Grinding?

Options
Yuniryu - Raging Tide
Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
edited June 2011 in General Discussion
Hello i am level 87 seeker. Lately i dont know what to aoe grind. Up till now i haveen been killing monsters within 2 levels of me higher and lower. Right now i am killing spiders but i am hardly getting anything. I would like to know if white monster is better then randomly killing yellow monsters because when i was 86, they dropped more for some reason, but grinding 2 days at spiders its xD coming a bit slower. Dont say database that thing doesnt add up except for saying that green monsters drop rate is reduced but yellow and white drop the same? huh i dunno.

Or i just must be unlucky right now.b:cry
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Yuniryu - Raging Tide on

Comments

• Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur
    Valkyrie_Sw - Archosaur Posts: 186 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop
    i think this helps???
    Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak
  • Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver
    Yogaxpto - Dreamweaver Posts: 273 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    perhaps you were grinding while 2x drop was still up...
    Or am I wrong?
    Trolling since September 2008b:victory

Don't worry. I might stop trolling and say something useful... One day....
  • JanusZeal - Heavens Tear
    JanusZeal - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,852 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Have a sin BP you, and go annihilate some Goothe's near Avalanche Village.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    perhaps you were grinding while 2x drop was still up...
    Or am I wrong?

Thats what i think. Some invisble 2x drop rate on without me knowing lol. Cause its very very bad right now., not even my normal grind its like i am killing green monsters. Pwi database sucs, sorry i used that and its all the same, i guess i am cursed.
    http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/drop Nope its useless yellow and white same drop rate? or really.
    Maybe pve changed the drop rate, they trying to get me to buy rank 8 and cash shop no thanks. 80 dollars or 80 million in game coin, or grind for 5 years(ie the bad drop rate).

I am even using bp, thankfully my repairs are low. I will try Goothe if not then xD i guess i will farm till i fall asleep on my keyboard.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Daedallus - Sanctuary
    Daedallus - Sanctuary Posts: 554 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The best drops are supposedly within +2/-2 level range from your own.

I also found the drop rate quite low the past days... guess it wasn't just me.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options

I guess its just my luck. I will try killing those spiders again.
    Goothe are 99 btw lol i am 87.

Also there is something i never understand from database.

What is the real drop rate, the default drop rate or the real drop rate?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Magicsaber - Dreamweaver
    Magicsaber - Dreamweaver Posts: 727 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I guess its just my luck. I will try killing those spiders again.
    Goothe are 99 btw lol i am 87.

Also there is something i never understand from database.

What is the real drop rate, the default drop rate or the real drop rate?

Default drop rate is possibility to drop current item if you must get at least one random item from mob.

Real drop rate is possibility to drop current item if you can get 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 of random item(s) (random quantity) from each new mob.

There is no luck, there is Drop rate.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Default drop rate is possibility to drop current item if you must get at least one random item from mob.

Real drop rate is possibility to drop current item if you can get 0 or 1 or 2 or 3 of random item(s) (random quantity) from each new mob.

There is no luck, there is Drop rate.

Erm okay. So Default is drop rate to get random, and real is the drop rate from that random i get? Not hundred percent sure.b:puzzled

Anyways i tried again, so i guess xD its definitely random.b:pleased
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mayfly - Dreamweaver
    Mayfly - Dreamweaver Posts: 6,094 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Drop rate of severals items

0: 77.6209%

1: 16.7843%

2: 4.4758%

3: 1.1190%
    Probability of additiolan items

1: 0.5196%

See that 0 line up there? That's saying over 3/4 of the time, you'll get zip, zero, nada drops from a kill. The next 3 lines say what the probability is of getting 1, 2 or 3 drops from the normal drop table. The "probability of additiolan (sic) items" is the chance of getting something from the Additional Drop table, found below the normal drop table.
    # 		Name 	Default drop rate 	Real drop rate
    1 		Compound Venom 	52.2041% 	13.2122%

Default drop rate is the chance of getting this item, if something drops. Real drop rate is the chance of getting this item, figuring in the probabilities of getting one, two or three drops (assuming you're killing mobs within 2 levels of you, or higher. You'll get worse drop rate on lower level mobs. See here for details.)

The reality is, the drop rate on high level mobs sucks, and always has. (The above data was taken from the entry for araneid cruelhearts on pwdatabase.)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Weekly Japanese/English bilingual webcomic
    thejapanesepage.com/ebooks/yuki_no_monogatari_manga
    edited June 2011
    Options

Don't tell the [?] mobs in chronoworld that are lvl 150. b:cute
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Don't tell the [?] mobs in chronoworld that are lvl 150. b:cute

The mobs in Old Unicorn Forrest have fantastical drop rates. The 2 hour time limit absolutely sucks though, or it'd be profitable to grind in there.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
    edited June 2011
    Options
    The mobs in Old Unicorn Forrest have fantastical drop rates. The 2 hour time limit absolutely sucks though, or it'd be profitable to grind in there.
    Since I don't like grinding on the same mobs for such long periods of time (short attention span), I always thought of the two hour time limit as.. "holy **** you made it for 2 hours.. time to go get some ice cream and drag the wife up and down Nirvana".

Coincidentally, can just time it right so you get blood with an hour and change left on the 3 hour wait and have an extra hour to spare. I don't usually do this though except for one time I went nuts farming Wraith Spirits.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Since I don't like grinding on the same mobs for such long periods of time (short attention span), I always thought of the two hour time limit as.. "holy **** you made it for 2 hours.. time to go get some ice cream and drag the wife up and down Nirvana".

Coincidentally, can just time it right so you get blood with an hour and change left on the 3 hour wait and have an extra hour to spare. I don't usually do this though except for one time I went nuts farming Wraith Spirits.

Yeah, I was farming the helm last year. Gave up when people started noticing my G11 one and figured out it could be farmed. Couldn't find a clear spot to grind after a while. b:angry
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Drop rate of severals items

0: 77.6209%

1: 16.7843%

2: 4.4758%

3: 1.1190%
    Probability of additiolan items

1: 0.5196%

See that 0 line up there? That's saying over 3/4 of the time, you'll get zip, zero, nada drops from a kill. The next 3 lines say what the probability is of getting 1, 2 or 3 drops from the normal drop table. The "probability of additiolan (sic) items" is the chance of getting something from the Additional Drop table, found below the normal drop table.
    # 		Name 	Default drop rate 	Real drop rate
    1 		Compound Venom 	52.2041% 	13.2122%

Default drop rate is the chance of getting this item, if something drops. Real drop rate is the chance of getting this item, figuring in the probabilities of getting one, two or three drops (assuming you're killing mobs within 2 levels of you, or higher. You'll get worse drop rate on lower level mobs. See here for details.)

The reality is, the drop rate on high level mobs sucks, and always has. (The above data was taken from the entry for araneid cruelhearts on pwdatabase.)
    Cool thanks now i understand now. XD i guess i got to embrace farming as much as i hate it.b:chuckle. I done enough of that in rune - scape lolb:laugh
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]