Another aps thread

Options
Cenire - Sanctuary
Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
What if mobs/bosses at end game instances had high defense? That way magic DD classes would be in more demand? Does anyone think that would make a difference? b:surrender

Just a thought since they're obviously never going to set a limit on aps for certain classes.
Post edited by Cenire - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Elenacostel - Heavens Tear
    Elenacostel - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,822 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There is a boss in FB99 Abaddon that is immune to Physical Damage, and deals a lot of physical damage. This boss is needed for the Haunted Headless quest.

We killed it with a 5 a/s BM and myself (4 a/s at the time). I had Blazing Arrow and Death River Toxin. The BM had Death River Toxin. The veno in the party occasionally stole aggro (and thus died or almost died), but we eventually did kill it simply using fists and apothecary.

Raising physical resistance won't help the problem much.
  • Kookaburra - Lost City
    Kookaburra - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    do we seriously need another **** thread like this. if you have a suggestion on how to help fix APS post it in the SUGGESTION section instead of creating the 10000000000000th thread about this overly QQed about topic
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Given later bosses have immunity to max health and to amp damage, it seems they've gone the other way.

DPS, specificially through APS, appears to be the only viable endgame option.
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    the chinese version added phys immune bosses to Nirvana.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Cenire - Sanctuary
    Cenire - Sanctuary Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, maybe if they were to increase the physical defense?
    the chinese version added phys immune bosses to Nirvana.

Now that's going somewhere.

I also find it hilarious that people who don't like discussing this topic still use their time and effort to reply. b:chuckle
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Even with phys immune boss's the 5aps classes can still do damage, just not as much. Condensed Thorn on assassins does add water damage, or even just a simple wizard buff.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    What if mobs/bosses at end game instances had high defense? That way magic DD classes would be in more demand? Does anyone think that would make a difference? b:surrender

Just a thought since they're obviously never going to set a limit on aps for certain classes.

That would also devastate low APS phys DDs, as well as nerf venomancer pets.

Besides, with Apoths/elemental buffs, high APS players can get by even phys immune bosses without much trouble.
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    truekossy wrote: »
    That would also devastate low APS phys DDs, as well as nerf venomancer pets.

^ That lol. You think you have trouble finding squads now with low aps, if they change it, it will become impossible. Would you rather run with a couple 2.22 aps or lower or have all 4-5 aps since the boss's now take longer to kill?
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    its too late the damage and hurt to the game cannot be undone by the 5aps, must fix asap
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Need some like in lunar, kill at 25+ meters away. Throw that in the mix of an instance...

Use to be a boss in another game, was a bt insane, but he would go enraged, and people had to run back to max range while he was in this state, and DD, untill he came out of it, then rinse and repeat.

For most part PWI's endgame bosses really lack creativity to balance out the diversity of class abilities.
    re
  • Dellores - Dreamweaver
    Dellores - Dreamweaver Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Y'know how the Quillhog King brambles? I wanna see more of that :D Enable bramble dmg in pvp too while they're at it b:avoid
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    AoE reduced attack speed on bosses maybe?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • zizoun
    zizoun Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    AoE reduced attack speed on bosses maybe?

This.

Is the most simple solution you can have so ppl will want other classes than APS... Nobody damaged from it except pure APS chars.
  • StormHydra - Sanctuary
    StormHydra - Sanctuary Posts: 2,221 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    zizoun wrote: »
    This.

Is the most simple solution you can have so ppl will want other classes than APS... Nobody damaged from it except pure APS chars.

Only problem I see is that low APS classes (i.e. normal players) get damaged by this as well.
    But i think it will not nerf low APS if they make it a % based reduction.

50% reduction of 5aps would be 2.5APS. Thats -2.5 per sec.
    But a 50% reduction of 2APS would be 1aps...thats only a -1 reduction.

Obviously 5.0APS will be favoured because they worked hard for that but maybe mages wont be fully ignored anymore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    |Active: Coalescence - Lost City, Wizard|
    |Inactive: StormHydra - Sanctuary, Archer|
    |Call of Duty: Black Ops|League of Legends|Forsaken World|Perfect World International|The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim|
  • Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary
    Angel_Spawn - Sanctuary Posts: 3,034 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    zizoun wrote: »
    This.

NO, because look at sin chi gaining skills lol, then again ppl will QQ that it`s not fair + spark purifies all debuffs!
  • NOTREAL - Archosaur
    NOTREAL - Archosaur Posts: 194 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    NO, because look at sin chi gaining skills lol, then again ppl will QQ that it`s not fair + spark purifies all debuffs!

This lol.

Triple spark purify ftw.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Only problem I see is that low APS classes (i.e. normal players) get damaged by this as well.
    But i think it will not nerf low APS if they make it a % based reduction.

50% reduction of 5aps would be 2.5APS. Thats -2.5 per sec.
    But a 50% reduction of 2APS would be 1aps...thats only a -1 reduction.

Obviously 5.0APS will be favoured because they worked hard for that but maybe mages wont be fully ignored anymore.

Attack speed debuffs from anything is usually % based isn't it? still, if they could simply make it so that attack speed gets killed down to a specific number, say it lowers it to 2.0 and if your under that, then it doesn't lower it at all? or perhaps it could make a buff/debuff skill that raises/lowers any attack speed you have to 2, so even if you got 1aps, it's now 2 aps temp from the boss.

P.S I couldn't care if they "worked hard" for there aps, it should never of existed to begin with, it's game breaking.

Then have the boss spam the skill I suppose, so even if they did pury it, it would be back on a second later.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • BonVoyage - Archosaur
    BonVoyage - Archosaur Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The chinese devs have recently stated: "I not speak engrish, prease deriver QQ in chinese."
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    People should be rewarded for having good gear, let's keep that in mind. It's not fair that ranged casters are NOT rewarded as much for having good gear right now, and that's what people should seek to change, not punish claw users. I don't like having some debuff that takes everyone's APS down to a certain number. In that case, fist/claws would be useless and you might as well use harder hitting weapons like spear/sword/axe. Bramble is just stupid...why punish melee classes MORE?

What they can do is split bosses up into smaller parts. "Arm of Steelation, Face of Steelation, Buttstump of Steelation" etc...then other classes can use AOE to contribute significant damage.

Or have quests in the instances that can weaken the bosses significantly, so a quest runner of any class can run this quest alone while the main squad works their way to the bosses.

Whatever the case, APS doesn't have to be OP in PvE, because bosses don't have to be stationary, singular targets.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The chinese devs have recently stated: "I not speak engrish, prease deriver QQ in chinese."

That would be japanese, not chinese. Chinese would be switching all Rs for Ls

b:shutup
    Bramble is just stupid...why punish melee classes MORE?

Because they've been bullying ranged classes b:pleased JK
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Selvyn - Raging Tide
    Selvyn - Raging Tide Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The boss that I cant remember in 3-1 that you have to kill quickly otherwise it kills everything, when you first aggro that boss it gives you buffs (dunno if it still does i haven't been in 3-1 for a long time, or 3-2/3), what if some bosses had that too? Sort of like a clerics RB, lower APS to a set amount, like 3 or something (3 still pwns right?), that would balance things without nerfing lower aps ppl. Also raise Caster class damage and other general skills, that way its sort of beneficial to most, can't be purified because its technically a buff, and squads become more diverse, however the boss would also need some buffs too to make it a challenge still...just nothing that would make it impossible, maybe AOE soulburn on attack skills only (can still buff/heal).

Just a few suggestions anyways b:avoid
    Also Known as Wylo.
  • KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear
    KAZMOENEEK - Heavens Tear Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Nothing broke about aps.

so OH NANA OH NANA
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Need some like in lunar, kill at 25+ meters away. Throw that in the mix of an instance...

Use to be a boss in another game, was a bt insane, but he would go enraged, and people had to run back to max range while he was in this state, and DD, untill he came out of it, then rinse and repeat.

For most part PWI's endgame bosses really lack creativity to balance out the diversity of class abilities.

You haven't done steelation in 3-1/2/3 then. He gets 5 aps as well and you have to go ranged =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~
  • Aubree - Dreamweaver
    Aubree - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,868 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

3-3 steelation goes 5 aps, they just range it with bows.

Edit : Ninja'd
  • truekossy
    truekossy Posts: 7,021 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Alternatively, rib strike/purge it. XD
  • Lu$t - Sanctuary
    Lu$t - Sanctuary Posts: 1,005 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    3-3 steelation goes 5 aps, they just range it with bows.

Edit : Ninja'd

hehe ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero~