Comments

• Cheze - Lost City
    Cheze - Lost City Posts: 200 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    i derped
  • SinfuINature - Harshlands
    SinfuINature - Harshlands Posts: 533 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In reply to thread title,same reason why the multitudes of mindless fps zombies out there flock to Call of Duty games over any of the "harder" ones

man i miss playing cod on pc... the best one was cod4... ak47 (gold painted ofcourse) w/ iron sights all the way... 5 to 1 kdr with no effort at all... b:sad man those were good times... anyone still play cod4? i might install it and rock face... btw cod:waw is pretty good... cod:mw2 was ok... but cod:black ops just sucks monkey nutts...
  • ZAPATON - Sanctuary
    ZAPATON - Sanctuary Posts: 875 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    My question is: Why on earth do people PK on a sin?

Because if coming out of nowhere (or actually, coming out of stealth) and faceroll on keyboard doesn't kill your target, the stinking fish smell will.

/thread.

Now really, 4 pages and I'm still wondering... was that a serious question? b:puzzled
    Madness?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Arenaceous - Lost City
    Arenaceous - Lost City Posts: 632 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Now really, 4 pages and I'm still wondering... was that a serious question? b:puzzled

Partly rhetorical.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire."

"Some have said there is no subtlety to destruction. You know what? They're dead."

- Jaya Ballard, Task Mage
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    When i was a child, a dreamed about Tetris. Can you imagine how thrilling it is when you see all these blocks raining down from the heaven in your direction?

Tetris never was the same b:cry

Was it like this?
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Kill count and red name.
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    In reply to thread title,same reason why the multitudes of mindless fps zombies out there flock to Call of Duty games over any of the "harder" ones

^I approve this message.

Seriously, pking on a sin is a joke, I also watched abstractive's vid he linked, it just made me feel ill, the one skill that the mages have to get out of "danger" is 100% negated because a sin has the ability to teleport to there opponent...yes teleport.

When did assassins learn the art of crossing into the next world to be un-seen and then learn the ability to teleport to people with an option of stunning just because they appeared there, as I've said before, wizards should be the one turning invisable.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^I approve this message.

Seriously, pking on a sin is a joke, I also watched abstractive's vid he linked, it just made me feel ill, the one skill that the mages have to get out of "danger" is 100% negated because a sin has the ability to teleport to there opponent...yes teleport.

When did assassins learn the art of crossing into the next world to be un-seen and then learn the ability to teleport to people with an option of stunning just because they appeared there, as I've said before, wizards should be the one turning invisable.

Why can they stuff a knife up your butt 5 times in a second?

Do you think there's any kind of logic or logical realism behind any of this game?

No... none at all.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    Aikidou - Lost City Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well tbh if Stealth is taken out or gimped then most sins would be very easy to kill and the balance would be shifted cause lets face it, without it Sins WILL be a BM even if you put up some long wall of arguements saying they wouldn't be. Till then this discussion is kinda moot. o.o (fyi this is why most players go Sin and just make a **** weapon, since 6/10 they don't need too much in the way of defence. o.o)
    OH. also, Domain or Expel to all non-sin chars. get it.
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    well tbh if Stealth is taken out or gimped then most sins would be very easy to kill and the balance would be shifted cause lets face it, without it Sins WILL be a BM even if you put up some long wall of arguements saying they wouldn't be. Till then this discussion is kinda moot. o.o (fyi this is why most players go Sin and just make a **** weapon, since 6/10 they don't need too much in the way of defence. o.o)
    OH. also, Domain or Expel to all non-sin chars. get it.

can you cast AD or expell when you're dead by a one shot?

TBH, those skills sux against a sin... the best is Badge of Courage for a dex genie
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    can you cast AD or expell when you're dead by a one shot?

TBH, those skills sux against a sin... the best is Badge of Courage for a dex genie
    if your one-shot, nothing will help you. o_o you''d think that'd be obvious. o.o
  • Dralighte - Harshlands
    Dralighte - Harshlands Posts: 1,540 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    if your one-shot, nothing will help you. o_o you''d think that'd be obvious. o.o

That's why I dont really pk now... sins, R9s... and GANKs 0f sins >.>
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Kylin: thrashtalk everyone, win TWs, serious faction -Dralighte
    edited June 2011
    well tbh if Stealth is taken out or gimped then most sins would be very easy to kill.

what?
  • Aikidou - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    what?

you do realize most sins only make an OP weapon and don't concentrate on other gear outside interval, right? and half of the time a sin kills, it's from lack of preparedness from the person hes attacking. if you can see a sin attack, it will weaken them considerably as a whole, minus the R9s who **** no matter what.
    oh ALSO the fact that sins aren't all 100+. o.o
    edited June 2011
    you do realize most sins only make an OP weapon and don't concentrate on other gear outside interval, right? and half of the time a sin kills, it's from lack of preparedness from the person hes attacking. if you can see a sin attack, it will weaken them considerably as a whole, minus the R9s who **** no matter what.
    oh ALSO the fact that sins aren't all 100+. o.o

Teleport, teleport stuns, buffs, heals, stun, sleep, seal,

Sin can stand 35 meters away from you tele stun, hit hit zerk, you're dead. All before you even see them o.O So I would have to disagree with you on the statement made earlier.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    ^I approve this message.

What ??? >.>

Where ??? <.<

What the...?

Oh, the wizard posted that vid actually. b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cheze never stealths in the vid

Sins are OP even w/o stealth
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    _UnGodly_ - Lost City Posts: 92 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Cheze never stealths in the vid

Sins are OP even w/o stealth

There are quite a few sins that do not simply rely on stealth and still kill the target. I am at the point, the sins that I see stealthed coming for me, I try to get them before me. The sins that I can't see (without pots) will get me anyways so no point in stealthing.

I started this sin with a duel purpose. Farming and to withstand the stealth pops that my ep and other toon's couldn't. Now, I am nearing end game, gear wise and can just further my refines after the NV dags. PvP wise, I do not do much of it, unless its KOS and I can't help having a little fun.

Not being a "typical "RAWR!! YOU ARE APS DEAD! LOLUMAD?" sin", I still have plenty of fun in this game farming for my alts and running with lowbies from time to time. Not every sin is a dlck, imo, majority of the damage done to the sin rep came from the players who go pk crazy and not the class itself (at least early on.).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There are quite a few sins that do not simply rely on stealth and still kill the target. I am at the point, the sins that I see stealthed coming for me, I try to get them before me. The sins that I can't see (without pots) will get me anyways so no point in stealthing.

I started this sin with a duel purpose. Farming and to withstand the stealth pops that my ep and other toon's couldn't. Now, I am nearing end game, gear wise and can just further my refines after the NV dags. PvP wise, I do not do much of it, unless its KOS and I can't help having a little fun.

Not being a "typical "RAWR!! YOU ARE APS DEAD! LOLUMAD?" sin", I still have plenty of fun in this game farming for my alts and running with lowbies from time to time. Not every sin is a dlck, imo, majority of the damage done to the sin rep came from the players who go pk crazy and not the class itself (at least early on.).

Answer to you: No its the class, just because some if not most sins arent total cockbites and would be so on any class they chose to play, doesent mean its a blanced pvp system.

Translated answer to the OP: No, i really dont enjoy pvp on my sin thus why i have these other classes, stuff"
    Gifs are hard to make work here
    edited June 2011
    People PvP on 'sins because they obviously got tired to PvP with their ridiculously OP barbs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    Answer to you: No its the class, just because some if not most sins arent total cockbites and would be so on any class they chose to play, doesent mean its a blanced pvp system.

Translated answer to the OP: No, i really dont enjoy pvp on my sin thus why i have these other classes, stuff"

Indeed. I was more or less referring to before the **** really hit the fan with the aps craze. Used to, one could survive a stealth attack with decent timing, genie skills, or pots. Being killed without hits even registering is more than enough to **** people off. I guess I'm focusing on old reasons that made me roll a sin, and haven't experienced anything heavy from another classes point of view recently. I'm not trying to defend sin's by saying " OP LEET CLASS " or anything, just keeping an open mind and taking in the complaints.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    People PvP on 'sins because they obviously got tired to PvP with their ridiculously OP barbs.

Seriously? I hope that was in fact sarcasm. Early on, a sin trying to take down a barb is a joke. In latter levels, unless a barb has godly gear and refines, they are rather easy to dispatch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2011
    Seriously? I hope that was in fact sarcasm. Early on, a sin trying to take down a barb is a joke. In latter levels, unless a barb has godly gear and refines, they are rather easy to dispatch.

These readings are off the charts ! http://media.skateboard.com.au/forum/images/sarcasm_detector8.jpg
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Longknife - Harshlands
    Longknife - Harshlands Posts: 4,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011

See, this is why sins have a reputation of being ****ing dumb as balls.

Way to let down your people.
    I <3 AGOREY
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    edited June 2011

Glad to see it was indeed sarcasm. b:laugh

I said that because, I have seen people make that very statement and mean it
    .b:surrender

I am glad that you sir, are the master at conveying emotion and tone within text.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2011

The only thing an assassin will have trouble taking down is a +10 r8/r9 or higher psychic.Barbs are easy imo even with r9 lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Tekril - Dreamweaver
    Tekril - Dreamweaver Posts: 308 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Why do people pvp on sins?
    That's like asking 'Why do people sleep in beds?'. Hell, it's even in the class's name. "Assassin"... they assassinate other players.

It makes a lot of sense.
  • _UnGodly_ - Lost City
    edited June 2011
    The only thing an assassin will have trouble taking down is a +10 r8/r9 or higher psychic.Barbs are easy imo even with r9 lol.

I know a few barbs on LC that you will find to be quite the contrary..
    b:bye
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited June 2011

I know a few barbs on LC that you will find to be quite the contrary..
    b:bye

Ah I don't doubt you, but from personal experience the barbs I have fought are not that hard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • HexOmega - Dreamweaver
    HexOmega - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,342 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    @Infernia: I can/could kill most non-sin people with only my weapon or with lvl 15 daggers (Maybe not charmed HA classes...). So having bad gear as a sin is not really an excuse.

@Longknife: Darf ich deine Antwort ausdrucken und uebers Bett haengen? :p (In the event you are not German, as I assumed. Nvm my reply xD)
    hahaha du Held! XD

oooo i rolled a sin and its 100 and geared soon o_o
    pk with it? probably not, i would miss aoe

i was in a squad with only lvl103 sins for group pvp today, feeling dumb while sitting there "alone" surrounded by lots of invisible allies Dx waiting for the enemy squads to rebuff and return T_T

the future: we all are only playing on our assasins, cause its the best for pve and pvp
    everyone gets on their "TW alt" once or twice a week and then back to sin - hurray?
    i like potato