New question about assassins, but bout genies.

Haaku - Harshlands
Haaku - Harshlands Posts: 39 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Assassin
Just to make sure people read it, i started new thread cus i made it seem like my questions were answered but i thought of new ones =/

what about my genie? cus to my understanding, sins depend highly on them, so anyone mind telling me what skills to get my genie / what atributes it should have and what type of genie. thanks.
Post edited by Haaku - Harshlands on

Comments

• Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    hmm.... there are about 8-9 useful skills i have heard about, so you may actually need multiple genies for different circumstances

i like soloing TT, so my genie was made to increase my survivability and damage output

i got

Tangling Mire
    Second Wind
    Holy Path
    Tree of Protection
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Other skill that may interest you...
    Occult Ice (for an extra stun in PvP)
    Bramble Rage (both for PvP and PvE. It's magical, so it's good when PKing heavies or knocking that higher level sin out of stealth. For PvE, it's goos to have another aoe, especially for FCC).
    Relentless Courage or Wind Shield (for extra APS before you reach 89 if you're going demon, or for aps period if you're going demon, or for aps period if you're going demon, or aps period if you are going sage)
    Absolute Domain (a few seconds of invincibility can save anyone, anywhere, anytime. For sins, it's kind of like having a second Deaden Nerves)

You'll also want a Zeal as most of the skills useful for sins are strength-based as Zeal is a strength genie. Furthermore, Zeal's Earthflame will help you a lot to avoid fighting more than one mob at once.
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I've been using my genie ever since I got the skills on it, and they are:

Holy Path
    Tree of Protection
    Absolute Domain
    Tangling Mire
    Extreme Poison
    Frenzy (Enrage)

If I'm soloing bosses, I spam Mire and EP after I spark/emblemed. In Nirvy I Mire if no one has mired, otherwise I use frenzy. It's very easy to alternate between the skills in Nirvy if you have a great team.

If I'm doing an event where damage is crucial, I would want to buff my damage output, but not others. So Frenzy is the perfect skill for that. The Tiger Event and CoA are examples of this.

My genie is a Longevity with 2 energy/sec recharge rate, and 60 str/55 vit/20 dex. 60 Str helps boost Mire debuffs and ToP, while 20 dex (15 base as a Longevity genie) increases the EP time to 8 seconds from 6. 55 Vit allows me to Holy Path twice with a fully charged genie, and to spam skills at times.

Otherwise having 2-3 genies isn't a bad idea. One/a couple for PvE, and one/a couple for PvP.
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • EvilCorpse - Heavens Tear
    EvilCorpse - Heavens Tear Posts: 73 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    You'll also want a Zeal as most of the skills useful for sins are strength-based as Zeal is a strength genie. Furthermore, Zeal's Earthflame will help you a lot to avoid fighting more than one mob at once.

Zeal is not strength based, its magic based. Infliction is str based. My lvl 70 infliction has abt 96 str and the rest of the stats are untouched. Tangling mire gives a whopping 54% pdef reduction and second wind regens abt 2.2k hp. XD i suggest infliction genie with max str.
    I am a spammer among trolls,
    Words are my weapons, smileys my shield,
    I have spammed over 1000 pages,
    Ignoring dislikes, nor listening to admins,
    Yet my posts are rarely deleted,
    So as I troll, Give me, Unlimited Spam Works!
    b:laugh
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Zeal is not strength based, its magic based. Infliction is str based. My lvl 70 infliction has abt 96 str and the rest of the stats are untouched. Tangling mire gives a whopping 54% pdef reduction and second wind regens abt 2.2k hp. XD i suggest infliction genie with max str.
    Right, my badb:embarrass
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~