Most Useful Skills For A Veno's Genie?

Options
Simi_P - Dreamweaver
Simi_P - Dreamweaver Posts: 139 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Venomancer
Hi Everyone,

The title pretty much says it all. What skills do other venomancers find the most useful on their genies? I finally got a decent one; and now I'm stumped about what to put on it.
Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!b:thanks
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Simi_P - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• MoonlitMusic - Heavens Tear
    MoonlitMusic - Heavens Tear Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    i like Cloud eruption (for a free spark to pass to cleric or barb) Extreme Poison(to use in tandem with Amplify Damage) Holy Path(cause 15 m/s is fast and everyone will leave you in the dust if ya dun get it :P) Expell (to save your life in tricky situations) those are the ones i use :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]b:shocked
  • thumbs
    thumbs Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Earth Flame: All other methods of luring are painfully slow
    Holy Path: mostly for emergency, other classes have to use it to keep up
    Tangling Mire: Give Herc or melee's more aggro on bosses & combine w/Ironwood for ~95% pdef red
    Absolute Domain: Expel is for wizards. AD-> Feral Concentration -10s of god mode
    Cloud Eruption: Triple spark Nova for 1 hit kill 50+ mobs at a time
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    thumbs wrote: »
    Tangling Mire: Give Herc or melee's more aggro on bosses & combine w/Ironwood for ~95% pdef red
    Absolute Domain: Expel is for wizards. AD-> Feral Concentration -10s of god mode

I partially disagree here , while earth flame can be useful to lure mob and catch it with pet , most time it's better to replace it with a skill like extreme poison (stacks with amplify) or a healing skill like Second Wind or Tree of Protection.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Waiting for a zeal to recharge is painfully slow, and sometimes zeal luring is too risky.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
  • Vitenka - Dreamweaver
    Vitenka - Dreamweaver Posts: 4,125 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Earthflame is good for when you're too lazy to lure properly, and nothing else.
    That still makes it just about the only genie skill I ever actually use.

Second wind for healing.
    Earthquake for the interrupt (and I STILL need to get better at timing that)

The various -channel ones are nice too.

And the old standby of holy path.
  • Kariae - Heavens Tear
    Kariae - Heavens Tear Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

wondering if yoou've ever done a decent 79 for FF before lol the whole squad moves in holy path nearly the entire time xD
    yeah abs domain is good. if you have a spark by some chance to combine w/ feral. if you don't then all you get is what 4 seconds? hope someone regains aggro fast though b:surrender
  • zbzkda
    zbzkda Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My PK genie:

Second Wind
    Expel - 8 Second immunity against physical attacks.
    Holy Path (although I don't need it)
    Fortify (I can't learn Demon Summer Sprint at my level yet)
    Lightning Chaser

I intend to replace Lightning Chaser with Absolute Domain. I think that would be very pr0 :>

I'm almost shocked to see someone saying that "Expel is for wizards" when a sin can stunlock you really hard as often as he pleases and you can only use Feral Concentration once every 5 minutes with a 3 second channeling length. Probably plays on a PvE server where he can wait 5 minutes between duels, and always has full chi :O
    I seriously wonder: people who don't RPK, if you play the board game "Sorry!" and you roll the dice so that you land on an opponents piece and send it back to the beginning, do you sincerely apologize and ask everyone if you can have a do-over roll so you can give your victim another chance? It's a god damn game..

--LongKnife
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My PvE genie currently has:

Holy Path - For tight situations that I need to get out of. Usually just use my demon fox form though.
    Extreme Poison - Typically what I use when I use Amp.
    Cloud Eruption - For the spark :D
    Earthquake - Interrupting skills
    Bramble Rage - Fun skill when I love AoEing
    Second Wind - Instant Healing
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Thanks for all the replies; now I guess I have some decisions to make:D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Salasyn - Heavens Tear
    Salasyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I love luring with zeal since the waiting time is nearly nothing on my genie.

Tree of Protection
    Absolute Domain
    Extreme Poison
    Holy Path
    Second Wind(I personally hate this genie heal)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Desdi - Sanctuary
    Desdi - Sanctuary Posts: 8,680 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My genie is set up like this;

Holy Path
    Extreme Poison
    Tree of Protection
    Tangling Mire (for more debuff and because I'm Demon)
    Absolute Domain

I find ToP more useful than Second Wind. I believe Second Wind, being an "instant heal" is more suitable for really squishy classes such as Psychic, Wizard, Cleric when they steal aggro/get attacked etc.

Well, since your a Venomancer there's no point in having Zeal pull, really. I do understand that it's faster but if you need space for something else Zeal's initial skill shall be taken out. I did love Discipline's flying boost. I used it a lot but I dumped it for Absolute Domain >.<

Also, are you PvE only or do you PvP sometimes? There's a major difference there to what skills are useful for a Venomancer. I built my genie for support and debuffs.
    [SIGPIC]http://i.imgur.com/MtwcqjL.png[/SIGPIC]
    ★ Venomancer videos - tinyurl.com/k6ppkw4 ★ Desdi - Demon ♪ Wyvelin - Sage ★
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hi Desdi,

No, I'm straight PvE. LOL I think I may have dueled my IRL boyfriend once or twice; just to see what it was like; I don't like to PK and I'm not in a TW faction. Although; since my IRL boyfriend/in game hubby has hit level 100 ahead of me; we have been discussing joining a faction that does do TW's. He's more into that idea however than I am; probably because he's a guy. lol. Also, I went Sage; does that make a difference? Oh and my genie is a Zeal; but I really prefer pulling with my pet.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hi Desdi,

No, I'm straight PvE. LOL I think I may have dueled my IRL boyfriend once or twice; just to see what it was like; I don't like to PK and I'm not in a TW faction. Although; since my IRL boyfriend/in game hubby has hit level 100 ahead of me; we have been discussing joining a faction that does do TW's. He's more into that idea however than I am; probably because he's a guy. lol. Also, I went Sage; does that make a difference? Oh and my genie is a Zeal; but I really prefer pulling with my pet.

I'm pretty sure I saw you the other day on my other account in the game. Because I remember thinking that your SN must be from the Dark-Hunter series. b:chuckle

More on topic, a while back I read about some reply in a thread that said something like if you combo such and such veno skill with such and such genie skill then the veno ends up with something like 10 seconds of mobile invincibility but for the life of me I can't find that thread again. Anyone know what that was about?
  • Vedovis - Lost City
    Vedovis - Lost City Posts: 942 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I saw you the other day on my other account in the game. Because I remember thinking that your SN must be from the Dark-Hunter series. b:chuckle

More on topic, a while back I read about some reply in a thread that said something like if you combo such and such veno skill with such and such genie skill then the veno ends up with something like 10 seconds of mobile invincibility but for the life of me I can't find that thread again. Anyone know what that was about?

One of the lv79 veno skills, Feral Concentration, gives 10secs of immunity, and the cost of being self-stunned. So usually I combat the stun by using a Vacuity Powder, it prevents further stuns and you get 10 seconds of stun-free invincibility. Other venos use Demon Summer Sprint before casting Feral (I think it prevents you being stunned for 6s after casting, something like that.) Theres a few genie skills too which can be used to prevent the self-stun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

| Signature made by Fishy!~ | Semiretired |
  • Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear
    Phoenix_Eye - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,681 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

Absolute domain or any other apo items that make u imune to movement debuffs or demon summer Sprint + feral Concetration . woot Venos have god mode , take that sins xDb:dirty
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    <--- MALE Veno ..... Moved to G W 2 or maybe not completely , don't know ...... PW addiction
    {That TT xbow chain is one that describes someone's bowel movements after having too much spicy food. A loud **** (Thundercrack), then a burning sensation (Flash Fire), followed by an explosion of multi-colored poo-confetti (Blinding Radiance). Excellent...} By Quilue
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That is so epic. I need to catch up on buying my 79 skills!
  • Lythianaa - Dreamweaver
    Lythianaa - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,307 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    That is so epic. I need to catch up on buying my 79 skills!

I would do the same for Feral Concentration :[ But my genie has skills I don't want to give up so easily and I don't think I would PvP much to use it often anyways b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thank you so much ForsakenX for the sig b:cute
  • Simi_P - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Sorry; been kind of busy the last couple days with school:( But, yes Ink the name is from the Dark-Hunter series; I love my Simi as much as Ash does his:))

@Vedovis - So Feral Concentration & a Vacuity powder? I went Sage; so I don't have demon summer sprint. I do have sage summer sprint, though; it removes 'negative effects'. Wouldn't a stun count as a negative effect? I know it gets rid of like poison & stuff; I use it in BH 79 all the time:)

I guess I'll have to get that skill, too. lol It didn't sound very impressive back when I turned 79; and what with the other skills that have come my way recently, I kind of forgot about it.

Anyhow; thanks for that info!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    @Vedovis - So Feral Concentration & a Vacuity powder?

You're PvE, and Vacs are expensive. Just get Absolute Domain on your Genie: much cheaper! Veno doesn't need vacs for anything in PvE.
    I went Sage; so I don't have demon summer sprint. I do have sage summer sprint, though; it removes 'negative effects'. Wouldn't a stun count as a negative effect?

Can't cast a spell when stunned.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • BryFoo - Raging Tide
    BryFoo - Raging Tide Posts: 129 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I use the Genie Skill Fortify before using Feral. Invincible and you can move/cast spells.
    b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Morigan_ - Harshlands
    _Morigan_ - Harshlands Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Im using the following:

Genie: Discipline

Fortify -> stun prevent when using feral con (will be removed when i ve choosen smthng else, cause no longer needed thanks to demon summer sprint xD)

Extreme Poison -> 2nd amp skill, stacks with amplify damage (using both for 40% more dmg)
    Tree of Protection -> saved my *** more then once

Tangle Mire -> pdef reduce is always nice :)

Wind Shield -> reduce damage taken, in my case up to 20%

Imo Holy Path is not needed for demon venos, cause summer sprint and fox change makes you move faster then 10 m/s without cooldown and genie energy consumption, which can be used for some nice skills to heal or increase damage dealt.

Anyway im fail in pk b:surrender

regards