beating bm easy but psys r hard :(

Options
Angelstealth - Harshlands
Angelstealth - Harshlands Posts: 69 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Assassin
OK. I was dueling a level 100 bm and beat him about 4 out of 6 times. The reason being is because I stunlocked him like a mother ****er.

Now. When I went a level 98 psy, he would always put up soul of retaliation. I've found a few ways around it by double spark> and cutting away at it and also maze steps then inner and follow it by my tele stun. But he caught on to what i was doing and started to whoop me.

Are there any efficient ways to fighting psychics? Btw he kept using Expel. :( I know once i get condensed thorn than i can stun right through it. b:pleased
Post edited by Angelstealth - Harshlands on

Comments

• Angelstealth - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Sorry for the double post but here are some of the classes I find to be a challenge.

1. seekers < Defense buff makes it really hard to kill them.
    2. psy's < I hate their self buffs.
    3. barbies< All of that health? yikes. --- Especially if they are charmed o.o
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    OK. I was dueling a level 100 bm and beat him about 4 out of 6 times. The reason being is because I stunlocked him like a mother ****er.
    Doesn't work in regular PK if the guy is charmed unless you're at endgame or majorly outgear the guy.
    Now. When I went a level 98 psy, he would always put up soul of retaliation. I've found a few ways around it by double spark> and cutting away at it and also maze steps then inner and follow it by my tele stun. But he caught on to what i was doing and started to whoop me.
    ... or instead of murdering yourself and wasting maze steps on retal, you could use raving slash (useless status effect that won't affect you much and since most leave it at level 1, the reflect from retal will also be fairly weak), THEN proceed to stunlock the psy (no way around psy will/expel without elemental apoths/genie skills til 70). That way you can use maze steps when you feel it's needed.

And note that while lower leveled sins CAN beat higher leveled opponents. If the opponent is smart and/or well geared, you'll still lose your fair share of the fights. ;p
  • Okeano - Harshlands
    Okeano - Harshlands Posts: 4,943 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There's a 100 BM that lost to a 77 Sin? What did he do, Magic Marrow you? *Face desk*
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @Okeano Lol no, he was being serious. The first 2 times I dueled him I stealthed then proceeded with double spark IH then HH. Continued my combination with Wind Shield then Extreme Poison. During the 3rd duel I lost because I missed my deep sting and got stunlocked and lost. 4th duel I won without using stealth. What had happened was I kited his anti-stun. When it wore off I tele stunned and proceeded with my stun lock. I won't say he was fail because I practice against my level 100 bm just to see what's effective and what not. But back to psys, using raving slash? I guess and i can try it, but I haven't used that skill since I was level 20 something lol.
  • BladedZero - Sanctuary
    BladedZero - Sanctuary Posts: 211 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @Okeano Lol no, he was being serious. The first 2 times I dueled him I stealthed then proceeded with double spark IH then HH. Continued my combination with Wind Shield then Extreme Poison. During the 3rd duel I lost because I missed my deep sting and got stunlocked and lost. 4th duel I won without using stealth. What had happened was I kited his anti-stun. When it wore off I tele stunned and proceeded with my stun lock. I won't say he was fail because I practice against my level 100 bm just to see what's effective and what not. But back to psys, using raving slash? I guess and i can try it, but I haven't used that skill since I was level 20 something lol.

and he didn't try to use Will of the Bodhisattva once after being hit by stunned all day?
    edited June 2011
    Options
    and he didn't try to use Will of the Bodhisattva once after being hit by stunned all day?
    If you go over what I said when "I kited his anti-stun" I was referring to his Will of the Bodhisattva. Read again before making fallacious statements.b:chuckle
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There's a 100 BM that lost to a 77 Sin? What did he do, Magic Marrow you? *Face desk*

i lol at this one...
  • CritCat - Archosaur
    CritCat - Archosaur Posts: 608 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

^ this
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Current Sin Build:
    pwcalc.com/b6540a34278d977d
    Current Wizard Build:
    pwcalc.com/068f7e40791a3be6
  • NinjaAssain - Lost City
    NinjaAssain - Lost City Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    phys are a pain but i kept stealthin and attackin waitin for his effects to wear off to find an openin idk sins and phys are op QQ been here for a loong time when they added these classes the games not the sme
  • _Leif - Lost City
    _Leif - Lost City Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Soul of retaliation only applies to the first attack, you can do anything from dagger throw to normal attacks to counter it. Also note that tele stun isn't affected by soul of retaliation. Psychics aren't that hard to kill pre-rank 9 +12.. and even then it's the insane soulforce that makes their buffs OP, not really their defenses.

What I really like to do when fighting most classes now is hit deep sting (demon deep sting is just awesomesauce) and see what sort of resistance they use. If they domain, I throatcut. If they expel, I tackling slash. If they decide they can tank my damage, I go ahead and kill them.

Side note since you brought up 2 spark > IH > headhunt: Since sins are pretty much endless bags of chi, we sometimes get carried away and headhunt everything, even if they're obviously about to expel/domain or counter it in any way. Try and pk without spamming inner harmony on cooldowns and figure out how to be a bit more economical with your chi. In turn, you'll notice that headhunt and shadow tele is off cooldown a lot more than you're used to :o
  • supertroyman1
    supertroyman1 Posts: 336 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    wel some ppl just have difficult times fighting certain classes. i think everyones that way. for psys its really just a matter of going for the 1 shot. if not bleed and sleep.(used to have psy main)
    seekers im not totally sure of cuz there relatively new but im guessing same concept as barb. just keep then locked down and ull do fine.
    but if ur fighting someone whos gear is FARRRRRRR better then urs its probably just best to get out of the way.
  • Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver
    Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver Posts: 127 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Are there any efficient ways to fighting psychics? Btw he kept using Expel. :( I know once i get condensed thorn than i can stun right through it. b:pleased

ok i am a sin so i know sins are pro....but a lvl 100 bm losing to a 79 sin is just...so so so so wrong....and 1 skill make him immune to stun....not to mention ur only skill to use against it only last 4 sec at lvl 10 -lvl 11 so u winning = him being....uhm....fail "terribly"
    and sins vs psys is a totally different game friend...unless u packing som serious defense...both mag and phys u wont be beating a psy that has better gear than u....

for me R8 psys are easy....well 5 aps + mid refines and a few +10 pieces....but the real problem is R9 with maxed out defence lvl....lol thats twice my gear.....so a lvl 79 sin beating a lvl 98 psy right now is hard to concieve......they are DPH class while sins are DPS at 79 u got maximum -0.15 int and thats only if u got the lvl 60 bracers of bloodmoon....so think of psys above u a world boss...lol

and on that note someone gimme some tips on beating a pro R9 psy with full +12 and maxxed out defence lvl " i dont have lvl 100 skills yet"b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    (demon deep sting is just awesomesauce)
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamen brotha *brofin*
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~
  • Pyroatheist - Lost City
    Pyroatheist - Lost City Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Make a psy, understand the skills, get to remember the buff icons under name and duration. Then follow them in steath, wait till buffs wear off and kill. Being an assassian is about smarts and like playing chess. Check > Check Mate. We wait, we follow, and the moment our prey is distracted or shows signs of weakness - we strike. I also prefer to follow them so close, I could touch them if I wanted...

Sometimes, I simply stand and wait by someone so utterly vunerable - for other sins to come by to pk the bait. Big sins, eagerly eat little sins. Nothing like watching some smaller sin in steath light down next to you - going to pk the bait and BAM - you not only jump them but both are exposed and you get to see the reaction of the bait. It is priceless. Especially, when you make your kill and go back to steath. The bait generally runs.. fast or teles outta there...

but yep - Psys best buffs are 10 minutes, watch > follow > wait... Most are not good at keep the buffs up if they are away from others and feel safe... so let them and then strike. Its actually quite fun.

To Ragamufinsin - Dreamweaver : WHY go after the big fish? Plenty of yummy smaller, weaker ones to strike at. Sins your level are fun to.. they QQ the loudest. I got one entering TT not too long ago and she entertained me by not only QQing on her account but 4 of her alts. BL them all but that was sweeter & more satisfying than 2 bowls of ice cream on a hot summer day.

Well...you're about half right with this one. While it is essential to have a psychic and know the skills in order to beat one, psys are almost NEVER without full shields up. They help pve/pvp, w/e, and since you only have to recast once every 10 minutes when they drop, theres no reason not to keep them up at all times.

As far as killing a fully geared endgame r9 psy goes....I've got a hypothesis, though never tested it. Go deep chill, boost your attack level as much as possible, then use an immune pot to protect against the reflect damage, and try to kill the psy with either 1 or 2 hits double sparked, and hope you don't get sealed from soul of silence on the first hit.
    Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.
  • Typhyse - Sanctuary
    Typhyse - Sanctuary Posts: 3,469 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Pyro, you have just earned infinite coolness points from me for your totally epic siggy.
    I am not worthy...
    Demon_Troll: "takes on the appearance of an innocent archer but turns into a mindless idiot once you hear him speak"
    ~Spazz~