Cross server/Country PvP Tournament

keripo
keripo Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Dawnglory (EU)
http://pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1111511&page=2
We will indeed be participating in this worldwide tourney, and we'll get you more details as soon as we can :)

In the meantime you'll have to settle for this to hype you up..

With GMs finally hinting at actually participating in cross-server/country PvP tournaments, how do you think things will play out in terms of team selection? I have a feeling that the chosen teams on this server at least will vary greatly depending on whether it will be bring-your-own-gear or use presets.

I personally have been looking forward to this for over 2 years b:nosebleed
(Hoping its preset gear, but if not, hoping for an invitation so I can FRAPS it)

~Keripo
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by keripo on

Comments

• Michael - Harshlands
    Michael - Harshlands Posts: 348 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Generally in a cash shop based game, you use your own gears so I wouldnt put too much faith in presets. Last game I played that used presets had like 4000 complaint posts on the forums because the presets werent what the average player on the server used

Which if I were to compare these presets from that game to PWI builds it would include things like all chars being vit or hybrid builds rather than pure, clerics using channel stones in weapons, barbs using acc stones, archers running with evasion necks (because its their expected gear according to the game designers) no 5aps chars (not a bad thing honestly but people would complain). I would admit presets would probably be more balanced to show off the skill of the competing players but you would then have massive arguements over which preset best defines each class as everyone has their own sharding, armor, weapon and build ideas
  • keripo
    edited June 2011
    Generally in a cash shop based game, you use your own gears so I wouldnt put too much faith in presets. Last game I played that used presets had like 4000 complaint posts on the forums because the presets werent what the average player on the server used

Which if I were to compare these presets from that game to PWI builds it would include things like all chars being vit or hybrid builds rather than pure, clerics using channel stones in weapons, barbs using acc stones, archers running with evasion necks (because its their expected gear according to the game designers) no 5aps chars (not a bad thing honestly but people would complain). I would admit presets would probably be more balanced to show off the skill of the competing players but you would then have massive arguements over which preset best defines each class as everyone has their own sharding, armor, weapon and build ideas

I was thinking more on the lines of preset budget, so statting and sharding is up to you, but gear is only limited to certain sets (e.g. all Nirvana recast, AA/LA/HA is up to you). Of course, I know that I'm just dreaming b:surrender

~Keripo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I want Catalyst go there to kick the but of every servers
    b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Player_two - Harshlands
    Player_two - Harshlands Posts: 135 Arc User
    edited June 2011

all i read here was micheal posted on forums..aosjfosaiudfnsda

i wonder how many people will be taken, if everyone will be able to watch, and what kind of setting, squads, and the like will be used. GOGO Pwi vent for everyone?
    b:shocked oh noes was walking and forgot to breath
  • Barbapapa - Harshlands
    Barbapapa - Harshlands Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If they don't use preset gears it will be a disaster tournement. I think certain versions of PW actually have a cap at 3.33 APS (which is good in my opinion), so it would already be unfair if we are allowed to use our gears as opposed to players on other servers that would have a hard time filling up a team of players with full R9 that is actually sharded and refined.

If they do allow people to play their own characters however, it could be a very meaningless tournement. The one thing they will have to consider is, will it be tournement/arena-style (which means Bramble works) or World PvP-style? Otherwise Lost City can just send a team of 6 105 Sins with +12 Advanced Zerk daggers. No point to actually hold the tournement, they will win. In fact, they would need to only send 1 of them. All he has to do is 2-spark/maze steps/ironguard, kill 1 enemy, force stealth, wait for cooldowns. A very interesting tournement that would be.

