In regards to leveling alts?

Options
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
Pyrostormz - Raging Tide Posts: 956 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I was just wondering how to go about doing it

i really only feel the need to get a few to level 30-40 or so, to get the benefit of some buffs, i dont want to spend a long time on them

would standard grinding work if i use my sin here with them squadded ?
would the level diff kill the exp so there was no point ( just curious if anyone knows the formula, or able to tell me how much exp a level one would get in %, based on squadding with a level 78 )

bring that i can use oracles until level 30, are there any other ways to get them leveled fast ?
┌─┐
┴─┴
ಠ_ರೃ
Post edited by Pyrostormz - Raging Tide on

Comments

• JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I solo FF to level a few alts of my own and my wife's with a 100 sin, a full run would easily get from 1 to 40-47 provided there's no more than two others (3 people total), and how much faster to level depends on how quickly the person being power leveled can solo the heads without any others nearby.

In comparison, it makes oracles look like the XP version of chump change.

The experience differential favours everyone really. While it isn't much XP per se from a level 1's standpoint, a few normal mobs level them up til about 10. OTOH, once you start hypering on FF bosses it more "forces" XP upon the lower level player knocking them up 2-5 levels sometimes. The higher level benefits greatly too if they want XP because people lower level in squad are granted less of the share, highest level the most XP. Win/win.
  • Pyrostormz - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    hmm... i cant do that yet, an i am not sure i want to spend that amount. from what i understand, a full run on a level 1 would cost me over 2 mill ?

would their be a more affordable method that anyone knows of ?

level 30 is really all i need to get them to for now

: level 1-12 or so i can get just combining stones and selling them near Tu jo at cost

its more 15-30 i am looking for :)
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't know what the prices are there but I think it's about 1m on HT for a full run, at least that's what I see on tele spam. I also don't go with power leveled squads as I don't need to, but I imagine a full run should get you to 30 at least before you waste money on oracles, but am not exactly sure the amount of XP one gets with a near full squad of random-leveled lowbies. b:cute
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Solo PQ1 boss for them while on hyper xp.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Solo PQ1 boss for them while on hyper xp.

not sure i can do that on my sin

the other elite mobs there will shred me 0.o
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ
  • __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver
    __Astarte__ - Dreamweaver Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Pull the boss out of the pit with a Zeal genie to one of the rocky outcroppings lining the perimeter. There are a few safe spots that other mobs won't bother you.
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    not sure i can do that on my sin

the other elite mobs there will shred me 0.o

You can. I've seen low 7x solo it.

And using earthflame to lure the boss.
  • Allynna_ - Dreamweaver
    Allynna_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've heard of Sins doing it, but they recommend the 74 Mold daggers (The 10% HP regen proc helps a lot apparently)

Think the boss is worth over 200K EXP Hypered. Do that 10 times and that's over 2mil EXP
    edited June 2011
    Options
    need to get earthflame i guess, thanks guys
    ┌─┐
    ┴─┴
    ಠ_ರೃ