Things that bug you...

Options
WritersBlock - Sanctuary
WritersBlock - Sanctuary Posts: 96 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
...making a list ;p

1) Mystics/venos who send their summons/pets and stay in the sky attacking/sometimes bugging mobs. Mostly mystics because I KNOW their pets don't have the flying veno pet problems. Oh and then ksing and getting mad...get down on the ground then!

2) Being a cleric and having someone ask for buffs when I'm in the middle of fighting a mob, following me around till I give them, and sitting down next to me when I'm trying to regen mana because I don't have any left from giving them up...really people?

I love the buffs when I get them...but if I don't, meh.

3) People sending squad requests while I'm in the middle of fighting a mob. Ask before send invites please. I understand if it's a (mini)boss...but a regular mob, please leave me be or ask me if I want to squad first.

And if I don't, don't be a baby and call me a jerk for not wanting to squad with you. I'm probably not a good squad buddy if I join unwillingly just so you know :/

4) Killing a mob over a mat/herb while someone swoops in and takes it O.O

Feel free to add/agree/elaborate, whatever.
b:angry why isn't there a thumbs up smiley?!?!?!
Post edited by WritersBlock - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    things that bug me? stupid posts like this thread. and now you made me make a stupid needless post too so now i hate this thread even more. b:byeb:angry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    things that bug me? stupid posts like this thread. and now you made me make a stupid needless post too so now i hate this thread even more. b:byeb:angry

Hey! I was going say that!... Although wasn't going to say "stupid"

Well, you saved me the troubles b:pleased
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Knownase - Heavens Tear
    Knownase - Heavens Tear Posts: 6,959 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Things that bug me.....

...MMO players.

b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    b:flowerHave a Techno Rave Flower!b:flower

-Self-Proclaimed TW commentator of HT-
    -Certified Barbarian Master-
    -You gained +10 coolness points for viewing this signature-
    -Master of Coffee-
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    bugs...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Kookaburra - Lost City
    Kookaburra - Lost City Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Things that bug me.....

...MMO players.

b:avoid
    claw barbs
  • Bunella - Harshlands
    Bunella - Harshlands Posts: 138 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ...making a list ;p

1) Mystics/venos who send their summons/pets and stay in the sky attacking/sometimes bugging mobs. Mostly mystics because I KNOW their pets don't have the flying veno pet problems. Oh and then ksing and getting mad...get down on the ground then!

2) Being a cleric and having someone ask for buffs when I'm in the middle of fighting a mob, following me around till I give them, and sitting down next to me when I'm trying to regen mana because I don't have any left from giving them up...really people?

3) People sending squad requests while I'm in the middle of fighting a mob. Ask before send invites please. I understand if it's a (mini)boss...but a regular mob, please leave me be or ask me if I want to squad first.

And if I don't, don't be a baby and call me a jerk for not wanting to squad with you. I'm probably not a good squad buddy if I join unwillingly just so you know :/

4) Killing a mob over a mat/herb while someone swoops in and takes it O.O

Feel free to add/agree/elaborate, whatever.

Hi there :)
    I am wondering if my fighting from the air bugs you half as much as it bugs me to have bought a cash shop bird that gets stuck on every bump in the terrain? Why would my avoiding this glitch bother you?

You "qualified" it by saying that it is mostly mystics that bother you doing this, but still said it was venos also. Is it because you think I am Ks'ing you if I am in one spot grinding from the air, and you crowd in and my bird is faster? I have never knowingly stole someones kill but I won't stand on the ground to get the bird stuck because it may bother someone.

If you see me grinding from the air, either move over a couple of feet, or kill me, cuz I will probably be there awhile lol.

Have fun and dont sweat the small stuff :)
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

I completely ignore people who do this to me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Chickpea - Lost City
    Chickpea - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ...making a list ;p

If someone asks you for buffs you can always ask them for MP pots. They get buffs for 1 hour so its a fair trade, never meet anyone that said no.

There is also a function called blacklist and you can filter it by levels, that usually removes 99% of all annoying party invites and whispers since people bugging you are usually lower levels.

I have it set at level 90+ on all my chars, so no one below level 90 can bug me unless they're on friend list or in same faction. Its probably the best function in the game after auto path.

Other than that learn to ignore, pretend its mobs jumping around you asking for party or buffs. If you're gonna get annoyed every time you meet stupid or needy people in MMOs you will have a mental breakdown eventually.
  • _Marta_ - Dreamweaver
    _Marta_ - Dreamweaver Posts: 137 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    If someone asks you for buffs you can always ask them for MP pots. They get buffs for 1 hour so its a fair trade, never meet anyone that said no.
    There was once this scammer Barb who wanted to charge me 300k for buffs I was asking for!
    I won't say his name but trading stuffs for buffs is robbery.
    MP regenerates itself, money doesnt. Sry
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

~A flower blooming in space~
  • Mumintroll - Heavens Tear
    Mumintroll - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,393 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Greedy company like PWI. Too much is too much.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Furries - Dreamweaver
    Furries - Dreamweaver Posts: 966 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    mystics that ruin groupings with their gale force

oh look... i gathered all these mobs perfectly..b:kiss

oh look.... the mystic used an aoe and now they all run in random directions b:shocked

oh look.... half of them survived becuase they went out of range b:angry

NO. i don't give a damn how strong your aoes are, barbs don't use slam, archers don't use wingspan. MYSTICS DON'T USE GALE FORCE
    Killing level 80's with a lvl 60 is a lot more fun than killing level 90's with a level 100.
  • Yanami - Heavens Tear
    Yanami - Heavens Tear Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ~quote removed~
    ^Constant repeat posts by that fool is bugging me!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Ao - Raging Tide
    Ao - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'd vote for number 4.... Really annoying, sometimes they even stand and wait for you to attack the mob so they can take it, lol. b:shutup
  • HardnHeavy - Raging Tide
    HardnHeavy - Raging Tide Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Gold prices and the possibility that all levels can enter FC.
  • XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver
    XLeetSauce - Dreamweaver Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    people that QQ because i pk from stealth. even when (99%) of the time i dont win.

its a skill. its meant to be used like that. just like a BMs aoe stun and various other skills that are cheap as all get out. (AD any one?)

dealwithit.jpeg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I don't understand whats so hard for you to understand that i cant understand why you don't understand me.
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves in game is when someone asks for for help killing a boss. Just "boss". Not "I need Krixxix killed" or "I need Zimo killed" - then proceed to ignore people's questions as to which boss they want help with, and complaining no one is helping them.

PROTIP: Don't tell people you need help killing a boss, tell people which boss you need killed.
  • Nizari_ - Harshlands
    Nizari_ - Harshlands Posts: 62 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

I agree with Number three 200% also applies to faction invites. the other day I got like 20 invites from the same guy coz I keep saying no.

Must Confess didnt know to BL someone meant you dont get inv from them. Will be using it way more now. I thought it was to not see their chats. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ty Dorset for the siggy.
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    One of my biggest pet peeves in game is when someone asks for for help killing a boss. Just "boss". Not "I need Krixxix killed" or "I need Zimo killed" - then proceed to ignore people's questions as to which boss they want help with, and complaining no one is helping them.

PROTIP: Don't tell people you need help killing a boss, tell people which boss you need killed.

Shelly, can I please get help with killing Krixx? ;D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Shelly, can I please get help with killing Krixx? ;D

Well, since you asked so nicely b:cuteb:chuckle
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well, since you asked so nicely b:cuteb:chuckle

oo, what time shall I pick you up? b:pleased

*PSA* Remember kids, there is a aps sin on every corner, don't over do it. Give a shout and we pop outta no where. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Doqui - Raging Tide
    Doqui - Raging Tide Posts: 436 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Things that bug me?

a CM that is never here b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

*Lollipop Chainsaw Addict sinds 05-2012*
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    People QQ'ng everyday about the same things
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

OMG I hate this! Hate, hate, hate, hate it! I seriously feel like smacking someone for wasting my time when they do this. I see that and it's the only time I wish that I was on a pvp server.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ILubby - Raging Tide
    ILubby - Raging Tide Posts: 287 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Oh well this is old but:

1) Anyone who doesn't know how to play and keeps repeating the same mistake after I correct them
    2) "buff plz" + sq invite, I know I can ignore, but I can thank them for ruining my mood. Also when I'm on my mount and get asked for buffs, or when they ask for 1 hr buffs after I buff them with lvl 11 buff which has the same duration...srsly....
    3) Ungrateful people especially this new trend - xxxx leaves sq- without a word after I help them with something.

But yea as I said, this is pretty old and we all got used to it.
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    1. People that use local chat as a trade channel

2. People that ask for "offers" when buying/selling something. If you don't know what it's worth, how will you possibly know if an "offer" is too low?

3. Unable to turn off system messages relating to pack contents and the bidding hall (I don't care who just acquired what or how much someone had bid on an item... we should NOT be forced to see those messages... frankie just can't seem to understand this for some reason)

4. Spamming for any reason in local chat

5. People that can't spell out the words "anyone" or "someone". Instead, they use "ne1" or some1". Is it really that hard to type a few more letters?

