thank you
Post edited by chaoticshelly on

Comments

• Kumbaric - Raging Tide
    Kumbaric - Raging Tide Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    1zyihz4.jpg
  • Titsania - Lost City
    Titsania - Lost City Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    censored1.jpg
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I haven't been able to get in contact with them, and I don't think he/she goes on the forums, but I know a player with the toon name _chastity_ is affected by the change. She is in my faction. Her name would star out to _chas***_ if you tried to whisper him/her. :P

On a side not, Shelly you just became my favorite mod. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    I wanna stress how important it is that those effected post here - there haven't been many reports to the GMs, yet the forums showed a lot of users were effected, and just on my server - Heaven's Tear - there are dozens and dozens of players who are shut out from the game due to this.

Please ask your effected friends to post here or post yourself, thank you.
    edited June 2011
    Shelly, the problem is that no one checks the technical support zone, unless they need technical support. Since earlier in the week the threads in this area were deleted/merged people just posted on the censorship petition. If this was in general discussion you would get more people.

I will ask my guild members later. :P

Decided to play with coreconnect, what do you know its useful for once!

Anyway when you type in a letter combination you get a ton of results for example

Kumquat
    Tityna
    identity
    _Chastity_
    chastity
    Kumico
    fuqua

Lets see as far as regular forum people go you have scuzeme, JanusZeal, Takumeme

Would it really be that hard for them to check their player roster and search for letter combos?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    This is a technical problem, though, but I do see your point. I'll move this to the General forum shortly.
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Do u really expect everyone affected by this **** to post here? U made the mess, u solve it. Just go back to what it was before. If u do not agree with "****" then try typing in **** or quantity in game. Yeah I know u need to update like 5 months of patches before u do that but well, need to do something for the cash right.
    edited June 2011
    Do u really expect everyone affected by this **** to post here? U made the mess, u solve it. Just go back to what it was before. If u do not agree with "****" then try typing in **** or quantity in game. Yeah I know u need to update like 5 months of patches before u do that but well, need to do something for the cash right.

Shelly, a mod, is trying to get us to post so she can prove to them that it's something that needs their immediate attention. From her post, I gather they think it doesn't affect a large amount of the playerbase and thus it's something they can put off. Shelly is a mod who actually gives a darn, and a player just like you and me. She is NOT a GM and she is NOT a paid employee of Perfect World Entertainment.

Another one I found in core connect is tityus
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    I'm a mod. I made no mess, if anything, I'm trying to help you guys get this thing fixed.
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Is it childish that I look for the cencsored word and laugh like a school girl .... Most of them seem to be Kum and t it.... what a combination. b:shutup
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
    edited June 2011
    Um my venos name is Kumiko (with some extra dashes and stuff added on), but now part of her name is starred out because of the K-u-m in there with the screwed up new censorship. Her name cant be right clicked from chat and no one can PM her now.

But if I send in a ticket about this will they just ban her? :\
    Same here my character name is Kumagoro....what's so wrong with Kum?? I wrote a note and have gotten nothing back
    I cant squad or do anything!!! No PV, NO BH, NO TT, NO FF!! wtf! :'( i cant be squaded, Kumiko_Zen is now ***iko_Zen!!!!
    My venomancer's name is now partly censored. That means no one can PM her, so it's basically impossible to sell stuff on world chat, talk to friends or use other basic chat functions. Her name is Yokaiakuma, so I guess it's blocked for having k, u and m in a line together. This character is level 67, has an extended inventory, plat. charms, high rep and even extra pet slots I paid for. Is there ANY way this can be fixed? b:angry b:cry

PS: I tried to submit a ticket, but the page will not load.

So.. we can wear provocative fash, like the barfighter fash which is basically kinky panties, or bikini tops with over-sized breast spilling out of them, but if anyone dares to say "eat me" or something dirty that'd be wayyyyy out of line.
    I'm on alts and can't post a screenshot, but for obvious reasons:

"JanusZeal" becomes "J****Zeal" when typing anything, and people cannot message me. Someone on my FL can initiate a chat dialogue, but cannot use /Januszeal because it translates to /J****Zeal and the name doesn't exist.

It's hilarious how just about no one here can follow directions.

This is all I could find using the search key, not gonna bother reading through each thread. :P If you see your quote here and would like to post it yourself/get a screenie simply go ahead and post and I will remove your quote.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • YukaYakumi - Lost City
    YukaYakumi - Lost City Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    also affected b:laugh

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/593/yukayakumi.jpg/

hey my join date wasn't june 2011 >.>
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I don't have a screenshot, but my director's name is censored.

Scrappers
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Takumeme - Dreamweaver
    Takumeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 381 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Even though I already submitted a ticket -.-

Censor
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    KumoNeko (a Veno on HT)

A good 50+ other players since last maint on HT.
  • ArchAngeLi - Harshlands
    ArchAngeLi - Harshlands Posts: 285 Arc User
    edited June 2011

lolumad? someone needs to direct their anger and frustration to the people who is actually in charge
  • Hellraisor - Heavens Tear
    Hellraisor - Heavens Tear Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I aint mad, but people affected by this should be. They've sent tickets already but still need to take the trouble to post here again? Do you think everyone will read this post?
  • Jeremied - Sanctuary
    Jeremied - Sanctuary Posts: 2,259 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I aint mad, but people affected by this should be. They've sent tickets already but still need to take the trouble to post here again? Do you think everyone will read this post?
    :P If you keep bumping this thread up, yes, more and more people that are effected will see this post, either from your complaining, or by word of mouth from friends.

Trust the nice mod. She knows what she's doing, and your fighting against this subject is doing nothing for anyone except maybe making this thread more visible.

I'm personally making sure that anyone I see with a censored name in game checks the forums for Shelly's thread. This isn't the first time an update has ultimately screwed up people's individual characters.

@~@ Anyone remember the hair problems from when the TB expansion first came out? lol I'm thankful a mod is being helpful this time >w< <3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ~Demon as of 5/6/12 - On the night where the moon is closer to the earth and brighter than any other night in the past 18 years.~

Slow and steady stays alive~ I'm in no rush, I'm enjoying the journey to end game just as it was ment to be. b:victory
    "You sir, are why I love clerics <3" < Liba - Heaven's Tear
    b:thanks Well thank you Liba<3
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    :P If you keep bumping this thread up, yes, more and more people that are effected will see this post, either from your complaining, or by word of mouth from friends.

Trust the nice mod. She knows what she's doing, and your fighting against this subject is doing nothing for anyone except maybe making this thread more visible.

I'm personally making sure that anyone I see with a censored name in game checks the forums for Shelly's thread. This isn't the first time an update has ultimately screwed up people's individual characters.

@~@ Anyone remember the hair problems from when the TB expansion first came out? lol I'm thankful a mod is being helpful this time >w< <3

How many people on an average MMORPG visit the forums often or when asked too? If there was a way to calculate this, I'd say it would be under 30% of the total playing population of all servers in-game combined. In other words, word to mouth or not, people don't all visit the forums. The affected people of this situation should have already quit the game a week ago, as there is no point in playing (or "attempting" to play), when you're unable to access the full potential of your character(s).

You can tell everyone you know. Everyone in this thread can tell everyone they know. But guess how many will take a picture, upload it, and log into these forums to post? How many have already accessed the ticketing system and sent tickets?

Mod or not, it's a little late. This should have been brought up the night the patch was released across all servers, and emergency maint should have happened. I now tell all people asking about this game, they shouldn't even attempt it. What's the point?
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    lol, there is a guy with the name ********_

......who likes to WC a lot. b:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I would say less than 5% that posts, and probably 15% that reads.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    95% of statistics are made up.
  • archaez
    archaez Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Arkuma == Ar***a
  • chaoticshelly
    edited June 2011
    Guys, please discuss the issue at the appropriate topic. It will become difficult to spot the relevant posts otherwise. Thanks.
  • Scuzeme - Dreamweaver
    Scuzeme - Dreamweaver Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    First of all thanks shelly, and the players who are trying to help players like me who are affected.

I tried adding a screenshot here bbut it didnt work, anyhow my charactername is being partially censored as Scuzeme = S****me

thanks for the effort
  • Adrianus - Dreamweaver
    Adrianus - Dreamweaver Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    2011-06-2917-21-31-1.jpg
    Another censored name to add to the list
    Ardianus - 88 BM (retired)
    Tardok - 83 Cleric
    Doktar - 43 Seeker
  • DeffyNature - Archosaur
    DeffyNature - Archosaur Posts: 1,400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    No screenshot yet, but my friend got the nasty censored name:SoranusLycan=Sor****Lycan.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GohRaL - Sanctuary
    GohRaL - Sanctuary Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    kum is censored but **** not...LOL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ...i guarantee you, YOUR CHILDREN WILL NOT SEE THE DAY OF YOUR WHITE HAIRS...GOODBYE BLUE SKY (and PW too)

>RETIRED<
This discussion has been closed.