Only one way to 3.33

S_Swipe - Sanctuary
S_Swipe - Sanctuary Posts: 119 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Assassin
Was wondering if there is only one way to get 3.33 aps or is there more than one way to gear your sin to get it?
Post edited by S_Swipe - Sanctuary on

Comments

• truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Depends on your culti and weapon type, for the most part.

But yes, there is more than one way since sage (no interval bonus from spark) combined with all the interval gears available right now gets you 4.0 (0.05 above 3.33)
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    truekossy wrote: »
    Depends on your culti and weapon type, for the most part.

But yes, there is more than one way since sage (no interval bonus from spark) combined with all the interval gears available right now gets you 4.0 (0.05 above 3.33)

Going to go demon just for the spark of course. Was just asking since I have only seen one aps gear build being passed around.
  • truekossy
    edited June 2011
    Yeah. Most aim to use the cheapest build possible for high APS:

http://pwcalc.com/caae1b2dfa6706e8 + Fists with -0.1 is a base of 3.33. With -0.05 on daggers, it's a base of 2.5 From there, most would go for something like: http://pwcalc.com/889bd99278727d36 (Nirvana legs, so 2.5 with R8 daggers, 2.86 with -0.05 daggers, or 3.33 with -0.1 daggers). At this point, you'd be 4.0 with aforementioned fists. Then they'd aim for the daggers and 3.33 base. The last thing they'd go for (if at all) is a -int tome for 4.0 base (or 5.0 base with fists) since it's the most expensive option.

So to be a bit less confusing.... if you consider a -interval tome as something you can attain, then you have options when it comes to 3.33 base with daggers. If not, then you pretty much only have one set of gear you can use unless you intend to equip fists.
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Ty truekoss :D
  • Shulky - Heavens Tear
    Shulky - Heavens Tear Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I highly recommend NOT using fists.

One: You have to stat for a lot more strength in order to use it, and seeing as sins are based off dex due to dex influencing daggers, if you plan to use fists ...roll a bm. Fists aren't meant to be for sins. Daggers are. Daggers > Fists.

Yes you can get the aps from it if you are not patient. I, in the end, will be a 5.0 Sage Sin ...with daggers.

All int gear + genie skill can = 5.0 sage sin. But anywho, it takes a while to get all the int gear but to me, waiting to get the int gear is better vs stating yourself and **** up the sin build just to get an extra -.05 is a little silly.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • truekossy
    edited June 2011
    I highly recommend NOT using fists.

One: You have to stat for a lot more strength in order to use it, and seeing as sins are based off dex due to dex influencing daggers, if you plan to use fists ...roll a bm. Fists aren't meant to be for sins. Daggers are. Daggers > Fists.

Yes you can get the aps from it if you are not patient. I, in the end, will be a 5.0 Sage Sin ...with daggers.

All int gear + genie skill can = 5.0 sage sin. But anywho, it takes a while to get all the int gear but to me, waiting to get the int gear is better vs stating yourself and **** up the sin build just to get an extra -.05 is a little silly.

I agree with the advice not to use fists, however.... I'd much rather be a 4.0 sage sin (or even 2.86 if I was using r9 daggers) than 5.0. At 2.86, you can perma with chi skills and at 4.0, you can perma and, use your genie with a bit more flexibility than nerfing your spark (wind shield) or only having 5 occasionally (Relentless)
  • Shulky - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    I will be a 4.0 base sage sin. Yes. I won't be using fist. And if I was as lucky as to be able to get r9 I'd hop on that train in a heart beat b:chuckle

I use relentless because it doesn't nerf the spark (otherwise why spark?) It's true it is only occasionally, however, in the world of the APS craze, if you don't have APS you aren't welcome in random squads -- so if it means I have to say "I can reach 5.0 APS" to get in, then that is what I will do. Honestly, 4.0 is pretty fast to me :P Heck, I am loving 2.5. Many people say sage is bad cause you can only get 4.0, but that isn't true. Technically, you can hit 5.0. Just not as often as demons. Which is why I mention it because many people when I ask them why they went demon it was:
    "APS" they never say "after looking at the skills and weighing my options, i went with demon for HH and aps" Demon HH is nice, least I think so, but no, they only go to be a 5.0 sin. That's why I mention that I can still be 5.0 and it throws them in a bit of a loop b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fists can work but for them to be effective you already need most of the -int gear then using chill is where that build start to shine (staying 5.0 even with chill on). I know several sins that use claws to be able to solo things for coin as they build up their sins to a dagger build.

You can always opt to be demon at first for the boost of attack speed and after you have a good portion of gear you can always finish your celestial demon quest and then switch to celestial sage (at a cost but it's not a crazy one).
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Shulky - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    You can always opt to be demon at first for the boost of attack speed and after you have a good portion of gear you can always finish your celestial demon quest and then switch to celestial sage (at a cost but it's not a crazy one).
    That's true. You could switch if you wanted. Though, if you plan to switch, don't buy skills otherwise you have to rebuy them over again. All skills get booted back down to 10 I believe.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • S_Swipe - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    A lot i didnt know as far as aps sin :o. Like i said ive only ever seen on build and that was a 3.33 demon spark sin -> 5 aps build. Got the sin up to 78 so far and trying to figure out the best way to do it. Seeing how gold is so high more than likely going to get an inv. tome this weekend, have the lunar cape already thankfully.