6. (as a cleric) People that keep running away from you as you're trying to buff them.

7. Catshops that have the exact same item in both the buying and selling sections. Why the devs even programmed it like that, I'll never know.

8. The fact that there are bugs and glitches long overdue to be fixed but the devs refuse to do anything about them

9. Classes other than blademaster using fists or claws, regardless of level

10. Having a cash shop in the game (I know another popular mmo that don't have one and has been running for over 6 years, with a sequal on the way)

11. Most skills of all classes use too much mp to cast.

12. (forum) people that post the same suggestions over and over without bothering to search first

13. (forum) people that bump a suggestion thread in hopes that the devs implement it (but the devs never will). If it does anyway, it's because THEY chose to add/change it themselves, not from player demand. A lot of folks on this forum just can't seem to understand that at all.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    5. People that can't spell out the words "anyone" or "someone". Instead, they use "ne1" or some1". Is it really that hard to type a few more letters?

seconded. SMS-speak and 1337speak in general annoy me.
    7. Catshops that have the exact same item in both the buying and selling sections. Why the devs even programmed it like that, I'll never know.

um, whuh? i mean, that's one of the main enablers for one of the more important forms of merchanting... being able to both sell and buy something in the same spot on the map without having to open two separate catshops lets customers go to that spot on the map whenever they want to either sell or buy that one thing, while keeping the catshop count down a little. convenient for customers, saves connections on the servers, reduces map clutter.
    8. The fact that there are bugs and glitches long overdue to be fixed but the devs refuse to do anything about them

this has almost stopped bugging me now; my cynicism for the devs and the company management can't get very much deeper.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Purge - Raging Tide
    Purge - Raging Tide Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    There was once this scammer Barb who wanted to charge me 300k for buffs I was asking for!
    I won't say his name but trading stuffs for buffs is robbery.
    MP regenerates itself, money doesnt. Sry
    b:bye

On my cleric mana regen is no prob, so anyone asking for buffs can generally have them - provided I'm not in a hurry to be somewhere. But on barb, mana regen is so slow and the buffs along with shapeshifting to give them use up quite a bit. My usual response to being asked for buffs when on barb is "no mana"; then, if they offer me an MP pot or two I'll give the buffs, if not..no buffs. Of course, 300k for buffs or anything more than a pot or two is ridiculous.

And in response to someone a few posts back about people running away when you're trying to buff them...doesn't bother me...if they want to run away they obviously don't want the buffs!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

6. (as a cleric) People that keep running away from you as you're trying to buff them.

Ugh yes. I *hate* when I see something like "ne1," makes me want to smack the person and yell how lazy are you for killing the word in order to save typing 3 letters?? I have actually made it a habit to totally ignore people that speak in this way, so if they ask for help, no luck here.

And the cleric thing.... so many times, I wait for everyone to enter the BH before I do group buffs specifically so that I don't *have* to buff more than once, and what happens? Impatience happens. One or two people inevitably run off the minute I start buffing lol. Then I just give them single buffs even if they come running back to the group. Not wasting that much more mana just because they wanted to rush off.

As the OP stated, the mystic fighting from the air thing also annoys me. Veno, I understand, because we have to level our pets, and air mobs can just be downright annoying sometimes. So as long as the veno leaves me alone and doesn't ks, whatever... at least they have an excuse. Mystics have no reason to fight from the air. Their pets do not get stuck in the terrain if they are on land because they are all-terrain pets. Are they just scared of facing the land mobs on their own, so they have to hide up in the sky because they are fail and let their pets die all the time? I don't know. But if you are grinding and suddenly a mystic pet attacks your mob, it is downright irritating. And it is hard to be careful about ksing when you don't know what that mystic pet will go after (hard to watch yourself on the ground and a person in the sky).

Having a BH100 that costs 500k just to run annoys me.

Being on a PvE server with a quest needed for spiritual cultivation requiring me to go into a forced-pk enabled zone annoys me. The people that camp in there and keep me from completing that quest annoy me further.

The fact that people freak out when pack sales go on for too long, and then freak out when the pack sales are over that token prices are too high. You can't have both...

I'm sure there are more things. But all in all, it is an enjoyable game or I would not keep logging in. b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Things that bug me? See my signature for that. Also, skipping maintenance while adding in random pointless sales, extending a sale without telling us, and using the skipped maintenance to get out of a promise to fix a certain chat spam issue.