Ways to have fun?

sanny1129
sanny1129 Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Does anyone know a way to have fun without questing or grinding?
Don't You hate Sigs that re Comments I know I Do..lol
Post edited by sanny1129 on

Comments

• Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fapping.
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Helping faction mates/ talking to them

Flying around the map and seeing what new things you can kill that you could not do so when you had to face it at level

Dueling/Pk if you're into that kind of thing

Taking Screenies

stalking the ah for deals that you can either snatch up for yourself or flip for money

Clicking O and planning out your next dream out fit

Running around archosaur, randomly clicking people whose fashion you and going to the fitting room to see what you would look like in it/playing around dye jobs to see if their outfit can be saved.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Helping faction mates/ talking to them

Flying around the map and seeing what new things you can kill that you could not do so when you had to face it at level

Dueling/Pk if you're into that kind of thing

Taking Screenies

stalking the ah for deals that you can either snatch up for yourself or flip for money

Clicking O and planning out your next dream out fit

Running around archosaur, randomly clicking people whose fashion you and going to the fitting room to see what you would look like in it/playing around dye jobs to see if their outfit can be saved.

Can fap at the same time as all this.

ijs
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    "Churning butter" ?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    "Churning butter" ?

Im.. NOT going to google that. Im too scared. ._.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    sanny1129 wrote: »
    Does anyone know a way to have fun without questing or grinding?

Grab a group of fiends and work on your next piece of gear.... It never seems to be a grind if you have a goal in mind.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    FuzzyWuzz wrote: »
    Grab a group of fiends and work on your next piece of gear.... It never seems to be a grind if you have a goal in mind.

Gotta love them groups of fiends. So helpful.
  • fuzzywuzz
    fuzzywuzz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Gotta love them groups of fiends. So helpful.

They are indeed so hang on to em like life itself.
    [SIGPIC]Need to talk to Fuzzy?[/SIGPIC]
    Sig by NowItsAwn
  • sanny1129
    edited June 2011

All My friends are off..except one but he's too busy working with his guild..All my guildmembers are offline or leaving, sadly...
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    They are indeed so hang on to em like life itself.

I prefer my friends if im honest. Less likely to kill me.
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Im.. NOT going to google that. Im too scared. ._.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgYCzoOtGyo&feature=related
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • sanny1129
    edited June 2011
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011

It wasnt what I htought it might be.

...Lets not get into what I was thinking of...
  • sanny1129
    edited June 2011
    It wasnt what I htought it might be.

...Lets not get into what I was thinking of...
    When you say that it makes me wonder......
  • Kieve - Dreamweaver
    Kieve - Dreamweaver Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There was a post a long, long time ago - I can't find it now - that suggested a rather silly game of ninja-healing.
    Basically, level a cleric to 2 and dump everything into magic (so you can cast while airborne), then stalk arch, randomly casting lvl 1 Pureheart on people. If they spot or whisper you, you 'lose' and must find a new target. See how long you can stalk them with ninja heals before they notice.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Clockwork spider luvs you.
    youtube.com/watch?v=J9TPpBwVhM8
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    There was a post a long, long time ago - I can't find it now - that suggested a rather silly game of ninja-healing.
    Basically, level a cleric to 2 and dump everything into magic (so you can cast while airborne), then stalk arch, randomly casting lvl 1 Pureheart on people. If they spot or whisper you, you 'lose' and must find a new target. See how long you can stalk them with ninja heals before they notice.

That genuinely sounds fun lol.
  • Zanryu - Dreamweaver
    Zanryu - Dreamweaver Posts: 7,261 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Even with friends farming for gear is so repetitive and boring.. I remember farming for my 2nd cast Nirvana pants, such a bore T.T

I mainly pk for fun, end up getting ganked by a certain faction now I've started killing them all any chance I get... it's rather satisfying :o

Honestly.. there's virtually nothing you can do in this game. Farm, grind, catshop, that's about it for actual gameplay content. Now.. taking screenies or trying to make a video could be fun if you can get a few friends to help that.. you know.. can follow instructions :P I have an idea or two for a video but when I record stuff I lag so... I can't do that b:surrender

I play an advanced form of that.. with my sin.. I just stalk random people I see and follow them for like.. an hour then just randomly say something from stealth when they get to a secluded place o.o
  • Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    Tadpole_ - Archosaur Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I always entertain myself by going to starter cities/locations, then show off some awesome skills(especially on my wiz) and then ask if anyone has questions or needs help. Or just helping anyone for that matter. Not only is this something to do, but it also keeps the new players interested in the game....(then they can buy stuff from you later when they have coins)
    Tadpole_ FTW
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Not many ways to have fun other then hanging around with some friends... I was tricked once though in a way that I though that the Cube of Fate was an instance full of actual puzzles... But then I found out it was just another mob-killing instance including PK rooms... I'd like to have some RPG-based minigames in here though... Maybe some puzzles like Sudoku or something or other minigames with small rewards for it... Adds a little variation to the regular grinding... b:cute
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    First off what the heck is fapping? Secondly, I like the idea of having SOME kind of other things to do besides just grinding instances. Although I've been playing a while now(yes this is an alt) and I never really get bored. I don't know, this game is kind of meant for grinding....well that's what people used to do before the introduction of dailies and FF/FFC/FC or whatever folks are calling it nowadays. Anyways if you are bored come to arch and help me level one of my alts via bh runs for all of them....everyday.....for the rest of their lives.
    Tadpole_ FTW
    edited June 2011
    Grinding, boring... BH, boring... FF, boring... It's all the same thing over and over again... My brains need stimulation... And it would be realy nice if this game someday extends to having minigames in it... Now that would be the ultimate MMO... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • FooFooKity - Heavens Tear
    FooFooKity - Heavens Tear Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Get some 30-40ish all white npc gear go up to where Krixxix is hang out asking folks to help you kill Krixx. Once they have invited you to squad, killed Krixx, say "OMG I still didn't get credit", then wait to see how many times they kill him for you til they notice your 101.b:laugh

I also like to jump on my sin and find where friends and guildies are grinding and pop in and out of stealth as they are killing mobs b:pleased Most are shocked when they see me pop out of stealth slap their mob then back into stealthb:chuckle

Another favorite past time of mine is dueling the only cleric in squad just before luring and tanking a boss b:chuckle of course its just as much fun to duel one of the DD's who will prolly be using lots of AOE's just to make it interesting.
  • Aedrian - Lost City
    Aedrian - Lost City Posts: 750 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    I always entertain myself by going to starter cities/locations, then show off some awesome skills(especially on my wiz) and then ask if anyone has questions or needs help. Or just helping anyone for that matter. Not only is this something to do, but it also keeps the new players interested in the game....(then they can buy stuff from you later when they have coins)

Nty, they will try to add you to friends list, and it gets annoying if they grow dependant on you. And then find you somewhere else in the game and [Random player] whispers: You removed me from friends list QQ
    Not many ways to have fun other then hanging around with some friends... I was tricked once though in a way that I though that the Cube of Fate was an instance full of actual puzzles... But then I found out it was just another mob-killing instance including PK rooms... I'd like to have some RPG-based minigames in here though... Maybe some puzzles like Sudoku or something or other minigames with small rewards for it... Adds a little variation to the regular grinding... b:cute

I love the cube, after 9x, you get pages of fate from it, and the golden / plat boxes give neat 1mill/5mill coin cards (Along with countless sadness cards) but I find it very amusing ^.^
    First off what the heck is fapping?

http://files.sharenator.com/MotivationalPostersFapping_motivationals-s750x600-42607.jpg
    http://media.arstechnica.com/journals/thumbs.media/segaviz2.jpg

Hope it is clear to you now
    <"shameless self-bump :D" Alexenokin - Lost City>
    -102% channeling self buffed wizzie, ready to shoot ^.^ (And -107% on Demon Spark, **** refines, I got turbo)

*WTB: -12~-18% chan stuff, pm me in here or in game for details*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Tadpole_ - Archosaur
    edited June 2011
    I agree that id gets annoying when the noobies try to add you. I just tell them my list is full. And wow...have I been outta the loop that long? I am so naive not to figure out what fapping is. I'm an idiot.
    Tadpole_ FTW
  • Renza - Raging Tide
    Renza - Raging Tide Posts: 1,939 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Fun things to do in this game? you're playing the wrong game, the devs never thought to add "fun" things to do, only grind, farm, pk, that's it, oh and cash shop as apparently, people find it fun.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Kantorek: we hope to see the economy in PWI come back "down to earth" if you will."
    *One week later*
    "Frankieraye: Lucky Corals and Platinum Charms are going to be in the Boutique indefinitely."
    *few months later, PWI puts rank8/9 into the CS insanely cheap, raising gold 1mill+*
  • Davitiel - Heavens Tear
    Davitiel - Heavens Tear Posts: 978 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    There's plenty of things to do for fun that dosen't involve questing or instances. Although, that would really depend on what's fun to you. I recomend you join a more active faction, you'll never get bored with a good funny and friendly faction. Taking screenshots is nice too, there are quite a few "secret" areas in the map that people never go to. Browsing the auction house and catshops for good deals is nice; I just go previewing the fashion :P.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    And now faith, hope, and charity remain; but the greatest of these is charity.
  • Arganoth - Lost City
    Arganoth - Lost City Posts: 69 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    To have the most fun, I'd suggest uninstalling PW and enjoying your real life :)
    edited June 2011
    To have the most fun, I'd suggest uninstalling PW and enjoying your real life :)

If real life was that fun I wouldn't be here in the 1st place... b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Play borderlands DLC4?

MineCraft?

UT2003/2004?

Should I go on? Just think of any game that isn't broken, and go for it.

I've spent far more time playing Flight Simulator than I've spent in PWI... 24/7 for around 10 years. *Reinstalls*
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
    edited June 2011
    I play Final Fantasy games against the boredom... I like how you actualy need to think there to win instead of sparking+aps... I prob forgot to mention but this "game" is my main socializing program... Aside from GaiaOnline that is... The fun part about it is doing stuff with friends... b:victory
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]