edited May 2011
    At least I gave them a month b:scorn

gtfo :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    At this point I think we can all agree that it's not actually powerleveling that annoys everyone so much. Rather, it's that character in your squad who happened to powerlevel and has no earthly idea what he/she is doing.

I'm sure we run into a lot of plvlers every day, but many of them have the sense to pay attention long enough to gain control over their skills. And many people who have been playing for more than a month or two already know a good deal about each class and how they work together.

It's just that some people who are oblivious, seem to remain oblivious.

My solution is simply to pick on these people whenever possible. Laugh, point, gang up on them and call them fail noobs. If you're on a pk server, just hunt and kill them.

When these annoying little buggers start acting up in a squad, just let 'em die and don't res them (provided you don't need them to finish the instance). Our goal here is to make these scumbags' lives so uncomfortably they are forced to rage quit and lock themselves in their room pouting about how they suck at mmo's.

/steppingoffthedamnsoapbox
  • Samaela - Dreamweaver
    Samaela - Dreamweaver Posts: 426 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    My solution is simply to pick on these people whenever possible. Laugh, point, gang up on them and call them fail noobs. If you're on a pk server, just hunt and kill them.

When these annoying little buggers start acting up in a squad, just let 'em die and don't res them (provided you don't need them to finish the instance). Our goal here is to make these scumbags' lives so uncomfortably they are forced to rage quit and lock themselves in their room pouting about how they suck at mmo's.

You're a *****.

More seriously, this would help anything how exactly? Only that you show off that you are so damn better than everyone else and acts like a jerk to people who isn't. Great job in making this game enjoyable. Not.

My solution, tell them how to do things. It took me less than a minute to explain to a cleric how plumeshell actually worked. I probably spent less telling someone about controlling your aggro once. Honestly, even if you know the game and they don't, harassing someone is low. Really low. I rather squad with n00bs who I can tell(providing they actually listen which I've realized that most do.) than someone who does know the game, but acts like an a**hole to those who don't, no matter what level they are or how they got there. Get off your high horse.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Samaela[demon cleric]||Nanimee[mystic]||aquaelle[psychic]
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    um...I was kidding? take it easy there Sam.

guess it's hard for some people to pick up on sarcasm...

I made my original point a few pages back, I was just jumping in to provide some flavor to the thread. And if you read that and thought that I was being serious...I mean come on XD

But yea, I am kindofanass b:surrender
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Debuffs dont affect buffed stats

50% =/= 2x damage

Stopping sparking to debuff if theres a veno/cleric/barb in squad is just a waste of damage, 10% less phys def than sage IW is so worth that time and you lose the crit from CCing GS as well.

these are basic things most bm's learned by level 70 "back in the day". most we're still so terribad my level 7x bm would be picked over 9x's for tt, but sadly they still knew more about the class than you nubcake chances are those "pro" bm's are post pack fists I flame for fun.

Have some math nubbles, http://www.pwdatabase.com/pwi/mob/24844 Final frost bosses stats

vs a 100 oponent 2011 phys def is a 34% reduction, 1006 phys def = 20%

again buffs are not affected by debuffs unless the debuff stacks to over 100%. (bm marrows for example) again you will almost never have a squad without an existing phys debuffer.

Not calling it useless but GS dosent hold a candle to HF, even more so at 99 when HF gains 33% dureation and GS gets a buff so sexy it'll make your panties wet.

I know there are better debuffs (Myriad / Demon Ironwood whn they hit) but you threw ut what I said based on the idea of there being others in squad. And again, stopping to do something other than sparking increases EVERYONES damage. You stop for 3 seconds to drop that skill, suddenly the other 4/5 people are hitting a tonne harder and you wont exactly be hitting for nothing once you finish casting.

Also, Last I checked Sage ironwood extends duration, it doesnt increase th power of the debuff. (If you meant the Level 11 over 10 increase, its still weaker).

The impact of a buff is greatly reduced by the impact of a debuff. Barbs are not much stronger against my attacks with Cleric buff after Undine than without Cleric buffs after undine. But non-Undined barbs are a **** tonne more resiliant with the buffs than without.

Oncemore, you assume a venomancer or similar classis in squad to debuff. This is Harshlands. Those classes dont level unless theyre Clerics b:bye

Also 2011 PDef, assuming its merely Cleric buffed, is 3217 PDef. Assuming it didnt affect the buff, but merely the base, the buffs effect is dropped to 1609 buffed. Its still a big *** drop b:bye

Aaaaaaaaand note. I never. Ever. Said. I. Was. Pro. I said that I stopped to learn at least something about my class, which is more than many of your friendly neighbourhood powerlevellers do right now.

Straight up, with no other assistance, with LEvel 10 skills, Glacial can be more useful than Heavens Flame in a lot of situations. If you wanna fight more, take it to the BM forums, it was simply a case note as to people never learning jack ****, but you wanted to be a **** of course.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    Joshcja - Sanctuary Posts: 3,502 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I know there are better debuffs (Myriad / Demon Ironwood whn they hit) but you threw ut what I said based on the idea of there being others in squad. And again, stopping to do something other than sparking increases EVERYONES damage. You stop for 3 seconds to drop that skill, suddenly the other 4/5 people are hitting a tonne harder and you wont exactly be hitting for nothing once you finish casting.

Also, Last I checked Sage ironwood extends duration, it doesnt increase th power of the debuff. (If you meant the Level 11 over 10 increase, its still weaker).

The impact of a buff is greatly reduced by the impact of a debuff. Barbs are not much stronger against my attacks with Cleric buff after Undine than without Cleric buffs after undine. But non-Undined barbs are a **** tonne more resiliant with the buffs than without.

Oncemore, you assume a venomancer or similar classis in squad to debuff. This is Harshlands. Those classes dont level unless theyre Clerics b:bye

Also 2011 PDef, assuming its merely Cleric buffed, is 3217 PDef. Assuming it didnt affect the buff, but merely the base, the buffs effect is dropped to 1609 buffed. Its still a big *** drop b:bye

Aaaaaaaaand note. I never. Ever. Said. I. Was. Pro. I said that I stopped to learn at least something about my class, which is more than many of your friendly neighbourhood powerlevellers do right now.

Straight up, with no other assistance, with LEvel 10 skills, Glacial can be more useful than Heavens Flame in a lot of situations. If you wanna fight more, take it to the BM forums, it was simply a case note as to people never learning jack ****, but you wanted to be a **** of course.

Sage IW is 40%

Its usefull when HF dosent work your the only DD in squad with a phys debuff and theres no bm with a lower refined weapon/level 11 GS, and in full delta (BH is done at spawn so your saveing sparks for hf most of the time). Basicly its a skill you finish casting once a month or so.

Seriously though if you think hitting a buffed target with a base equip debuff is more effective than a 100% amp AFTER being shown the basic math involved... you need to go relearn the game from level 1. Not the class. The game.

Again debuffs do NOT scale with buffs, 160% - 150% =/= 80%

3217 = 45% vs a 100 attacker, 3217 - 1006 = 2211 or 36% phys def on a 100 attacker. Or in other words, a 20% boost in damage. And thats assumeign nobody else in your squad has a debuff

Grats you just did 1/5 of a HF!!! By doing so you lost your spark (1/3 sparked damage assumeing 3.33 base) and lost GS proc (lost 15% dps) so assuming your not a pitty DD and can keep up with the others DPS the squad just lost about 1/7th of its DD to gain 10% more kill speed (GS is only active 50% of the time). Way to go you just managed to slow down the kill *thumbs up*

Seriously do you know what we call people who cant find a static group of people to farm with that are 1/2 competent? Hyper nubbles.
    Gifs are hard to make work here
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Sage IW is 40%

Its usefull when HF dosent work your the only DD in squad with a phys debuff and theres no bm with a lower refined weapon/level 11 GS, and in full delta (BH is done at spawn so your saveing sparks for hf most of the time). Basicly its a skill you finish casting once a month or so.

