Client Suddenly Closes No Bug Report?

Options
Wunderkind - Dreamweaver
Wunderkind - Dreamweaver Posts: 315 Arc User
edited June 2011 in Support Desk
I'm not sure if anyone else is starting to notice this happening, but lately my client has started to "crash" but not bring up any bug reports or anything. Did they just remove the bug report window or something and it's still same old bug reports, or is this something new? It seems to be like the exit to desktop was clicked because it just goes straight to desktop client isn't in task manager or anything. b:surrender

EDIT: running verify files to see if that helps with it. It's now done it 3 times today.
Currently: pwcalc.com/b4c92dacf1da8c21
Post edited by Wunderkind - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• darthpanda16
    darthpanda16 Posts: 9,471 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can do our best to help you.
    Do you need help learning about patching the game, installing it, changing antivirus/firewall settings, changing network settings, learn how to use a computer, keeping your PC maintained and more?
    Visit our BRAND NEW Knowledge Base & Support Website! - Tech Support Flowchart - Panda Caught on Camera
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Please send in a ticket to Tech Support with the following information so we can try to figure this out for you. We need you to send us some of your computer's information.

1) What is the make and model number of your computer?

2) Please also tell us whether you are running a 32bit or 64bit version of Windows. You can find out in Windows by going here: Start > Control Panel > System & Maintenance > System. Then look under System > System Type. It will then display 32bit Operating System or 64bit Operating System. Include that info with the info we ask for below.

3) To create a dxdiag log, go to Start, click on Run, then type in dxdiag and press Enter. Click on Save All Information as a text file (on your Desktop as an example.
    If you are using Vista or 7, go to the Start Menu, click on the Search menu and type dxdiag.exe.

4) Attach the dxdiag.txt that you save to your reply to us.

If you have a 64bit system, please click on the 64bit Dxdiag/DirectX button to save the correct log file.

This is important so that we can do our best to help you.

I'm about to send in the ticket. It's still been happening here or there maybe 1 time a day, and I have absolutely no feedback on why. It's like the process just gets terminated.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Drazomyst - Dreamweaver
    Drazomyst - Dreamweaver Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Didn't they remove the bug-report app a while ago?
    [Retired from PWI]
  • hawnt
    hawnt Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I've the same prob:
    Everything runs fine up to patch 522, but now:
    Since the new update 528 I have multiple crashes w/o debug window. Client vanishes in a sec, while wandering in Archosaur, flying around etc.
    Sometimes client uptime is even less than a minute.
    Run verify either without error message, so the new patch is running, noth pwi though.

Wrote a msg to tech support and waiting....

PWI hiatus? Hopefully not.
  • alanthier
    alanthier Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I'm about to send in the ticket. It's still been happening here or there maybe 1 time a day, and I have absolutely no feedback on why. It's like the process just gets terminated.

I have this same problem but sometimes restarting the comp fixes it, however, when it doesnt and I DO send you a ticket, I give you ALL the information and always get a "need more info" response from you guys.
  • Traz - Dreamweaver
    Traz - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,843 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    Well I had bad issues when I switched my graphics card, but since reinstalling windows 7 I was flawless for a few months. Not sure what's causing these but it's def not overheating I've been monitoring that. Seemed to do it a lot in FC and also snowy village.
    BladedZero - Sanctuary
    "Also I don't think actually playing through the game helps your skill either."

-And we wonder why this game has gone to hell b:cute
  • Dsholder - Dreamweaver
    Dsholder - Dreamweaver Posts: 626 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    My client crashes every time I leave FC/Phoenix Valley and Delta.
    [SIGPIC]http://a.imageshack.us/img714/9433/testoz.jpg[/SIGPIC]

If I had a dime for every time I was wrong, I'd be broke.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Options
    I had a similar issue, would happen a lot when I was doing WQ. Decreasing the draw distance helped a lot.
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle