How did you go on ?

Options
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Well, i was looking for a bit of advice here for the community.

On my merch account today, i accidentally mispriced my +10 dorbs, leaving off some zeroes, and resulting in me losing over 180 million coin, roughly 3/4 of my wealth, setting me back a good 2/3 months of hard work

To be honest, at this point, by first, second, and third inclination is to go right to remove programs, and find something else to do, as all the work towards to gear i was working for is gone...

Have any of you ever done something this stupid, and lost months of work ?
how did you convince yourself to keep playing ?

I need some help here b:surrender

( to the trolls, you are welcome as well.. you make the forums interesting 0.o )
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Post edited by Pyrostormz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• rgog
    rgog Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That is around $150, not the end of the world. You will make much bigger mistakes throughout your life (if you haven't already). Shrug it off and move on...
  • Alakai - Heavens Tear
    Alakai - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What I can offer you is, just not care about the money in-game, I don't. I care more about playing the game, instead of doing what everyone else does nowadays. Try to do the impossible with the game, work on your characters instead of merchanting. Or just grind your *** off again, The worst part for me in this game is, when I'm about to level up, and I die...that is the worst part, nothing else really bothers me.
  • Kinnacat - Lost City
    Kinnacat - Lost City Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well... I never miss-priced anything, but I did accidently buy a tele for 100k once...b:surrender

The only thing I can tell you is, double and triple check your prices before setting up your shop and going afk. That's why I always do.

I know this must be very upsetting. Maybe you want to take a break of a few days/weeks/months, and come back once you feel like it, if you feel like it at all.

This really sucks, I hope you'll feel better soon. b:flower
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i haven't shot myself in the foot that badly yet, but i'm sure it's just a matter of time.

in-game, i try to compensate for frustration or boredom on one char by running alts. something like that might get me to start a serious alt on another server just to get my head out of the funk; i might even take a break from the game for weeks to months to reset my mindset, following such a thing.

IRL, i take a physical break when my head gets into that kind of bad space. take a literal hike, a walk along the beach or something, or get something accomplished you hadn't meant to but might benefit from anyway. cleaning the house is an unpleasant chore, but it's a chore that gets done and when you're finished, you have a clean house.

take your dog for a nice long walk. or if you don't have one, see if you can take some friend's dog for a walk --- the animals love it, your friend might appreciate not having to do it that day, and the exercise might help you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    eh.... its more the loss of all the work that bugs me... i know i can make it back, probably a bit faster then last time, but its just so damn frustrating to see work go down the toilet like that
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, i was looking for a bit of advice here for the community.

On my merch account today, i accidentally mispriced my +10 dorbs, leaving off some zeroes, and resulting in me losing over 180 million coin, roughly 3/4 of my wealth, setting me back a good 2/3 months of hard work

To be honest, at this point, by first, second, and third inclination is to go right to remove programs, and find something else to do, as all the work towards to gear i was working for is gone...

Have any of you ever done something this stupid, and lost months of work ?
    how did you convince yourself to keep playing ?

I need some help here b:surrender

( to the trolls, you are welcome as well.. you make the forums interesting 0.o )

yea i need you to have played HL server... i would love some cheap +10 orbs... sorry it happened...
  • Allisandre - Sanctuary
    Allisandre - Sanctuary Posts: 1,452 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    yeah I blew like 20-30m like that once. just have to work it back over time.
    Take the time to look for your answer before you post like an idiot.

There are two kinds of people in this world...
    There are those who panic,
    And then there is us.
    ~ Sarah Jane Smith
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Someone once totally underpriced a martial arts helm and I bought it and then mailed it back - telling them to just keep the 20k and for them to please be more careful setting prices.

Think about it this way.... you made a mistake and only if you did not learn from it -- did you truely lose anything.

Overtime you can recoup it.... sorry for your loss btw.

as much as i can hope this happens.... i honestly would not be able to say i would do it myself... so i guess i have it coming 0.o

sold some other stuff... i still have enough capital to merch, hopefully after a day or 2, i will get my motivation back
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I have and is cost me around 100-120 million. Was not miss-priced items, more like me being reckless on what account i put some highly refined gear.

Was really pissed and emo for about a week and didn't play at all, but after a while i just forgot about it and learn my lesson i guess. Its not so much the loss that makes you rage, its the lucky *** that made a smaller fortune on your expense thats annoying. So try not to think about the guy that got free 10 star orbs at all lol.

Best thing you can do is think "it could be worse" actually. Or that works for me. Like i could actually have lost 300 mil worth of gear if my cube neck +8 was also on the account that got stripped for example. Think positive and be happy that you didn't loose 4/4 of your fortune. At some point you will start getting it back to, people miss price loads, next time its your turn to find something missing a few zeros.

Anyway if you accidentally drop 100-200$ out on the street i doubt you be sad for month either and since this in-game money we are talking about, coins you didn't even charge ZEN for its not really that big of a tragedy.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    that is true, thanks
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • Sherufaniru - Raging Tide
    Sherufaniru - Raging Tide Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That sucks dude I alway triple check everything I do, unless I'm lazy or something. Well I hope things get better for you to continue your merchanting. Wouldn't be the same without not seeing you soloing PQ boss for me attack to complete it.b:chuckle
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    rgog wrote: »
    That is around $150, not the end of the world. You will make much bigger mistakes throughout your life (if you haven't already). Shrug it off and move on...

wut like spending another 150$ on the game?