Seeker skill question

Xylinia - Lost City
Xylinia - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
edited July 2011 in Seeker
I noticed the other day that when I use northern sky waltz and parchedblade dance, only one icon appears. I just wanted to make sure whether or not you can use both at the same time, and if not, which one is better to use?
Post edited by Xylinia - Lost City on

Comments

• LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    you cannot use more than one stance at a time. it's northern sky OR parchedblade OR soulsever, not any combination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver
    SunDownXIII - Dreamweaver Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They are all great max them all out. Think about it like this, one is to do single target max damage, the next is to do aoe stun/damage and the other is for a boss fights. But you can use them any which way. If you would of asked me a month ago I would of said northern sky waltz but not I love them all. Specially the aoe stun :) whatever is called haha talk about troll skillz lol.
    101/101/102
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also run around as a R1 seeker named WildFireXIII b:chuckle and now as a Stormbringer named xGrimStormxX, and no I'm not Grim from Kindred
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Parchedblade is nice for AoE grinding (though I find the massive damage add from Gemini + Soulsever to be more helpful. Though in the lower levels, Northern Sky Waltz is generally better. Both because you won't be doing much along the lines of AoEing early on, and because Parched has a low proc chance, and hardly ever procs if you don't have it at least 5 or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~
  • Xylinia - Lost City
    Xylinia - Lost City Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thanks guys!
  • Chrisalys - Dreamweaver
    Chrisalys - Dreamweaver Posts: 167 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    As said, you must use Northern sky OR Parched blade OR Soulsever

Between Northern Sky and Parched blade, use Parched blade for questing and grinding as it allows you to stun you enemies. You might want to use Northern Sky against fleeting mobs as well as you probably don't have the Heart Seeker yet.

When you get Soulsever, go for it. It deals a eye-glowing damage, PLUS: it reduces your enemy(ies) atk and defense for 3 minutes and has a HIGH chance to mark enemies with.

Tho each stance has a better use in each situation, and also its affected by your game style. Its up to you.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!" - Dracula
  • RawrGummy - Dreamweaver
    RawrGummy - Dreamweaver Posts: 116 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    As said, you must use Northern sky OR Parched blade OR Soulsever

Between Northern Sky and Parched blade, use Parched blade for questing and grinding as it allows you to stun you enemies. You might want to use Northern Sky against fleeting mobs as well as you probably don't have the Heart Seeker yet.

When you get Soulsever, go for it. It deals a eye-glowing damage, PLUS: it reduces your enemy(ies) atk and defense for 3 minutes and has a HIGH chance to mark enemies with.

Tho each stance has a better use in each situation, and also its affected by your game style. Its up to you.

Personally, I hardly ever use Parchedblade for grinding.

NSW is, imo, better for melee grinding since it procs more often (I can usually get it to proc twice on a single mob) and the -20 def levels make for a much faster fight. I'd rather have that than a 3 sec stun.

Soulsever is better for the type of grinding I usually do, which is Heartseeker > Battousai > Gemini. Spirit Bore usually procs within the first two hits, generally finishing the mob off with the Gemini hit.

Just my two cents though. Each seeker has their own stance preferences. b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go Gummy, It's your birthday~