Multiclienting/boxing: Want to have it raised to 3 each person?

2»

Comments

• Michael_Dark - Lost City
    Michael_Dark - Lost City Posts: 9,091 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The most I ever ran was 4 clients on one computer. Generally I only played on BM/Cleric... but it was nice to be able to open my own squad instances.

b:pleased

I have two internet connections and two computers. If I do decide to multi-client... (even if I play I no longer merch as I don't need coin any longer) they can't catch me.

I can't stand playing on a laptop though, so no worries. :p
    I post in forums. This one and others. That's why I post.
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Besides if i ran 3, my computer would slap the **** out of me

Lol same here... My pc is even being a pain with only just 2 sometimes... b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • ITzBugged - Lost City
    ITzBugged - Lost City Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I once had some disfunction and clicked plenty times to start game, so i had like 8clients on, and my pc crashed. b:laugh

Nah srsly 2 is fine, when goldprice gets a limit.
    If not I'd like to see 3 clienting allowed, so I can sell, farm and burn xD

Further I doubt ppl (cs'rs) leave it at 2client, I often saw personal shop and main charecter spammin worldchat xD

So even if you leave it on 2client, sum will open 3or more and wontget banished xD
    b:bye cheers b:victory

'cuz iTzBugged b:laugh
  • Abstractive - Archosaur
    Abstractive - Archosaur Posts: 1,232 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    2 is enough for any man.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Bodyguard for Secret Passage at your service, now accepting daily installments of just 2.5m for your leisure.
  • Congenial - Heavens Tear
    Congenial - Heavens Tear Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I know a a couple of players who run 6. One happily told me what he does with 6 windows. I think 4 were catshops - one mats, one herbs, one wines and another for packs or something? 1 for cleric to buff and 1 was his main of choice at that point.

Strangely, I still make more money than he did using AH. LOL. b:victory

But yes, my computer can nicely handle two windows soooooooo I guess I'm okay with that.
    Barbs played right are like celebrities, you are welcome in every party - Fistol (Raging Tide)
    You're a fantastic barb, and I'd go anywhere with you - Merria (Heavens Tear)

I'm a chick barb, and I'm proud of it. b:pleased
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    Tsukyini - Raging Tide Posts: 1,766 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    >.> this is the major problem with this game people are greedy as hell. they say you can have 2 accounts and now you feel you deserve more. i know alot of games that say you can only have 1 account period. your lucky pwi lets you have 2 logged in at the same time and yet even then your still not happy its sad how greedy the players of this game are lately. b:bye

The problem isn't necessarily a "gimme more" syndrome. Prior to this change, people with multiple computers could run as many accounts as they had computers, and as has already been mentioned, many people had developed a 3 character playstyle (myself included). Now, while something has been given to people with only one computer (the ability to run an extra client), something has been taken away from those who had become accustomed to multiboxing (not to be confused with multiclienting).

People like it when they're given stuff. People don't like it when you take stuff away from them.

Do you see the difference?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    What exactly got taken away? some people have multi-boxed while some didnt. Now each computer can have 2 clients. Those who are use to multi-boxing can still do so. They say 2 accounts per person but seriously how could anyone possibly tell whether its you running 2 accounts on 2 computers or someone in your household playing the 2nd computer with 2 clients.
  • KillinEye - Sanctuary
    KillinEye - Sanctuary Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I'd rather disable multiclient at all than raising it to 3.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    What exactly got taken away?

The ability for multiboxers to run as many accounts as they had computers to support.

some people have multi-boxed while some didnt. Now each computer can have 2 clients. Those who are use to multi-boxing can still do so.
    Those who previously multiboxed more than 2 accounts at once can no longer play in the way they were previously accustomed to.

They say 2 accounts per person but seriously how could anyone possibly tell whether its you running 2 accounts on 2 computers or someone in your household playing the 2nd computer with 2 clients.

I was honest when registering my accounts, and used my real information for all of them. Based on the matching names, it wouldn't be particularly hard for PWE to figure out if I had more than 2 of them online at once.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary
    _MonoxidE_ - Sanctuary Posts: 123 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The ability for multiboxers to run as many accounts as they had computers to support.

Players who have multiboxed in the past will still do so. 2 clients per pc. Nobody can possibly know whether its you playing both pc's or a friend/family member playing the 2nd pc. So I don't see what got taken away. Now maybe if they said 1 comp with 2 clients per household that would be different.
  • Tsukyini - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Players who have multiboxed in the past will still do so. 2 clients per pc. Nobody can possibly know whether its you playing both pc's or a friend/family member playing the 2nd pc. So I don't see what got taken away. Now maybe if they said 1 comp with 2 clients per household that would be different.

