Why do skills also cost coin?

Options
2»

Comments

• AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary
    AnimaBlanc - Sanctuary Posts: 555 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The end Destination is pretty much the same and equal to everyone, variety may be in a small few things, but regardless lvl 100 will be reached at some point, cause.. you know, everything has a goal.
    Or else lvl count would not have been necesairy.
    The journey from 1 through 100 however is to each his own.

A bunch of braindead idiots and a Lvl90 cleric asking: What's Ironheart? within a squad of people who actually play to play is a whole different issue.
    But then again, you have such bloodboiling people at work or at home too, which funny enough makes this whole point moot.
    All you need is something to believe in. -Solar_one. <-- <3 mah snoockums, mah hubby, mah eberyfing. :3

Lag; You think yours is bad ? It took Jesus 3 days to Respawn !
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "Current games aren't -games- anymore, just light shows operated by win buttons, lol."
    "ah sh*t, were gonna die!.... but it's still cool!" -INTMDATOR
  • _Nuriko_ - Lost City
    _Nuriko_ - Lost City Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    @Kinjeto

Butthurt much lol? Trying to boost your e-peen by proving you had no life? Playing pw-my and grinding out all that stuff make you feel like a boss? Lolol. Grow up, pwi has changed from even when i started playing. But every game does that. Even on Wow it's now stupidly simple to level. I don't think there is a single person today who has never entered frost(unless your brand new to the game and don't even have a chara 80+). Most people who entered just don't hyper the first time. My veno has stated is 84. 84 level's of guess what non frost. Before i quit her, all of it was grinded out doing quest and such.
    Ahira is a spyb:cryb:cryb:cry
  • jiq
    jiq Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Skills cost pixelmoney in many MMOs. I would tell you examples but PWE doesn't like it. xD
  • Waterfal - Sanctuary
    Waterfal - Sanctuary Posts: 2,723 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I do think skills cost a lot. However, if you could get all your skills for like.. no money at all..
    Then where's the fun of grinding to get your skills, and the feeling of accomplishment when you have your skills D:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks Silvychar for the awesome sig :3

Characters:
    waterfal - lvl 90 demon ferrari veno
    Hazumi_chan - lvl 9x sage seeker
  • Randamu - Harshlands
    Randamu - Harshlands Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

To put it in Malaysian terms: I did FBs, Cube, World Quest, Zhen Party, Wanteds and Punish the Ruffian and well as Hero's Quest.

No such thing in MY as Cube... Hive, as in BeeHive yes.
  • Yuniryu - Raging Tide
    Yuniryu - Raging Tide Posts: 516 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah skill cost lots of money on this game. But at least it doesn t require weeks of farming sp to get them in some games, and believe me that is much more annoying. Imagine farming for 1 month just to level up 3 skills, or getting like 1billion skill points. I must say i hate skill costing a lot of coin, but at the end of the day time wise its actually much faster then farming months for sp.

So yeah i will take the coin skills now. :D
    I may have not played perfect world in its grinding days but the last game i played is mad grinding, its heavy. I think at some point you have to grind 2billion exp, o.o no jokesb:shockedb:shocked and quests are bare minium. So leveling speed on this game doesnt bother me at all, shrugs i will take 1mil exp at level 70 over 60mil at level 70 anyday.b:pleased.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear
    Yuna_Sama - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,541 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Yeah skill cost lots of money on this game. But at least it doesn t require weeks of farming sp to get them in some games, and believe me that is much more annoying. Imagine farming for 1 month just to level up 3 skills, or getting like 1billion skill points. I must say i hate skill costing a lot of coin, but at the end of the day time wise its actually much faster then farming months for sp.

So yeah i will take the coin skills now. :D
    I may have not played perfect world in its grinding days but the last game i played is mad grinding, its heavy. I think at some point you have to grind 2billion exp, o.o no jokesb:shockedb:shocked and quests are bare minium. So leveling speed on this game doesnt bother me at all, shrugs i will take 1mil exp at level 70 over 60mil at level 70 anyday.b:pleased.

Yikes that does sound even worse... b:surrender
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Veno, Archer & Psychic on Heaven's Tear...
    Also a big fan of Final Fantasy, Kingdom Hearts, Star Ocean, "Tales of" games, Ys, Zelda, Pokemon & Anime...
    BigHearts member... f:grin
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

I think boogie can stand corrected in this one.

If boogiepanda 'grinded' like boogie says, he/she wouldn't be in Frost Walk City with me as demonstrated in this picture:

http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/12/e8/12e83dc0b82c42011c415477662bb0af1306183169.jpg

Condescending much? b:pleased

b:bye b:laugh

Care to explain what you were doing in a hyper leveling dungeon? That is boogiepanda level 97 Archer as listed on the party list. Sorry about the cash shop was looking at something. b:chuckle

Where in Boogie's post did she say that she does not use FC? She only responded to the topic question. I think someone is butthurt. QQmoar
  • Negreiros - Sanctuary
    Negreiros - Sanctuary Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Tibia did it first...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibia_(video_game)

decades ago
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] i have seen PW alive...it was awesome xD
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    Kinjeto - Raging Tide Posts: 564 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Where in Boogie's post did she say that she does not use FC? She only responded to the topic question. I think someone is butthurt. QQmoar

Nope I just find it interesting that someone would say "Oh but I exclusively grind and merchant" that's what it sounded like to me, amirite?. I'm sure you've seen lots of Boogies one line hit yawn-able wonders. Why would I feel degraded? I can pay my own way, I've proven with screenshots that I can grind + zhen + lure and I prove and carve my own way as well. I don't make attempts to downgrade other people just point out people's (forum troll's) flaws (ego **** 1 line try hard attempts). I put the screenshots to state my case for the characters I've created over the years. boogie certainly hasn't shown you any proof of grinding (I give it 2 days) but I certainly will. b:laugh

I post screenshots to 'back myself up' that I wouldn't bull **** people about where I am standing from and I don't like to troll people but, sometimes kids need to be shown where they stand. At the end of the day, everyone eventually gets the skills they want and there is more than enough coin to go around. Whether it be cash shop, merchant shop, TT/HH, Nirvana farming or quests whatever means you want to put your coin to an end.
    Time won't wake/make you wiser, but it will definitely wound you.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
    Are you kind of seeing what I'm saying. b:bye
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Oh dear, one CS from One dungeon? how fail he must be to step in frost once! (as you documented) Sorry for the troll post, but cramming your posts full of SS's that mean nothing is rather annoying and pointless.

I'd like to call out a couple of errors you've made in your deduction. You might like to look at my level and some of the gear I'm wearing and what exactly I am luring. If you're wearing **** 8x gear on 99 mobs. I'd like to see your level do it. Armor + level showing screenshot please? b:victory

Case in point #1
    Level 73 on 83 mobs with pretty **** gear.
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/98/28/982827b6ac51f736c4a13e549e61091a1303458500.jpg

Case in point #2:
    Level 81 on 99 mobs
    http://images-cdn.perfectworld.com/profile/8f/48/8f48f2c54386d9261de86be8137f11ed1303458794.jpg

Wonder if you ever AOE partied? But anyway having pretty **** gear basically says saving money for the good **** (or skill books/leveling up skills or that later and I can guarantee you I'll have most of my skills maxed on most characters before 86. Whether the skills be important or not important I don't care, all skills have their reason for being there. Oh and you might notice no crab meat and only normal hp pots as well.
    b i t . l y /
    I was a man of ideas and action, but at the same time a gentleman. -- S a Z T u R
    Subtly is never my strong point, but I like to find the gaps in walls and the cracks in bricks.
  • Quilue - Sanctuary
    Quilue - Sanctuary Posts: 5,787 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    It does make sense to keep a lot of your skills at lvl 1 in order to save coin and mp.
    Elena Costel: I wash my hands of this affair.
    Legerity: *drags you back* *stains your hands with said affair*
    Elena Costel: Noooo... I don't want to have a dirty affair with Lady Legerity...
    Qui: b:dirty
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Hehe Boogie got busted I guess... b:chuckle No matter... Everyone is free to give their opinions as long as it doesn't turn into a fight... No need to pretend... I'm pretty sure everyone here (secretly) enjoys the easy lvling ways at least sometimes these days like BH and FF's... So it's cool... Unless you go low enough to buy heads or something afcourse... b:victory

Speaking of which now you bring this up -- interesting story.

I go back to PW MY (April 2011) and I ask them what is the most horrid thing you hate about PW and the new items in the game and they're like to the -term-of-the-effect- "Utopia server used to have AOE grinding / Godless Valley / Crazy Stone / World Quest, FB / HH runs / etc and I'm like "What is the most ANNOYING thing you guys hate about the latest updates?"

They got Tideborn in 2010 Oct] and they're (MY players) are like (mind you they could of said anything -- this includes the messed up economy where you have to pay 1.4 billion for the Wings of the Cloudcharger, 800 million for orange mats for the TT weapons, gold botters, lack of updates, few more players than usual -- Cubizones behalf and the omnipresent lack of GM response from customer service + the 'older' bad forum which was probably slightly 3 times worser than here) they could of said or picked ANYTHING -- seriously

[ and some of these guys have been playing since probably before Nov 2007, Oh and these guys have higher tendency to Trophy Mode, if you will for their lunar cape or grind of that really cool helm in OHT Map 2 -- yes they still get the stuff out of packs but the rate is a bit different and there's one pack they get. Also note that... MY has been through about 2 server mergers has NO R9 whatsoever but has some R8]

But the one thing they said "Even though our server isn't as played on as much anymore and the game feels a lot slightly more dead but is still alive never the less, gold advertisers in all our main towns the one bloody thing is the FW and how fast people level with the Dreana Stone" and I'm like "What?" and they basically say "The lack of skillful players who can prove their worth by etching out an existence in-game through grinding.

"You might as well of put on easy mode for coin now as well as LEVELING." You have to remember these guys can BUY coin cause the other company even though it isn't strictly in the record its been fairly well noted by hyper-inflation in the game (Bar non DQ gold nerf and TW nerf until really late in the peace)

I suppose at least the MY players can be grateful that they get pack sales once ever 2 weeks I think it is but the packs cost one gold 'ZEN' [by your standards in here -- but they get more] if you will each not like here where you can get 18 gold for 50. The differences in game versions are status-quo mind bender, sure we had our fair share of troll in MY it was awesome. But here its just kids, its not children, its not mature young adults, its just k1dz. Know what I mean? It's like there is no substance. b:laugh

tl;dr the post if you want, but it's good for laugh.

b i t . l y /
  • Kinjeto - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No such thing in MY as Cube... Hive, as in BeeHive yes.

Beehive Adytum, sorry, for typo, if you will. Yes I make mistakes with the wording or would you prefer a list? (cause I work in two realms)

Nirvana -> Samsara
    Trophy Mode -> Success Mode
    Old Heavens Tear -> Chrono Valley (has been known to be referenced as Lunar)
    Warsong -> City Aramithya
    Twilight Temple -> Holy Hall
    Cube of Fate -> Beehive Adytum
    Frost City -> Frost Walk
    Delta and Gamma -> Godless Valley.

FB stays the same "Fu Bien" but did you know at one time it was known as "Fu Buster", meaning hiero / charm breaker or wreaker.

Oh and another thing, there used to be lots of people who had balls of steel who'd go into dungeons with non of the wine. Yes I know they're labelled like alcoholic beverages in MY.

Also another thing for those people who haven't been to said other version, they've got a lot of the classes abbreviations shortened so it makes life easier eg: Wizard -> MG (Mage)

Don't blink. I might mistake myself again.

b:chuckle
    b i t . l y /
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Not this isn't a QQ just wondering... I've played some MMORPG's the past few years including a few other from this company... But this realy is the 1st game where skills also cost coin instead of just spirit/skill points/whatever... And not just a little bit but a lot... No one can grind enough coin just in game to get all their skills up... Especialy not untill higher lvles... So that realy makes me wonder why it costs coin in the 1st place... There realy isn't any logic in it... Well feel free to share your thoughts about this and keep the posts nice and clean... b:cute

Trainers gotta feed their kids-- Spirit's nice and all, but it can only get them so far..
  • Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands
    Yuji_Sakai - Harshlands Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Nope I just find it interesting that someone would say "Oh but I exclusively grind and merchant" that's what it sounded like to me, amirite?. I'm sure you've seen lots of Boogies one line hit yawn-able wonders. Why would I feel degraded? I can pay my own way, I've proven with screenshots that I can grind + zhen + lure and I prove and carve my own way as well. I don't make attempts to downgrade other people just point out people's (forum troll's) flaws (ego **** 1 line try hard attempts). I put the screenshots to state my case for the characters I've created over the years. boogie certainly hasn't shown you any proof of grinding (I give it 2 days) but I certainly will. b:laugh

I post screenshots to 'back myself up' that I wouldn't bull **** people about where I am standing from and I don't like to troll people but, sometimes kids need to be shown where they stand. At the end of the day, everyone eventually gets the skills they want and there is more than enough coin to go around. Whether it be cash shop, merchant shop, TT/HH, Nirvana farming or quests whatever means you want to put your coin to an end.

Lies. Looking at this thread, you obviously spend too much time writing on the forums to have any time to actually play the game.