Seriously though if you think hitting a buffed target with a base equip debuff is more effective than a 100% amp AFTER being shown the basic math involved... you need to go relearn the game from level 1. Not the class. The game.

Again debuffs do NOT scale with buffs, 160% - 150% =/= 80%

3217 = 45% vs a 100 attacker, 3217 - 1006 = 2211 or 36% phys def on a 100 attacker. Or in other words, a 20% boost in damage. And thats assumeign nobody else in your squad has a debuff

Grats you just did 1/5 of a HF!!! By doing so you lost your spark (1/3 sparked damage assumeing 3.33 base) and lost GS proc (lost 15% dps) so assuming your not a pitty DD and can keep up with the others DPS the squad just lost about 1/7th of its DD to gain 10% more kill speed (GS is only active 50% of the time). Way to go you just managed to slow down the kill *thumbs up*

Seriously do you know what we call people who cant find a static group of people to farm with that are 1/2 competent? Hyper nubbles.

You know what? I no longer care. See ya on Harshlands when you grow some balls.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011
    You know what? I no longer care. See ya on Harshlands when you grow some balls.

Shure lemme reroll into the game i quit merchant a 5 aps bm and deal with all the types of people i hate along with OP fish. just to smack one idiot.

Or, i could laugh at you on the forums.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    Shure lemme reroll into the game i quit merchant a 5 aps bm and deal with all the types of people i hate along with OP fish. just to smack one idiot.

Or, i could laugh at you on the forums.

Congratulations, you earnt the **** award. If you are such an expert. Come back, on a PvP server, and do it again. The fish aint so OP if you are as good as you make out and the people you hate are free for the throttling. You might even find it fun, rolling all these noobs b:sin
  • KasTing - Raging Tide
    KasTing - Raging Tide Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    At least I gave them a month b:scorn

I agree at least give them a month..to get to know other classes skill's and so that they know how to work together seriously. But my orginal point was ...that if its your first char..dont powerlevel ..how many times do i have to say it lol.I've already explained myself b:bye
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Congratulations, you earnt the **** award. If you are such an expert. Come back, on a PvP server, and do it again. The fish aint so OP if you are as good as you make out and the people you hate are free for the throttling. You might even find it fun, rolling all these noobs b:sin

Lol dont bring that pvp server self-imposed superiority here, its completely unwarranted
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

They really are if you cant figure out why then your not to bright (but we already know this)

Killing idiots is dull trite and old, from what i've seen average skill is roughly even (nonexistant) no matter what server your on.

gratz you just got added to the extensive list of people who are butthurt because a pve bm knew how to play the game better than they do and regressed into a "Pve NUBQQ" state of catatonic rage. Heres your t shirt try not to droll to much.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    b:sad OH noes, im getting ganked by.... pve'ers. Er, wha-?

**** it, just forget I said anything, if you think assassins are unbeatable, its your issue not mine. As for the PvE/PvP thing... Well, il let someone else fight that fight, I already know which side is best.

Also, il bring it all the way back again. At least im trying to learn something of how to play said char. Unlike your average PLevelled noob who cant time anything and refuses to learn at all.

Once again, I never said I was perfect at playing a BM, so shove it.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

**** it, just forget I said anything, if you think assassins are unbeatable, its your issue not mine. As for the PvE/PvP thing... Well, il let someone else fight that fight, I already know which side is best.

Also, il bring it all the way back again. At least im trying to learn something of how to play said char. Unlike your average PLevelled noob who cant time anything and refuses to learn at all.

I think if a sin one level higher than you stealths with no mobs or players near it, your not gonna see it. I think a sin can do over 20k damage from stealth in less than a second through marrow when played corectly and geared corectly. I think no other class in the game has the ability to do this or to counter this. Idiot sins die easy. Still cant see em. Ever.

Also no, your not perfect, your also not trying very hard to improve. Why do i say this? Your defending a point that was proven wrong years ago on an open forum because you talked to much and now have to try to trash your way out salvageing the shards of your little ego. Seriously. Instead of looking like a total ***, try saying "i was wrong" or if thats to much "i was missinformed", and then move on. Its fine nubbles (your an admited powerleveler face it this is the name ya get) everyone messes up. its only idiots who drag on flame wars over several pages while giveign no mathmatical proof or any real attempt to justify their statement that are scorned openly.
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    I think if a sin one level higher than you stealths with no mobs or players near it, your not gonna see it. I think a sin can do over 20k damage from stealth in less than a second through marrow when played corectly and geared corectly. I think no other class in the game has the ability to do this or to counter this. Idiot sins die easy. Still cant see em. Ever.

Also no, your not perfect, your also not trying very hard to improve. Why do i say this? Your defending a point that was proven wrong years ago on an open forum because you talked to much and now have to try to trash your way out salvageing the shards of your little ego. Seriously. Instead of looking like a total ***, try saying "i was wrong" or if thats to much "i was missinformed", and then move on. Its fine nubbles (your an admited powerleveler face it this is the name ya get) everyone messes up. its only idiots who drag on flame wars over several pages while giveign no mathmatical proof or any real attempt to justify their statement that are scorned openly.

Yo. One PLevelled char. My BM. Lets just make that clear.

also, im happy to be wrong, when someone can prove it without adding in factors that were not part of the original equasion.

Simplest way? Log on, screenie your damage on Holeen (Alone, with no other debuff help, while the boss is buffed) with HF and Glacial. Prove. Me. Wrong. Properly.

As for Sins, even the intelligent ones die with rediculous ease if you have the same level of defencive gear that they do offensive. Ive done, seen it AND had it happen to me. The problem with Assassins is the ease with which they obtain their power, not the power itself. also stealth is a bit OP, but isnt life a *****, Assassins can Assassinate.
  • _blood_rain - Sanctuary
    _blood_rain - Sanctuary Posts: 2,532 Arc User
    edited May 2011

also, im happy to be wrong, when someone can prove it without adding in factors that were not part of the original equasion.

Simplest way? Log on, screenie your damage on Holeen (Alone, with no other debuff help, while the boss is buffed) with HF and Glacial. Prove. Me. Wrong. Properly.

As for Sins, even the intelligent ones die with rediculous ease if you have the same level of defencive gear that they do offensive. Ive done, seen it AND had it happen to me. The problem with Assassins is the ease with which they obtain their power, not the power itself. also stealth is a bit OP, but isnt life a *****, Assassins can Assassinate.

WEll there was the math, there was intelligence,

And you resort to petty insults to back your arguments in the end when all is failing. So unable to carry on a civil argument D:

I see you have an incurable case of cranial rectosis. There was truthfully no use in replying, other than to express my sympathy for such a tragic ailment.
  • Joshcja - Sanctuary
    edited May 2011

your kinda special
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    edited May 2011
    your kinda special

Im going to take that how it wasnt meant and thank you greatly b:cute

Thank you! b:victory
  • NiightmareXz - Harshlands
    NiightmareXz - Harshlands Posts: 1,569 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Just gonna say DW pvp > HL pvp

Anyway, grats on derailing this thread into a BM/pve vs pvp server discussion o_O
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ˙buoɹʇs ǝq ןן,ı ʇɐɥʇ ɟןǝsʎɯ ןןǝʇ ı os
  • Silest - Sanctuary
    Silest - Sanctuary Posts: 816 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Because beating people's asses all day is totally the best! And there is no perfect BM..because they're BMs >_>.