The best of the best

Options

Comments

• Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The solution is simple!

Put everyone in level 5 gear and hold some 1v1's as well as squad PK b:chuckle

This is the correct answer. Remove the gears and lets see how great everyone's skill really is b:laugh
  • Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver
    Xx_Zero_xX - Dreamweaver Posts: 156 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    fine with me b:dirty
  • Lissan - Dreamweaver
    Lissan - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    This is the correct answer. Remove the gears and lets see how great everyone's skill really is b:laugh

Good in theory. However some classes are more dependent on gear than others. A Psy would have hardly any soulforce making many of their powerful skills rather weak. Some classes have buffs that are gear dependent. Also, classes that use skills with higher percentages based off wep damage will be weaker in respect as well. An example would be 100% wep + 7k damage vs a skill that is 200% wep + 5k damage. That example isn't an actual skill but demonstrates that the gear will make a difference. All in all though, having even low lvl gear would help level the playing field. You def wouldn't see bm's using fists without any of their interval gear b:chuckle
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But likewise the other guy also has weaker defenses, and less HP to go along with the weaker attacks. Its probably not perfect, but its the most even way of fighting I could think of :3
  • Lissan - Dreamweaver
    Lissan - Dreamweaver Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    But likewise the other guy also has weaker defenses, and less HP to go along with the weaker attacks. Its probably not perfect, but its the most even way of fighting I could think of :3

Agreed, can't think of anything that would level the playing field any better either. Was just pointing out that some classes scale better with gear. Defenses and hp don't really scale evenly imo(I can get into the math but would make the post rather long). Certain classes have more innate hp, also vit builds would have an advantage in this case; magic, dex and str have a much less impact on damage with such a low level weapon. Majority of damage would come from the level of the skill with the plus "xxxx" damage rather than from base atk (the part modified by the stat) + wpn atk. Venos would have the biggest advantage with a system like this (nix vs ppl with less than 3k pdef, ouch). The system works great for inner class pvp. Again, I can't think of a better way to even the playing field either.
  • Rape_ur_Soul - Dreamweaver
    Rape_ur_Soul - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I don't get it how my name is in the list and the names of other, better skilled/geared barbs are not. Thank you anyway for thinking I'm worth mentioning.
    Only drink by day or night (or somewheres in between)
  • Rape_ur_Soul - Dreamweaver
    Rape_ur_Soul - Dreamweaver Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Also, I miss Featherstone's name among the Clerics - or A_Raft, her Mystic, in that list.
    Only drink by day or night (or somewheres in between)
  • SatanMarkerz - Dreamweaver
    SatanMarkerz - Dreamweaver Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    all the drama Q underscore ***** Q.... and i support this message
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pinhead76
    pinhead76 Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    To be honest here.I seen someone ask how do you determine the best for the Best. Is the the one that can afford the Best?Is is one that can play the best? Tank the Best? DD the Best? Heal the Best?Or is it the one that do what they can to help others be the Best they can be with their own Limits?To me i dont care if u can afford every item on the entire dang game.I dont care if u cant solo the whole freaking game.I dont care if you are the Mac Daddy of pk and you name is on fire red. To me its the ones you think of when you need help.They one no matter what lvl will help all the lower or less fortunate. The best of the best is all those who are not caught up with greed...or measure..themselves with what they got. The poeple who bust their butt to help other weather its a friend or a friend of a friend.The one with a great personality. Their are so many ive met on this game that could go on this list then.Then on the other hand there are 100x's as many that wouldnt lift a finger or spare 1 min to help someone else, unless they are paid.
  • Grape_Jelly - Dreamweaver
    Grape_Jelly - Dreamweaver Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    pinhead76 wrote: »
    To be honest here.I seen someone ask how do you determine the best for the Best. Is the the one that can afford the Best?Is is one that can play the best? Tank the Best? DD the Best? Heal the Best?Or is it the one that do what they can to help others be the Best they can be with their own Limits?To me i dont care if u can afford every item on the entire dang game.I dont care if u cant solo the whole freaking game.I dont care if you are the Mac Daddy of pk and you name is on fire red. To me its the ones you think of when you need help.They one no matter what lvl will help all the lower or less fortunate. The best of the best is all those who are not caught up with greed...or measure..themselves with what they got. The poeple who bust their butt to help other weather its a friend or a friend of a friend.The one with a great personality. Their are so many ive met on this game that could go on this list then.Then on the other hand there are 100x's as many that wouldnt lift a finger or spare 1 min to help someone else, unless they are paid.

i support this message also lol
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ok so i was bored and saw the other Thread of top 52 ... but saw alot of people who have quit the game.Decided to make a list of Top Players atm of each class (who ive seen around recently... aka ACTIVE players)

Cleric:

Aubree
    Magiere
    Aristo
    shabur
    Tibetan
    Adrikan
    Gweendelyne
    Velveteen
    MeatbunXD
    flowflow
    Anachronox
    Raygan
    WilGolden

