New Way to Punish a Faction for Fake Bidding

FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary
FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary Posts: 44 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Suggestion Box
Recently a lot of leaders have been getting banned for fake bidding. What I thought about instead of banning them for days/weeks. Why not take the TW money away?

Hit the leaders where it will hurt most. The money the members earn from doing TW.

How it would work

First fake bid-1 week without any money from land

Second fake bid-2 weeks without an money

Third Bid-3 weeks

etc etc
Post edited by FoxMeXCore - Sanctuary on

Comments

• _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The problem with this is (this example happend on Lost City) some fake bidding happens without the knowledge of the leader. A officer of a known guild on Lost City bid on there own land without warning to the Leader. How can you punish the guild/leader when they had no idea?
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ObviousAlt - Raging Tide
    ObviousAlt - Raging Tide Posts: 655 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    this idea is punishing the whole guild.. not just the leader..
    good idea imo
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City The problem with this is (this example happend on Lost City) some fake bidding happens without the knowledge of the leader. A officer of a known guild on Lost City bid on there own land without warning to the Leader. How can you punish the guild/leader when they had no idea?

then the officer would get punished by the leader for costing them a weeks worth of tw money
    102 Celestial Demon Archer (2nd Rebirth 102)
    101 Celestial Sage Blademaster (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Sin (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Seeker (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Wiz (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Cleric (Rebirth 100)
    101 Sage Barb (Rebirth 100)
    101 Demon Duskblade (2nd Rebirth 101)
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Eh, i understand punishing the leader. But the majority of the guild had nothing to do with it. But whatever works. It would never get implemented anyways.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • Boots_Elf - Sanctuary
    Boots_Elf - Sanctuary Posts: 171 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I thought only the leader could bid??? So how would another officer be able to do it with out Leaders knowledge? Plus that officer would have to have access to the guild bank or use his own money...
  • HoneyPott - Archosaur
    HoneyPott - Archosaur Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I thought only the leader could bid??? So how would another officer be able to do it with out Leaders knowledge? Plus that officer would have to have access to the guild bank or use his own money...

You are correct when saying only the Leader can bid, but in cases of fake bidding, an Officer or another member of the faction which makes the fake bid would have an alt as Leader of another faction, and bids on the main's faction's land using the other faction, led by the alt.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The problem with this is (this example happend on Lost City) some fake bidding happens without the knowledge of the leader. A officer of a known guild on Lost City bid on there own land without warning to the Leader. How can you punish the guild/leader when they had no idea?

I believe the flaw in that is that there is no way to prove a leader "did not know" or "did know", once a guild has made a fake bid and acknowledged for it, those involved need to be punished.

I agree it seems unfair, but in cases which it can't be proven - what can you do. There needs to be exemplary actions as well. Once one leader "gets away" for not knowing, hell, anyone can claim that.

OP - Regardless, I think it is actually a good idea. Clearly the actions PWE has taken so far to stop fake bidding has not been successful. While it hurts the whole faction, it is far better than banning the whole of it. Most factions that TW nowadays on all servers have rich enough members to handle a situation like this, and if they learn that their leader has cost them their pay, they could replace them.
  • RealVonDutch - Sanctuary
    RealVonDutch - Sanctuary Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just for your info,

I am very fed up with the fake bidding and such. But why punish a leader of the faction that received the fake bid? As it is now, when for example faction A is gettin "attacked" aka fake bid by faction B, faction B should be punished, not faction A. They cant help they are on the receiving end. figure of speech.

2nd of all, u really think money is an issue for the leaders? or the faction in general?
    I can only look at my leader, whom is awesome btw (love ya mecy in a non sexual way :P), but she wouldnt notice if she wouldnt get paid. The ammount of money they have is insane and TW pay is not noticable.

It could be me, but the problem is not the punishment, but the judgement...
    I believe the flaw in that is that there is no way to prove a leader "did not know" or "did know", once a guild has made a fake bid and acknowledged for it, those involved need to be punished.

I agree it seems unfair, but in cases which it can't be proven - what can you do. There needs to be exemplary actions as well. Once one leader "gets away" for not knowing, hell, anyone can claim that.

OP - Regardless, I think it is actually a good idea. Clearly the actions PWE has taken so far to stop fake bidding has not been successful. While it hurts the whole faction, it is far better than banning the whole of it. Most factions that TW nowadays on all servers have rich enough members to handle a situation like this, and if they learn that their leader has cost them their pay, they could replace them.

so you guys introduce a kick leader button?
    Or should we all leave faction and start a new one like happend before...
    Sins are Scissors, Psychics are Rocks, and Archers, Venos, Barbs, Wizards, BMs, Mystics, Seekers are Paper ...and Clerics are Mushrooms.

Paper beats Rock. Scissors beats Paper. Scissors also happens to beat Rock ...until Rock gets 50k+ soulforce at which point Rock becomes an unstoppable killing machine that beats Paper... and would beat Scissors but it can't find Scissors, because Scissors are invisible.
    So Scissors beat Paper and avoids Rock, and that is called BALANCE.
  • Sirrobert - Dreamweaver
    Sirrobert - Dreamweaver Posts: 3,395 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Just for your info,

I am very fed up with the fake bidding and such. But why punish a leader of the faction that received the fake bid? As it is now, when for example faction A is gettin "attacked" aka fake bid by faction B, faction B should be punished, not faction A. They cant help they are on the receiving end. figure of speech.

2nd of all, u really think money is an issue for the leaders? or the faction in general?
    I can only look at my leader, whom is awesome btw (love ya mecy in a non sexual way :P), but she wouldnt notice if she wouldnt get paid. The ammount of money they have is insane and TW pay is not noticable.

It could be me, but the problem is not the punishment, but the judgement...

so you guys introduce a kick leader button?
    Or should we all leave faction and start a new one like happend before...

If you don't know what a fake bid is, don't comment.

In a fake bid, faction A makes faction B (weak nameles faction) bid on faction A, so that faction C,D, and E can't get all 3 attacks at the same day, and thus allowing facition A to fight of all attacks.
    This takes away one of the only ways a server has to defeat the powerhouse, which is ganking (aka, stratagy)
    9 out of 10 voices in my head say I'm not crazy... the 10th is singing the music of tetris