Equipping Guardian Charms on the Wrong Char

Options
Zenorx - Harshlands
Zenorx - Harshlands Posts: 443 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Has anyone ever equipped a guardian charm accidentally on a character they don't play?

Recently I accidentally equipped a plat hp charm on my merchanting character instead of my sin which kinda sucks lol.

So has anyone ever done this and if so, what did you do about it? Live with it? Or did the GMs remove it for you?
Post edited by Zenorx - Harshlands on

Comments

• Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes, although it was on my main. I usually use event gold charms for TW and resell plats, so I didn't want that lol.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • endlesstorture
    endlesstorture Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    GMs doesnt exist in pwi. so u gotta live with it
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I submitted a ticket about it and the solution suggested was basically,

GMs cannot remove charms or unbind items, now GTFO

So I want to know if anyone has had this issue resolved so I can get them to remove it, as, I highly doubt they don't have the power to at least destroy the charm and place a new one in the persons inventory. The charm has never been ticked by the way, still at 1.2m HP
  • Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear
    Dyskrasia - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,161 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm sure they have the power to do something, but why should they? It wasn't a glitch, it was human error. They're not obligated to correct a player's mistakes, only the mistakes of the game.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Evict is a sexy chalupa. <3
    retired, etc
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes, quite true but, I think the real question is:

Why wouldn't they?

-What harm does it do? None
    -Does it keep the player happy? Yes
    -Is happy players a good thing? Yes

-Is there a dialog box that pops up warning you that it will bind, like other bind when equipped items do? No
    -Should there be? Why not?

Yeah there not obliged to fix as you say "human error," but it makes the playerbase happy and a happy playerbase = more money

Besides, you could argue it was partially game error, like I said above, why should there be a warning box for some bound items and not others?
  • VenusArmani - Dreamweaver
    VenusArmani - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,009 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Why should they correct every players error every time we make a silly mistake? There are 15
    million players. Why should there be a dialog box for charms? IT's not like biding equipment, charms are never meant to be used and then resold. No one is going to **** your account just for a single charm. Besides unbinding completely defeats the whole purpose of binding in the first place.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvy for the superb sig <3

VenusArmani's word of the moment: Expand your Vocabulary, Expand your horizons!
    pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showpost.php?p=17992481&postcount=189
    Pusillanimous:
    1) lacking courage or resolution; cowardly; faint-hearted
    2) Proceeding from or indicating a cowardly spirit
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Yes, quite true but, I think the real question is:

Why wouldn't they?

-What harm does it do?-It makes pwi lose a possible $6
    -Does it keep the player happy? Yes
    -Is happy players a good thing?-To pwi? as long as you got a fat wallet they dont care.
    -Is there a dialog box that pops up warning you that it will bind, like other bind when equipped items do?The devs fail at coding non cashshop codes.
    -Should there be? Why not?If there was pwi will lose money because people would stop accidently adding charms

Yeah there not obliged to fix as you say "human error," but it makes the playerbase happy and a happy playerbase = more money

Besides, you could argue it was partially game error, like I said above, why should there be a warning box for some bound items and not others?

My awsners to the q/a in red.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I did this on my catshop alt last week. I didnt even click it. I was moving it to a different slow, the game lagged, and it equipped without warning.

There really should be a dialog warning that it will bind. Not necessarily to inform people but to prevent game lag from accidentally autobinding a charm. There are dialogs for other binding equipment like tt gold.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
  • ArrowOHeaven - Lost City
    ArrowOHeaven - Lost City Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I did this on my catshop alt last week. I didnt even click it. I was moving it to a different slow, the game lagged, and it equipped without warning.

There really should be a dialog warning that it will bind. Not necessarily to inform people but to prevent game lag from accidentally autobinding a charm. There are dialogs for other binding equipment like tt gold.

Or just make it so you have to drag it to the charm slot to equip so accidental right click releases from moving the screen wont equip it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    DIE! I SAID DIE!
  • FrozenPhire - Lost City
    FrozenPhire - Lost City Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I equipped a plat mp charm on my lvl14 barb shop once.. I wasnt very happy I didnt even get a chance to say no.

Yes Add a confirm message like everything else lol. b:bye
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options

Or just make it so you have to drag it to the charm slot to equip so accidental right click releases from moving the screen wont equip it.
    Yes Add a confirm message like everything else lol

Exactly, I dunno about PWE but if I ran the game, I would put it back in the players inventory if it makes them happy and spend more money
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Exactly, I dunno about PWE but if I ran the game, I would put it back in the players inventory if it makes them happy and spend more money

Do you realize how much man hours it would cost to correct every tiny user error of 15 million people! Not to mention the massive opportunity costs because no one would ever repurchase anything. And if you are merchant, are you really spending that much cash? Isn't the whole point of merchanting to avoid having to spend real money? Maybe they could add a dialog box. If they decide to help you out, that's really nice of them. They are taking a bit of extra time to help someone out who really needs it. Out of the kindness of whichever GM you were lucky enough to run into's heart. But they aren't obligated to do so and that shouldn't be the automatic response people receive. There are instances where I think they should change things that 1k thing, the sage vortexs inside demon stuff, the fact that the eldest matchmaker claims you need 6 wines instead of 1 for a few of the bh wines. Those kinds of things aren't user errors. Thats a game error.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • _Petal_ - Harshlands
    _Petal_ - Harshlands Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    ?

Zenor, if you don't stop leveling your sin, my Seeker is going to pass your Psychic. That would be embarrassing. b:laugh
    They made fun of me because I wasn't a R8 Psychic...and then came third cast. It's not funny anymore.

Reason 88 to buy a makeover scroll:
    gomba: "Your butt looks like an eggplant."
    Q_Q
  • Zenorx - Harshlands
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Do you realize how much man hours it would cost to correct every tiny user error of 15 million people! Not to mention the massive opportunity costs because no one would ever repurchase anything. And if you are merchant, are you really spending that much cash? Isn't the whole point of merchanting to avoid having to spend real money? Maybe they could add a dialog box. If they decide to help you out, that's really nice of them. They are taking a bit of extra time to help someone out who really needs it. Out of the kindness of whichever GM you were lucky enough to run into's heart. But they aren't obligated to do so and that shouldn't be the automatic response people receive. There are instances where I think they should change things that 1k thing, the sage vortexs inside demon stuff, the fact that the eldest matchmaker claims you need 6 wines instead of 1 for a few of the bh wines. Those kinds of things aren't user errors. Thats a game error.

1. Where did I say that I spend money on the game exactly? Cause I don't. What I was meaning is, if the GMs get more involved in the game, and help people out, the players will be happy. And happy players spend money don't they? All I'm saying, is that, is there really a downside to helping people out with small problems like this?

2. Yes I know I know, "It takes to much time to help everyone with petty issues such as this." But really, they had the time to reply to my ticket, the time to write out a paragraph response telling me they weren't going to fix it for me.
    Zenor, if you don't stop leveling your sin, my Seeker is going to pass your Psychic. That would be embarrassing. b:laugh

b:sweat

But but but.....

Yes, yes it would be embarrassing b:shocked b:cry

DW Born, I am leveling my psy........ slowly b:surrender

your seeker has more posts than me already too :(
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I HIGHLY doubt 15million ppl play our version of PW. LOLLOLTROLLOLOLOL. b:chuckle
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I HIGHLY doubt 15million ppl play our version of PW. LOLLOLTROLLOLOLOL. b:chuckle

Thats the number Perfect World claimed at some point, I highly doubt it too. I think they may have been combining the version numbers. Either way, we know there are several more people playing than they could possibly collect every user error for. Also, I wish people would learn the meaning of the world troll. I posted nothing that could be considered trolling. Sheesh.

:P And I was just gonna tell ya how much I like your sig. >.< Well now I hate it so HA! ( no, I don't. XD)

1. Where did I say that I spend money on the game exactly? Cause I don't. What I was meaning is, if the GMs get more involved in the game, and help people out, the players will be happy. And happy players spend money don't they? All I'm saying, is that, is there really a downside to helping people out with small problems like this?

2. Yes I know I know, "It takes to much time to help everyone with petty issues such as this." But really, they had the time to reply to my ticket, the time to write out a paragraph response telling me they weren't going to fix it for me.

You do realize that the people who work the customer support center are probably different than the various GMs and community moderators, right? Some of these responses are probably also copy/pasted it and took like two seconds. Also, I thought the whole point of this thread is you felt YOUR ticket was handled unfairly, and now your on some kind of campaign to get a change so that at least it doesn't happen to someone else. But this mostly happens to merchants (happens to me) I fail to see how this would get them any money. In fact, I'm pretty sure they'd lose money on it in the form of manhours, resources, and opportunity costs.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
    edited June 2011
    Options
    troll on pwi's part, not yours. Your info was from them, so they trolololol b:chuckle

NO WAY IN HELL THERE IS 15 MIL ppl playing this **** game.b:chuckle
    edited June 2011
    Options
    troll on pwi's part, not yours. Your info was from them, so they trolololol b:chuckle

NO WAY IN HELL THERE IS 15 MIL ppl playing this **** game.b:chuckle

LOL. I know right. That's the number I heard at some point. More than likely though its a few million people with multiple accounts. I could see them claiming every individual account as an individual person.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973
    Asterelle - Sanctuary_1381265973 Posts: 7,881 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    LOL. I know right. That's the number I heard at some point. More than likely though its a few million people with multiple accounts. I could see them claiming every individual account as an individual person.

At one time I counted that there were 400 some odd catshops around arch. What's a reasonable ratio for the number of catshops to people online.. 1:20? 1:30? That means there are 8000 people connected to the server at any time. If people play like 10 hours a week on average and a week lasts 168 hours, that makes 135,000 people per server in any week. Multiply times the 7 servers and you get 1 million people. That's my guess.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Refining Simulator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/refiningsimulator.html (don't use IE)
    Genie Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/geniecalculator.html - (don't use IE)
    Socket Calculator - aster.ohmydays.net/pw/socketcalculator.html
    edited June 2011
    Options
    At one time I counted that there were 400 some odd catshops around arch. What's a reasonable ratio for the number of catshops to people online.. 1:20? 1:30? That means there are 8000 people connected to the server at any time. If people play like 10 hours a week on average and a week lasts 168 hours, that makes 135,000 people per server in any week. Multiply times the 7 servers and you get 1 million people. That's my guess.

You forget though that they can still claim accounts as long as they haven't been shut down. How many people rage quit the game but don't go through the process of deleting. Add up all the newbies that get added and never make it to level 20. I think that is what the other numbers are coming from. This game has been around since 08 after all.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol support wont do anything at all. i had a game glitch and they refused to ifx it.

-removed-

Including private corresponding between a user and PWE support is not allowed.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    lol support wont do anything at all. i had a game glitch and they refused to ifx it.

Thats just such amazingly awful customer service. A testament to PWE **** peeps over.

Hope you can trade your skill man :(
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Thats just such amazingly awful customer service. A testament to PWE **** peeps over.

Hope you can trade your skill man :(

my faction gathered together 220 advanced mystical pages and bought me all the advanced books. so i have my demon vortex and sold the sage version for 15 mil.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
    edited June 2011
    Options
    my faction gathered together 220 advanced mystical pages and bought me all the advanced books. so i have my demon vortex and sold the sage version for 15 mil.

I b:heart it when factions/players come together like that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Pusillanimous:
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options

ITs nice they did that for you :)

Still, they should never have had to :/
  • _Skai_ - Raging Tide
    _Skai_ - Raging Tide Posts: 3,407 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    equipped a plat mp charm on my catshop char once. still have it on there lol.

was moving camera, and thanks to lag the mouse ended up in my inventory over the charm, so it equipped it.

>.<
    [SIGPIC]Octavia is best pony[/SIGPIC]
    Vicious's Brony. Brohoof!
    youtube.com/user/SkaiPW - Assassin PvE/PvP Videos!
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I accidentally equipped a plat HP charm on my archer once (which is better than catshop at least) that I was trying to move in my inventory. I was just dragging and dropping to a different space, but it equipped. Ever since then I have been terrified of having to move them when I am dealing with my catshop or the guild bank char lol.

Please add a confirm message!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842