Why is pk arena deactivated?

Maxxxson - Dreamweaver
Maxxxson - Dreamweaver Posts: 54 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
I've been trying to think of a reason to not have it activated, but i honestly can't think of one. Since it was working during closed beta of PWI, it dont understand why you had to close it. It would bring so much more joy to pking and keep both old and new players entertained b:surprised
Here's a video of the place, not the greatest one to show what it's about but still better than nothing :p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VqlhHgMUEZw&feature=related
Post edited by Maxxxson - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I have also wondered why it was never enabled, it seemed like it would be a good place to practise squad pvp, especially from that video ^^.

I know you can practise pvp anywhere but the arena seems like it would be better as its more condensed and built for pvp, stuff to build chi, good safe zone to watch everything if you are not quite ready to pk but wanna watch to learn...

I want it b:sad
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear
    PayUpSucka - Heavens Tear Posts: 196 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Go Pk In Room 1 Of Cube Or In Secret Passage.....that's Is So Pr0 !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • SylenThunder - Twilight Temple
    edited June 2011
    It's been bugged since Beta. They haven't ever fixed it. They thought they did once and re-activated it, then realized that it was still screwed up and shut it down again. I doubt we will ever see it which is really sad.

Same goes for the Monthly dungeon race and a few other things.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Zoe - Heavens Tear
    Zoe - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,814 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's been bugged since Beta. They haven't ever fixed it. They thought they did once and re-activated it, then realized that it was still screwed up and shut it down again. I doubt we will ever see it which is really sad.

Same goes for the Monthly dungeon race and a few other things.

I see it more as:

"If we enable the arena, less people will buy guardian scrolls, charms and stuff to bind their gear with."

It would take away from cash shop sales, we all know they would never allow that to happen.
    Main characters
    Celestial Sage Venomancer Zoe - 100
    Sage Barbarian Malego - 91
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    It's been bugged since Beta. They haven't ever fixed it.

It has never been bugged. Every other region and private server have always used it just fine.
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i noticed the horn during that video showed up only in the horn channel and not in the regular chat video. b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Look at the rewards these instances gave. Now look at the only way You can receive them with the instances shut down. The answer is very simple as to why they don't work. Packs
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    This is the kind of thing fac bases need to have o.o flight enabled pk arena
  • TrueDMG - Sanctuary
    TrueDMG - Sanctuary Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Waiting for answer from GM if there are chances to get this enabled again *bump*
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cos PWE doesnt know how to run its compny unless instant profit is involved. This would not mean instant profit, therefore it is not worth time.
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cos PWE doesnt know how to run its compny unless instant profit is involved. This would not mean instant profit, therefore it is not worth time.
    For sure. They are so greedy. And things which make no profit are worthless to them. Every step what they ever did, was just for profit immediately or in future.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Go Pk In Room 1 Of Cube Or In Secret Passage.....that's Is So Pr0 !

You would know, as you've been banned countless times due to this. b:victory
  • Coraline - Lost City
    Coraline - Lost City Posts: 867 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Look at the rewards these instances gave. Now look at the only way You can receive them with the instances shut down. The answer is very simple as to why they don't work. Packs

What rewards?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

eatswithspoons "*roll eyes* real money for virtual property? That's definitely not allowed"

Lol what?
  • Chadric - Heavens Tear
    Chadric - Heavens Tear Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Warsoul head from arena if i believe... no f'ing wonder they shut it down. they dont' want you getting ANYTHING free in this if they can help it...
  • ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver
    ViciousMinx - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yep Warsoul helms an Wings of Cloud Charger capes among other goodies. The cape being from the monthly dungeon race another person mentioned. Check out pwi data base for what used to reward all the items they have in packs now.
  • TigerLily - Lost City
    TigerLily - Lost City Posts: 1,209 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Its not bugged, like most people say go check out any private server or other version of Perfect World and the arena runs just fine over there.

Only type of "event" the arena ever had was boxes with mirages/low grade gems and mobs randomly spawning once a week, so its not like you got rewards or loads of free stuff from it either. For some reason we aren't getting an instance where you can PvP without penalty in this version. I'm kinda curious why because i doubt they loose any money by opening it. Not like they make a massive amount of money from the few players that still uses GA over SL in open PvP. Most people play on PVE server to and by opening the Arena more players over there would have a reason to gear their chars towards PvP.

Its most likely closed because they haven't bothered pushing Chinese Devs to give them the right patch to open it. They might not even know it exists lol. Or something else was planned where the arena is and they never got around to create what ever instance it could be.
  • Cleon - Harshlands
    Cleon - Harshlands Posts: 240 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I sent a ticket few months back, their response was something like "We chose not to implement the Arena" but didn't tell my why.
  • Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary
    Hazumi_chan - Sanctuary Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I'd love to be able to use the arena :/ And seriously, lower lvls need a place to pk to people of their own lvl...
    I would love to host a 6vs6 and 3v3 pvp event for the faction I'm in once we're build up again. But I don't wanna force everyone into pk-mode.... >.<"
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide
    Sirsmokealot - Raging Tide Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    They wont reply to this thead they never seem to do so anymore there attitude is ignore it and it will go away and to an extent there right with all the new threads made daily questions get pushed to the bottom of the forum and Frankie parades around like there are no issues.