I edited my previous post to add in more, and now that's on the previous page so you might not have seen it.

People who multiboxed in the past didn't necessarily limit themselves to two accounts. Those who had more than two can now only have two online at once to avoid getting in trouble.

Also I'm pretty sure it's against the rules to let someone else use your account, so for people who used their real information with each account they set up, they still would be stuck to two. Either they risk getting in trouble for running the 3 or more they used to use, or they risk getting in trouble for claiming it's someone else on an account registered to them.

I'm sure for some people out there, the risk doesn't matter and they don't care if they get banned for it. But I personally have invested a nice chunk of money into my accounts, and I'm not going to knowingly break rules and risk losing them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Swannx - Archosaur
    Swannx - Archosaur Posts: 252 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Nobody gives a rats *ss about this rule, so changing it won't matter.
    edited May 2011
    Nobody gives a rats *ss about this rule, so changing it won't matter.

Some ppl do... Haven't you bin on the sticky? b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    The problem isn't necessarily a "gimme more" syndrome. Prior to this change, people with multiple computers could run as many accounts as they had computers, and as has already been mentioned, many people had developed a 3 character playstyle (myself included). Now, while something has been given to people with only one computer (the ability to run an extra client), something has been taken away from those who had become accustomed to multiboxing (not to be confused with multiclienting).

People like it when they're given stuff. People don't like it when you take stuff away from them.

Do you see the difference?

This is why I voted yes. I personally would only run two, as I think 3 would overwhelm my poor laptop (and most of my chars are on the same account anyway), but I have a close friend that put a lot of time and money into a 3 character playstyle. And he did not use it for constant farming and didn't set up loads of catshops or whatever PWI is so worried about. He ran his BHs with them, and he helped a lot of people with bosses and FBs and whatever they needed. But that is how he had fun in the game, and I don't see the harm in it. I see more harm in something being encouraged for *years* so that a person spends real money on it, and then that thing being taken away. And I see a lot more harm in a "ban first, ask later" policy.

I don't care personally if they raise multiclient to 3 or not. But I think the multiboxers should be allowed 3 back (guess it makes it only fair to do both).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842
    edited May 2011
    This is why I voted yes. I personally would only run two, as I think 3 would overwhelm my poor laptop (and most of my chars are on the same account anyway), but I have a close friend that put a lot of time and money into a 3 character playstyle. And he did not use it for constant farming and didn't set up loads of catshops or whatever PWI is so worried about. He ran his BHs with them, and he helped a lot of people with bosses and FBs and whatever they needed. But that is how he had fun in the game, and I don't see the harm in it. I see more harm in something being encouraged for *years* so that a person spends real money on it, and then that thing being taken away. And I see a lot more harm in a "ban first, ask later" policy.

I don't care personally if they raise multiclient to 3 or not. But I think the multiboxers should be allowed 3 back (guess it makes it only fair to do both).

+1... Totaly agree... This is also why I made this poll in the 1st place... b:victory But we do need more ppl to come in here and vote I think if we wanna make this work for them...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011

did your friend play all 3 at the same time on 1 computer? if he did he was breaking the rules if he was playing on 3 seperate computers then he was fine. pwi never encouraged anything when it comes to multi-boxing but they disencouraged multi-clienting.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Annalyse - Heavens Tear
    Annalyse - Heavens Tear Posts: 2,618 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    did your friend play all 3 at the same time on 1 computer? if he did he was breaking the rules if he was playing on 3 seperate computers then he was fine. pwi never encouraged anything when it comes to multi-boxing but they disencouraged multi-clienting.

If you actually read my post, I stated that I thought it should be given back to multiboxers and that I didn't care about the number for multiclienting.... so it is rather obvious, otherwise my whole argument is moot. And I have read threads in the past where mods and Spoons did indeed encourage multiboxing when people asked about it. Beyond just saying "that is fine, it is allowed," though really it makes no difference to me. It still was allowed, the money was spent funding a certain style of play, and now they want to take it away.

And yes, it is at their discretion to make changes to the ToS at any time, but I have actually been told by someone well-versed in law now that technically anyone that did put real cash into a playstyle like this would have grounds for legal action if they did continue to play and got banned (there was a very long explanation to go with it that I'm not going to write out here), despite that section of the ToS. I hope they keep that in mind when they hand out the bans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Annalyse (veno) - Melosa (cleric) - Glynneth (archer) - Pickerel (sin)
    Florafang (wiz) - RubixCube (barb) - Laravell (psy) - Diviah (Mystic)
    Torchwood (BM) - Sataea (Seeker) - Wystera (Sin) - Allissere (SB)

Looking for a mature faction on HT? pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=760842