But let's wait and see what it turns out to be. We can hope for the best, but then again... do we still have hope for the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Burnout - Harshlands
    Burnout - Harshlands Posts: 2,585 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Dunno what would be the point of it. Lost City would win. You seen the amount of gears and R9 they have compared to the only other pvp server? All of the non-cash shopping scrubs moved to Harshlands.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I replied to the 7th topic on the 1st page of mystic forums, and got reported for necro. Plz save mystic forums.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Dunno what would be the point of it. Lost City would win. You seen the amount of gears and R9 they have compared to the only other pvp server? All of the non-cash shopping scrubs moved to Harshlands.
    If it's a TW fight, remember what happened to Catalyst vs Valhalla...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Crescendia - Harshlands
    Crescendia - Harshlands Posts: 805 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Would be cool if it was like a TW fight. but who would be part of the 80 to get to go inside the TW? b:shocked

lol someone go make that thread asking that question b:laugh
    Originally Posted by Curses - Harshlands

Sidenote: hilarious name for a boat: "Yeah Buoy".

b:laughb:laugh
  • zerk0s
    zerk0s Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    If they don't use preset gears it will be a disaster tournement. I think certain versions of PW actually have a cap at 3.33 APS (which is good in my opinion), so it would already be unfair if we are allowed to use our gears as opposed to players on other servers that would have a hard time filling up a team of players with full R9 that is actually sharded and refined.

If they do allow people to play their own characters however, it could be a very meaningless tournement. The one thing they will have to consider is, will it be tournement/arena-style (which means Bramble works) or World PvP-style? Otherwise Lost City can just send a team of 6 105 Sins with +12 Advanced Zerk daggers. No point to actually hold the tournement, they will win. In fact, they would need to only send 1 of them. All he has to do is 2-spark/maze steps/ironguard, kill 1 enemy, force stealth, wait for cooldowns. A very interesting tournement that would be.

But let's wait and see what it turns out to be. We can hope for the best, but then again... do we still have hope for the game?

Well the assassin thing, if the do so its like 1 kill per 2 min. its kinda low while archer and wizard can resist dmg and do bids or boa to kill several enemy's in seconds
  • zerk0s
    zerk0s Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    The fight would be more like random pvp with all server entering one large instance pk other server people. The thing to do would be like wich server can pick the most crystals or something while not geting killed by other people + it the rewards would be based on how much you do so the r9 csers would get everything. And the rewards would be like 2x drop, wraith attack and stuff like that.

Pritty pointless **** if you ask me
  • Eoria - Harshlands
    Eoria - Harshlands Posts: 6,118 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    So it's basically that daily Sundown Arena event we don't have only magnified to include all versions of the game?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"subtraction has the butt of an angel" - Paulrogers
    I <3 Subtraction.
    /blatant sig copy is blatant

105/105/105 obtained! b:cute
  • Mizuryu - Harshlands
    Mizuryu - Harshlands Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I can't wait!
    Also, my bad everyone, I didn't see this posted here before..o.o
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GhostDuck - Harshlands
    GhostDuck - Harshlands Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    zerk0s wrote: »
    The fight would be more like random pvp with all server entering one large instance pk other server people. The thing to do would be like wich server can pick the most crystals or something while not geting killed by other people + it the rewards would be based on how much you do so the r9 csers would get everything. And the rewards would be like 2x drop, wraith attack and stuff like that.

Pritty pointless **** if you ask me

I don't know where you are getting this but lets assume that is the format. How is everyone on different servers across the world going to magically teleport to some shared instance?

I would imagine they would set up a private server which you will log, create a char, all will be maxed gear and level, or some cap they choose, so everyone is on equal playing grounds. I don't see them taking the top cash shoppers on each server, duping their chars, and throw them in a pit.

I was hoping for more of a 1v1 tourney, 2v2 and a 6v6 format kind of like some of the existing private servers already do. Those are always fun. Double elimination for the events or something. But who knows what they come up with. If it's a real pvp tourney, why make people dig stuff etc,.
  • keripo
    edited June 2011
    The last cross-server tournament they had was 6v6, elimination style. Characters were duplicated onto a central private server. The functionality for this has been around for over a year, yet PWI has never bothered hosting one. How teams are selected, however, I do not know.

~Keripo
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]