Psychic:

xCurse
    AznBloodV
    Kaizor
    The__Sun
    Sympsy

Barbarian:

BigCojones
    Skippy
    TEMPL/\R
    Dangerfield
    Olee
    Kicksumbutt
    Dsholder
    Chizaru
    Steukbarb
    Traz
    Torados
    RafaelsBarb
    B/\NDIT
    Rap3_Your_Soul
    FuRry_baLL

Archer:

DrAgOOnZ
    Jmagnum
    Lucy_Black
    bodine
    Heartz
    Kasumi
    Merangelus
    whathappend
    Ojimaru
    Raiyin
    Raiden_
    Er_Nai
    Andres
    Light_Out
    minigod
    baltag
    Aujami_

Assasin:

AngelA$
    Immafishie
    KillerPuzzy
    Sinsatious
    Poetic
    xHiddenRagex
    Aujami
    DATALEC
    Azzazin
    Ceil
    Zsw

Venomancer:

_Raszagal_
    bedazzled
    Chibiusa
    Kamiller
    Laterra
    fiyah
    MeowPurr
    Kattywompus
    Tyramera

Wizard:

Elendria
    Drakira
    Pooplio
    Lunality
    akainu
    flowhappend
    Satchiko
    Omalley
    Angels_Age
    Jedeye
    Glycerin
    Zeratul
    BlkKnight

Blademaster:

Triton
    nigelus
    T_i_m
    Lucretius
    Xx_Zero_xX
    Tojan
    BaldwinBoy
    Gwey
    SuperHebbe
    DaRusha
    Eiinlanzer
    MacRoid
    vonheltr
    Wozen
    eddietran

Seeker:

Mitaya
    Patrialt
    SeekinBooty

Mystic:

Amancay
    iAetus
    Kaley

i might have missed a few b:surrender but i think this is the best of the best not just geared but skilled too and not just in PVP,talking about TW and PVE aswell :) b:victory b:cool

You're all great players.glad ive had the chance to play with some of u, teamed up or against :) very fun b:pleased

archer= feone cant forget that cat!!!
  • $now - Dreamweaver
    $now - Dreamweaver Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jus curious; how can you post yourself as one of the "best" mr shiney fistsb:laugh Further-more, everyone has bad days and dies to peeps that they could quite easily 1-2 hit had their head been on straight. And that's ladies n gents (and lady gents *looks at jami* b:pleased) is the comment from the peanut galleryb:bye
    -disclaimer-
    This message was not intended to insult the great fist-o-shinies; merely to ponder on how some see's themself as a best (would seem alot better if someone else said it about you ;D kthxbai)
    edited June 2011
    Options
    jus curious; how can you post yourself as one of the "best" mr shiney fistsb:laugh Further-more, everyone has bad days and dies to peeps that they could quite easily 1-2 hit had their head been on straight. And that's ladies n gents (and lady gents *looks at jami* b:pleased) is the comment from the peanut galleryb:bye
    -disclaimer-
    This message was not intended to insult the great fist-o-shinies; merely to ponder on how some see's themself as a best (would seem alot better if someone else said it about you ;D kthxbai)

he said not just skilled in PVP but also pve and tw REEEEAADDDD $now :P
    edited June 2011
    Options
    -disclaimer-

lol i was mentioned in the other top 52 list b:surrender
  • Glycerin - Dreamweaver
    Glycerin - Dreamweaver Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Wow. I know I was told I was good at my class by Alaxan.. but never thought I'd see it posted on the forums.
  • Decus - Dreamweaver
    Decus - Dreamweaver Posts: 5,033 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol i was mentioned in the other top 52 list b:surrender

b:angry I was too but where is my loser name on this list? D:<
    Proving that not only archers do math since 2009. b:victory
    Current math challenge: pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1029711&page=45
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Any skills that can be used to kill you will interrupt BB when successful." -truekossy | "...Sage archers are kind of like Mac owners. They are proud of the weirdest and most unnecessary things." -Aesthor | "We ALL know Jesus doesn't play PWI. He may have suffered a lot for humanity, but he'd NEVER punish himself this way." -Abstractive | "I approve of bananas." -SashaGray
  • Baalbak - Dreamweaver
    Baalbak - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,624 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    fine with me b:dirty

I'm game for 6x npc gear duel. no hp pots, no genies, no apoth, no tomes, no blessings. just the basic class skills only, mana pots permissible.

oh and.. chi starts at 0.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Retired..
  • Azzazin - Dreamweaver
    Azzazin - Dreamweaver Posts: 502 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    This list looks pretty legit to me. I pk on a semi-regular basis, TW, 'get around' so to speak. Most of the people on this list have generally 'good' to 'incredibly good' gear, but are also what I would consider 'proficient' to 'highly skilled' at their class.

Obviously a great deal of thought was put into this list.

Friend's list? There are a quite a few InTandem people on here, but its an undeniable fact that many IT people are very well geared & know how to play their class. Don't make me laugh, there are definitely enough Regen, EQ, :3, Dynasty and non-faction people on here who I know for a fact do not like Zero or most of the InTandem crowd. Zero knows I don't particularly care for him or his gang, but I'm on this list. I have fought against, squadded with, met, or heard about nearly everybody on this list. I do play regularly and have been around for... well a long time relative to most people, and I vouch that this list is a pretty good representation of truth.

That being said, I have to make a few nitpicky points.

-Angel$A hasn't been around for at least a month, unless somebody can tell me otherwise, so not currently active
    -Olee hasn't actually had a full gear set equipped for a very long time, so I suspect its being used by somebody else. Least, I always see 'im dead in OT with half gear on lol.
    -Raiden_ may have quit... or at the very least, is not active that I'm aware
    -dynasty wiz with name starting 'K' belongs on this list... Keiko? not quite. Very hard to kill opponent in tw
    EDIT: Looked back in thread... name is Kokkin. Heh folks, I can attest to this player's skill lol. Satchiko & Kokkin are probably 25% of the reason Dynasty is as strong as they are, IJS.
    -hate to say it but Poetic may never be coming back, so he can't be listed as active. 'indefinite leave of absense' were his words
    -SeekinBooty = BaldwinBoy, IJS, fair to have same person on list twice under diff char? (same gear even) Undeniably well skilled though, both characters lol.

And in general... (I'm really bad with names so don't ask me to pull em out of the hat), but this list is EQ/Regen/IT heavy. There are some well-geared & talented players in Dynasty, Spades, and even :3 who are under-represented here, I think. Still, this list is a pretty good approximation.

Also re: 'best player is the one you turn to for help', allow me to say a few words ;D

1) Dsholder: love him, hate him, or don't really care? I will say this, in PVE he is extremely skilled at tanking. For me, he is a very trustworthy and dependable friend. Glad to see his name here. Keep workin on your gear & level 100 skills bud!
    2) I help people... if they pay! I work full time IRL, but I do occasional duo FC runs, which word has it are THE best on DW... contact me in game for more details ;D

Cheers,

Azzazin
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Setting of the twilight moon; a late evening rendezvous from atop the
    city's lonely heights. With the dawn the city below springs into bustling
    activity, and I don my morning apparel. From on high, I watch the world.
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    I know for a fact that some of the names listed here are shared accounts, meaning more than 1 person has played that character.

Funny to watch people debate over who has skill when they don't even know who is controlling the character in question.
  • XCurse - Dreamweaver
    XCurse - Dreamweaver Posts: 87 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    so many names on the list not active , including my sin and archer b:chuckle.
    my archer last show up was 2-3 months ago and sin only active during 2x b:laugh.
    can't say anything about xCurse b:dirty
  • Graviora - Dreamweaver
    Graviora - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,073 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Options
    Sexy avatar, Jami b:dirty Can I marry it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver
    XxArchmagexX - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Wtf akainu better than Zerathul???? Fix that bro b:thanks
  • G_tar_God - Dreamweaver
    G_tar_God - Dreamweaver Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    QQ where's the love for the aussie archer!

Lol not to mention my seeker \Legend/, one of the best goin around!
    G_tar_God ~ 104
    Aussie represent for PWI

"Life without music would be a mistake..." [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Olee - Dreamweaver
    Olee - Dreamweaver Posts: 185 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hi,IAmOlee
  • BloodyOne - Dreamweaver
    BloodyOne - Dreamweaver Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    that wasnt a post count message o_o
    b:shocked no signature
  • Divine_Death - Dreamweaver
    Divine_Death - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,491 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    Hi,IAmOlee

Noob.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Closing this for excess letter Q's" - hawk
  • IAetius - Dreamweaver
    IAetius - Dreamweaver Posts: 197 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    It's a popularity list... so dont worry about this thread and keep getting better ^^

So, you pick 52 friends, rate them (to see which is the best in your opinion) and distribute them by classes and you'll have the 52 best players in your server ^^

The others don't count since you never heard of them b:chuckle

Btw, i think everyone should make a thread with the 52 best players on DW server.. i bet it would be funny hehehe

I barely know Zero but I'm on the list o.o I TW against him every now and again that's about it. I thought it was going to be that at first but I see a lot of names on there that I know and respect. Most of them old time players.

I actually like the list and agree with it so far. If I think of someone who should be on I'll give a shout. (I'm too sleepy atm to think)

EDIT: Just thought of some! G_tar_God is a great archer and Blk_Knight is an amazing wizzy. They are both skilled in PvE and when it comes to TW and PvP. =)
    TY for my shiney new R9 PWE b:chuckle

iAetius - Sage- Mystic-
    edited August 2011
    Options
    BlkKnight is there D: , G is a good archer too ^^ forgot him xD.

@ ArchMage Zeratul wasnt playing when i made that list :P
  • Atton - Dreamweaver
    Atton - Dreamweaver Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this is based on gear and skill I assume?
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    Options
    this is based on gear and skill I assume?

Just gear apparently, since that Dakuken guy hasn't been listed and he's beaten a good chunk of those people in PvP o.o