Building up my new computer - Would this be enough for PW?

Yamiino - Heavens Tear
Yamiino - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,031 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Support Desk
Hello!

Well, since most gamers know about graphic cards and computer specs to run games on max settings I'm going to ask here :D hope anyone can settle this down for me :3

Basically right now I have a Compaq Presario C700 Notebook with Windows Vista, Intel Cereon 550 @ 2.00 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 32 bits, with integrated Mobile Intel 965 Express Chipset Family Version 7.15.10.1666

Burned my brain to get all that information >,>

Anyway, this notebook can run PWI at really low specs and I seriously lag when I visit zones where many characters are located (lets say, Arch or events). So I have to turn the view proxies down to the point I can only see people within 5 mts of me, which is REALLY lame.

We all know Vista is part of the issue for taking a lot of ram, some times it takes over 1 GB... of my 2 available Q_Q

So! I am saving up, to get a new computer, will be able to get it next week (been saving for a while from here and there lol), so the husband of my sist helped me to get the pieces I'd need to run a game like this way waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better on max specs.

It's kinda expensive for me, so it better be something good (thinking I'm getting a 24" widescreen monitor hehehe would get the 27" one like what the iMac has, but the prices went way higher so I'll stick to 24" ^^)

These are the specs:

- CORE I5-2500K S-1155 3.3 GHZ 6MB 4 CORES (IPI)
- MB-INTEL ATX H67BL S-1155 C/A/R DDR3 1333/1066 I5,I7 (IPI)
- 8 GB RAM ( may be able to get it to 16 GB later on )
- PCIE GEFORCE GTX550 1GB/192BIT DDR5 HDMI-D-DVI
- Windows 7 64 Bit

Would this be able to run games like this one or better ones on high specs with no lag? - This is my main issue... and I want to get rid of it >=o I may be able to get a better graphic card later on, which one would you recommend with these specs? if this one can't do it? :P

Thanks~ :D
WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
Post edited by Yamiino - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Yeah it'll run it, and you may even be able to max the graphics settings on the client. As far as lag goes, that's going to depend more on your internet connection, (and routers that are between you and PWI). and processes that you have running in the background on that system. You'll still get lag in west arch though I bet. Just too much **** to load there.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Yeah it'll run it, and you may even be able to max the graphics settings on the client. As far as lag goes, that's going to depend more on your internet connection, (and routers that are between you and PWI). and processes that you have running in the background on that system. You'll still get lag in west arch though I bet. Just too much **** to load there.

Thanks for the fast reply :D

Hummm my connection is 4 MBPS I don't really have net lag more like "computer frame by frame" kind of anoying (I call that as well lag for some reason lol).

Guess even the best computer would lag in arch then haha unless its like a really pro-pro gamer $4,000 worth computer, but I don't have that budget right now :D so that's not for me u.u sadly.

The graphic card would be the best recommended for these computer specs? I've been told that the 560 is better and its price is not that much of a difference. But I'd like to know if there's something around $50 - $80 USD more for a better graphic card atm that would fit my needs.

Prices drop down every month / couple of months, I know that because of the new technology being released, but I want something that would give me the maximum performance of these kind of games (B&S, G.W2, etc.)
    WTB> -12% channeling BELT or RING pm me with link or mail me ingame HT server, ty.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Improving the graphics card beyond what you have listed isn't going to make a difference to PW. The client's main failure is that the engine is well over 5 years old and does not support multi-core processors or multi-threading.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Improving the graphics card beyond what you have listed isn't going to make a difference to PW. The client's main failure is that the engine is well over 5 years old and does not support multi-core processors or multi-threading.

So basically the specs of the computer I have posted do bypass the maximum requirements PW would ever need? xD

I know PW is not like the ultimate-graphics God, but it does kill most online games out in the market (thinking of weather, maps, water effects, character customizations, fog effects, fire effects, etc. etc.)

So what you're saying even the best computer would lag because this game is using old programming / software / whatever else? xP
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Yeah basically. On an Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 Processor running at 2.4GHz with 4GB of ram and a 1GB GTX460 it runs great out in the world in 1920x1080 with an average FPS of 40-50. Hit West Archosaur and it lags down to 18-25fps.
    That's on a 6MB down connection, with a ping to the server of around 118ms. So it's not the connection causing the lag, the card handles wonderfully in the rest of the world, and if the client used more than one processor, the CPU would be able to load all the added data.

Also, I am able to play games like Blur, Oblivion, Witcher, and Dragon Age with the graphics nearly full tilt without issue. So I know it's for sure not a limitation of my system. LOL

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Yeah basically. On an Intel Core 2 Duo Q6600 Processor running at 2.4GHz with 4GB of ram and a 1GB GTX460 it runs great out in the world in 1920x1080 with an average FPS of 40-50. Hit West Archosaur and it lags down to 18-25fps.
    That's on a 6MB down connection, with a ping to the server of around 118ms. So it's not the connection causing the lag, the card handles wonderfully in the rest of the world, and if the client used more than one processor, the CPU would be able to load all the added data.

Also, I am able to play games like Blur, Oblivion, Witcher, and Dragon Age with the graphics nearly full tilt without issue. So I know it's for sure not a limitation of my system. LOL

:O they should modify the client, but that may take some time XD or most likely they'd not be able to do it since the devs are not from PWI.

I want it to be wednesday already!! to get the last $200 I need for my 24" wide screen XD

Thanks a lot for the help, now I know it's impossible for PWI to not lag in crowed areas, just wonder if I could be able to TW without really low FPS... hmmmm
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, you should be able to TW just fine. Also, it's not likely that the engine will ever get updated since all the original creators from Archosaur Group have been fired by PW-Bejing. This is largely why the many bugs that are in the game never get fixed. None of the new Dev's know the sourcecode well enough to work with it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, you should be able to TW just fine. Also, it's not likely that the engine will ever get updated since all the original creators from Archosaur Group have been fired by PW-Bejing. This is largely why the many bugs that are in the game never get fixed. None of the new Dev's know the sourcecode well enough to work with it.

Great! :)

I will try to get later on GTX 560 anyways :D to ensure I will be able to play future kick-butt games xD there are nice releases coming up on 2012 and I'll be able to buy that graphic card or even a better one by that time xD

Thanks again for the fast replies and help :D

+10 to you ;D
  • Yamiino - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Guys, I went to a store a friend of mine recommended and this is what they offered o.o!!

From Kingston 8 GB RAM -> Vengeance 8 GB RAM
    From 500 GB HD -> x2 1 TB SATA
    From Geforce GTX550 -> Geforce GTX560 (with the ability to use up to 4 of these o.o!)
    From 24" BENQ HD Screen -> 28" HANSS HD Screen with 1920 x 1200 screen resolution + .+

I'll post the processor and MB when I find the paper I wrote it all in XD

Oh and they're giving me for free a 550W Power Supply for free o.o! think it is enough? they said it was more than enough, but you know how they are they put it all pretty so you get it asap... xD

Anyway the other computer was going for around $1,300 USD, the new one with higher and bigger stuff and more things for free is going for $1,250 more or less O_O a big difference for what they're giving me (i think).

Anyway what do you think? :P my old specs or the new specs? I never heard of Vengeance or Hanss, so, I need some advice here xD oh and I'm extending later on my RAM to 16 GB

Whatcha think? :o