No questions are being anwsered we get fobbed of with we are working on it responces while I presume they sit in the office laughing at how dosile there community is if any other company treated there customers this bad they would not shop there anymore but we still cash shop as heavily if not heavier than before. The miantinance this week goes to show how much they care about there game and how unintrested they are in it right now.

It wont improve no matter how much we want it to they wont respond to your question and in a week Frankie will come back out with some unrelated question and pretend everything is fine people will laugh and joke wiith him and he will go away thinking he is doing his job.

I said it before and i'll say it again F2P games need to be regulated to prevent abuse like this Frankie either has his hands tied so bad he can not respond or just simply gave up on the people that put a roof over his head.

I presume Frankie works for PWI full time 35-40 hours per week being the community manager his job is to deal with issues and be the voice for his commuinity I would like to know what you are doing in your daily duties that makes you not respond to these threads do you do it out of ignorance, arrogance or just do you not care about us?
    02/07/2011 - Lost paitence with PWI sold all my gear bought packs and wasted my coin till it was gone... goodbye PWI b:bye
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Its not bugged, like most people say go check out any private server or other version of Perfect World and the arena runs just fine over there.

Only type of "event" the arena ever had was boxes with mirages/low grade gems and mobs randomly spawning once a week, so its not like you got rewards or loads of free stuff from it either. For some reason we aren't getting an instance where you can PvP without penalty in this version. I'm kinda curious why because i doubt they loose any money by opening it. Not like they make a massive amount of money from the few players that still uses GA over SL in open PvP. Most people play on PVE server to and by opening the Arena more players over there would have a reason to gear their chars towards PvP.

Its most likely closed because they haven't bothered pushing Chinese Devs to give them the right patch to open it. They might not even know it exists lol. Or something else was planned where the arena is and they never got around to create what ever instance it could be.

Shura Path is getting implemented bit by bit with each patch, and they are changing b01 map for it (which should be Archosaur Arena iirc). Also, some new textures have been added to the client, in the last 2 patches, which are shown in the new tournament arena >> http://w2i.178.com/list/101535600645.html (thanks @nimh88), which makes me wonder what are we actually getting now (new instance map or a revamped one b0x map). Oh and one more thing, the arena in the videos sometimes shows the balls of light, and they somehow reminds me of this >> http://janelh.wikidot.com/asura-road#toc3 So, we just need to wait and see I guess... b:surrender
  • maistertyler
    maistertyler Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    http://w2i.178.com/list/101535600645.html (thanks @nimh88),
    I knew that as a daily event (which cost gold to enter). Once inside you got an item. Killing other people gave you get their items. More items you had, more prizes you got. BTW reward was misterious chips :S. Was a daily event and you entered in South West near Village of the brute. (Look for a red circle in the map). Lights show in pics buffed you is some ways.

The Archo arena event was on weekend, and prizes were badges of strength or stm like that and low shards. people could kill freely everytime not only when event was happening
  • RunicKnight - Heavens Tear
    RunicKnight - Heavens Tear Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    http://w2i.178.com/list/101535600645.html (thanks @nimh88),
    I knew that as a daily event (which cost gold to enter). Once inside you got an item. Killing other people gave you get their items. More items you had, more prizes you got. BTW reward was misterious chips :S. Was a daily event and you entered in South West near Village of the brute. (Look for a red circle in the map). Lights show in pics buffed you is some ways.

So this is the Scarlet Gate/Shura Path on CN then? Shura should be a daily event yes (7:15 pm server time), but the quests say you have to kill both monsters and players and collect the drops.
  • Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Shura Path is getting implemented bit by bit with each patch, and they are changing b01 map for it (which should be Archosaur Arena iirc). Also, some new textures have been added to the client, in the last 2 patches, which are shown in the new tournament arena >> http://w2i.178.com/list/101535600645.html (thanks @nimh88), which makes me wonder what are we actually getting now (new instance map or a revamped one b0x map). Oh and one more thing, the arena in the videos sometimes shows the balls of light, and they somehow reminds me of this >> http://janelh.wikidot.com/asura-road#toc3 So, we just need to wait and see I guess... b:surrender

Umm... most likely NO.

Changes for PW-CN and other PWE run versions all make it into the same client. Just because things have been updated in the client files does not mean anything to us here.

In Japan, they've regularly used the Arena for years now. I'm not sure about CN, but those changes could have been requested by the GMs there.

It's possible they will open it here, but unlikely.
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i played in PWBR it was FULL of bugs so i came here to PWI,and i can say the arena was AWEOSOME!!
    factions on weekens used to stay there in the top of arena and send tele(costed like 100k ea = clean wc) calling other ppl to take them off there, then many ppl started gathering on safe area from arena and then CHAARGE .
    imagine a bunch of lvl 50-60 going against 6 hi lvls...the carnage...the offences...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD