File not working -,.,-

Jeskap - Harshlands
Jeskap - Harshlands Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
All right well everytime i log onto pwi and get into game my stupid game blinks black and then goes to the game then it blinks and doesnt go back to the game then says something like igfx file not working, this happened to me before but i dont remember how to fix it so could like a GM or MOD or something who has had experience with this problem pls reply ty <3
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
No Offense but im About to Offend you.
Post edited by Jeskap - Harshlands on

Comments

• Okon - Lost City
    Okon - Lost City Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Try verifying your files from the launcher.
  • MageMERC - Harshlands
    MageMERC - Harshlands Posts: 1,600 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I downloaded the game 2 days ago on this computer, and it works fine, suggesting to me you have a computer problem. Previously on another computer I had to update my drivers to get the game working. Try that first and if no luck, uninstall and re-download the game.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    All right well everytime i log onto pwi and get into game my stupid game blinks black and then goes to the game then it blinks and doesnt go back to the game then says something like igfx file not working, this happened to me before but i dont remember how to fix it so could like a GM or MOD or something who has had experience with this problem pls reply ty <3

sounds like its a graphics card issue i recommend opening the client and veryfying the files then if that doesnt work you might wanna check in with a computer shop seeing whats up with your graphics card.

The igfx files are connected to
    your graphics chip which is on your motherboard. The laptop should have
    come with the correct motherboard (chipset) and graphics drivers already
    installed. The lack of responsiveness after the machine is on for a
    while also points to a hardware fault.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Kookaburra - Lost City
    Kookaburra - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011

i had the same problem. its your graphics card crashing then restoring itself. i don't remember how i fixed it the first time since it only happened when i played perfect world. i ended up just grabbing a new laptop that could handle stuff better
  • Jeskap - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Well one i have a computer not a laptop , 2 this has happened before and i somehow stopped it but i had to delete the game, 3 i made sure the files got verified everytime it asked if i wanted to verify the files , and 4 i dont know how to buy or get a new graphic thingy but thankyou all for the info if u have anymore suggestions and facts on how to fix it or w.e pls reply :o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • LadyTsuki - Harshlands
    LadyTsuki - Harshlands Posts: 148 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Well one i have a computer not a laptop , 2 this has happened before and i somehow stopped it but i had to delete the game, 3 i made sure the files got verified everytime it asked if i wanted to verify the files , and 4 i dont know how to buy or get a new graphic thingy but thankyou all for the info if u have anymore suggestions and facts on how to fix it or w.e pls reply :o

Do you still have your drivers disc for your computer? Also I think there are some sites that you can manually update the graphic driver using nVidia software. I don't remember the site though.
    Formerly LadyTsukiyo: Nab cleric, and Harshlands biggest loudmouth. Annoying the living **** out of people, Self-Proclaimed Queen of Sarcasm and One-liners circa 1990.

Died as a cleric, reincarnated into a mystic.
  • Jeskap - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    driver disk ? :O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]