40vs40 Faction Base battles dropped?

ummidunno
ummidunno Posts: 9 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
What is the current state for this feature? Has it been officially dropped or are there any plans to finish it?
Post edited by ummidunno on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ummidunno wrote: »
    What is the current state for this feature? Has it been officially dropped or are there any plans to finish it?

lol @ pwi finishing anything
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Tremblewith - Heavens Tear
    Tremblewith - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,558 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Not a clue. The last I heard, it was never completed and would come out at a later date. Frankie told me that he would keep us updated on this, and when it was coming out, he would let us know.
  • Diomedes - Raging Tide
    Diomedes - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ummidunno wrote: »

Finish? Finish?! Finish?!?! FINISH???!!!!

PWE doesn't fix things...

But you can write them a big check and get a bike and a pirate costume! b:pleased

Good deal right?
  • Cacie - Sanctuary
    Cacie - Sanctuary Posts: 36 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    More evasive answers players get
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _Ink_ - Raging Tide
    _Ink_ - Raging Tide Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I hope they finish it, it's about the only thing I was interested in guild base-wise.
  • ResMePls - Heavens Tear
    ResMePls - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,349 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Best joke ever :P, PWI finishes something.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]I know what your thinking.
  • Sneakret - Heavens Tear
    Sneakret - Heavens Tear Posts: 618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:cute nice to see almost all my QQ'ers in 1 thread
    I can see what you see not,
    Vision milky, then eyes rot.
    When you turn, they will be gone,
    Whispering their hidden song.
    Then you see what cannot be,
    Shadows move where light should be.
    Out of darkness, out of mind,
    Cast down into the Halls of the Blind.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    it's at the bottom of the stack of things to be finished. they can't start on it until they've finished every older entry sitting on top.

they can't finish the topmost of those entries, because they don't know what it is --- the paper's too old and yellowed to read.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Engeli - Sanctuary
    Engeli - Sanctuary Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    sigh ... ._.
  • GoodStart - Dreamweaver
    GoodStart - Dreamweaver Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My theory is that the 40 vs 40 Faction Base battles is complete. I just don't think they have introduced it yet. My speculation is that they are waiting just before the release date of another MMORPG which revolves around Wars between Guilds to implement it. This marketing strategy would of course, be an attempt to keep PWI players playing PWI, instead of switching to this new game.

Now this is my personal opinion, and all readers should maintain a degree of skepticism about its truth, but I would like to point out that I have already put more effort into answering this question than any GM, CM, or PWE representative.

Note to PWE staff: False Promises + Silent Tongues = a VERY disappointed player base. You can do better and we deserve better.
  • Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear
    Summer_Blush - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,187 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    which will come first, Black Mesa Source or PWI bug fixes?

Duke Nukem Forever already beat BMS
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Skippy - Dreamweaver
    Skippy - Dreamweaver Posts: 254 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    er...

i never been in the pvp arena, since they never bothered to open it, ( portal with lighting comming from it in every major city )

what makes you think they will bother to add this ? never saw them actually finish stuff

im happy PW doesnt fabricate cars, peaple would have to drive whitout breaks.

or worse, no RADIO QQ
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    ^ ahhh priorities in cars... xD Radio > Brakes...
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver
    ElwinCastor - Dreamweaver Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My theory is that the 40 vs 40 Faction Base battles is complete. I just don't think they have introduced it yet. My speculation is that they are waiting just before the release date of another MMORPG which revolves around Wars between Guilds to implement it. This marketing strategy would of course, be an attempt to keep PWI players playing PWI, instead of switching to this new game.

Interesting theory. PWE better do something spectacular because that other MMORPG looks pretty amazing.
  • Vindrael - Lost City
    Vindrael - Lost City Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Indeed. +1 on wars between guilds, and I don't mean TW. b:victory
  • DarkBalls - Harshlands
    DarkBalls - Harshlands Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    +2...
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I for one hope they don't finish this. There are many factions that want one, but dont like the idea of being forced to risk losing it all for a battle they dont even have any interest in. If you want guild vs guild, then do TW.
    My boyfriend's faction has a base, and there are some nice features I'd love to have for my own faction, which is full of casual players(me and one other lvl 83 member are the only two above lvl 80). And I'd like to be able to keep those features without worrying about endgame uber geared players being able to take those features from us.

Now, I'm all for this if the option to have your guild base excluded from all battles is given. OF course, this would have to be something that could be only chosen when putting together the guild base, and never changed, to prevent abuse.
  • I_Sell_Eeet - Dreamweaver
    I_Sell_Eeet - Dreamweaver Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Mabye they were waiting for, iunno, people to lvl their faction bases before they get destroyed after 1 week because of weak base stats :o
  • Ezehc - Lost City
    Ezehc - Lost City Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    We'll All Be Raptured Before This Comes Out.
    Lost City Cheze Refining Service. Save up to 40% of orb cost for refines up to +9.

tinyurl.com/chezerefine
  • Randamu - Harshlands
    Randamu - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The arena is definitely finished. In PW MY it's been open since forever... (I played there for 3 years or so before PWI). I don't recall it as being anything special though, and back then it wasn't used much except for the occasional player-organised guild(faction)-event.

I'm also wondering when PW Housing will be released. We've been getting items related to it for years now without having any purpose for them (you know, when you get stuff like a folding fan from World Quest... those items).
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm also wondering when PW Housing will be released. We've been getting items related to it for years now without having any purpose for them (you know, when you get stuff like a folding fan from World Quest... those items).

Never. Those are just left overs from when the game was pay to play and housing was included.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Yukkuri - Heavens Tear
    Yukkuri - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'm also wondering when PW Housing will be released.

Never. If you want housing you'd need to go to the P2P version of Perfect World (Also known as Perfect World 1 or world2) (we're on Perfect World 2). Those items are simply leftover junk, like many things out there.

Did you just ninja'd me? ಠ_ಠ
    [sigpic][/sigpic]LOVE
    Information: It is proven that the majority of the Perfect World International player base suffers from "Motorcylophobia".

-Every single patch to an MMO causes players to cry: "They Changed It, Now It Sucks". Every. Single. Patch. -Taken from TV Tropes.
  • LovesTragedy - Lost City
    LovesTragedy - Lost City Posts: 474 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Did you just ninja'd me? ಠ_ಠ

nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu b:avoid
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Chars:
    CptMaggots 101 sage R8/NV Seeker
    LovesTragedy 100 demon R8 Cleric

~Finally quit this god forsaken game~
    Enjoy the rest of the downward spiral. See you in SWtOR b:bye
  • Obly - Dreamweaver
    Obly - Dreamweaver Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    @OP

First -> Buy more packs, you must!
    b:victory Once you discover life is meaningless, you will see my point of view!! b:victory

Skills determine a good player, not a creditcard.b:flower
  • Altamiria - Heavens Tear
    Altamiria - Heavens Tear Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Now this is my personal opinion, and all readers should maintain a degree of skepticism about its truth, but I would like to point out that I have already put more effort into answering this question than any GM, CM, or PWE representative.

Note to PWE staff: False Promises + Silent Tongues = a VERY disappointed player base. You can do better and we deserve better.

Wouldn't said players be more likely to switch to said competitor product if they were forced to wait for something promised several months ago? b:chuckle That would be the dumbest strategy ever.

More likely it is glitchy like most of the game and the bugs are catastrophic in comparison to any we have seen before.