You want me to what?

Gigglesnort - Lost City
Gigglesnort - Lost City Posts: 220 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
When I got up to around 5x I had to pk a same lvl barb for kill stealing.
The next day he was in a random squad that I joined with my faction head.
He asked to be friends and I figured, sure why not.
Shortly after that I had to unfriend him because he was a leech.
Every time he saw that I was on he wanted 500k coin or some pots.
(i never gave him anything by the way)

The other day he found me. He was logged in on an alt and we got to talking for a minute.
He explained to me that he lost the gear off his main while pking without a safety lock and needed a few coin. I told him I was broke, and it was dropped there, so I thought.

He asked how I was doing and all that small talk bs. So I told him that I just finished getting my TT70 gears all put together.

Without hesitation he asked me to give them to him so that he could refine them before giving them back.

I thought to myself for a second about how **** he must think I am before telling him no.

And it got me to wonder about how many people have actually fallen for this type of thing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Gigglesnort - Lost City on

Comments

• Shulkie - Dreamweaver
    Shulkie - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,529 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    if you read the number of "i was scammed for being a nub" posts that appear every other week, then you will see that lots of people do fall for this kind of thing -

- "i like your mount/airgear/fashion/weapon/armor. I was thinking of buying that one can I try it to see how it looks on my character" seems to be a popular tack with the sort of scum that attempts this sort of theft.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There is no place in a perfect world for double entendre!
  • Airyll - Dreamweaver
    Airyll - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,882 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    There are plenty of people like this on the game and the sad thing is, plenty of people are dumb enough to fall for their blatantly obvious attempts at theft. They profit from these morons who give away their gear out of utter pity for the "poor ickle soul" who got **** or got PK'd or whatever excuse to come up with at the time and thus, they continue to do it.

Blacklist the guy and move on, it's as simple as that.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Boogiepanda - Raging Tide
    Boogiepanda - Raging Tide Posts: 4,682 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Men plz give me that barb name. Me want refine my Warsoul helm men. Whisp name in game men plz.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I will be frank to you and call him a total deadweight. I also feel he is quite the harasser.
    I hope you managed to shake him off.

Take care!
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~
  • Feito - Dreamweaver
    Feito - Dreamweaver Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Ha... This is why I don't mess around with randoms too often. They usually end up scammers, leeches, or mutes. During my earlier days, I often ran into leeches. Everybody wants a personal Cleric so I'd get people who'd chat me up then ask one of these magic questions, "So what quest are you doing now?" or "Hey could you help me with _____?" The last time I dealt with a friendslist leech I had to tell her off because she never did anything herself.

What I find surprising about people who give to these leeches and scammers is how they don't use common sense to avoid these things. Even if you don't play games, why would you give your stuff to somebody you don't know.
    InStyle is the greatest faction on Dreamweaver! b:victory
    Feito is...
    [x] Still a LA Cleric
    [x] in possession of a BURNING TIGER SPIRIT b:angry
    [x] Sipping some F--KING tea
    [ ] Totally KICKASS
    [ ] Extremely wealthy
    I've got some ways to go!
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    if you read the number of "i was scammed for being a nub" posts that appear every other week, then you will see that lots of people do fall for this kind of thing -

- "i like your mount/airgear/fashion/weapon/armor. I was thinking of buying that one can I try it to see how it looks on my character" seems to be a popular tack with the sort of scum that attempts this sort of theft.
    At least I haven't seen anybody try the, "Give me your password and I'll organize your inventory." scam yet.
    There are plenty of people like this on the game and the sad thing is, plenty of people are dumb enough to fall for their blatantly obvious attempts at theft. They profit from these morons who give away their gear out of utter pity for the "poor ickle soul" who got **** or got PK'd or whatever excuse to come up with at the time and thus, they continue to do it.

Blacklist the guy and move on, it's as simple as that.
    I find it sad that there are both people who do this and people who fall for it.
    I will be frank to you and call him a total deadweight. I also feel he is quite the harasser.
    I hope you managed to shake him off.

Take care!
    I was actually surprised to hear from him the other day. I unfriended him months ago and hadn't heard from him sense. Well, until he saw me hanging at the AH that is.
    Ha... This is why I don't mess around with randoms too often. They usually end up scammers, leeches, or mutes. During my earlier days, I often ran into leeches. Everybody wants a personal Cleric so I'd get people who'd chat me up then ask one of these magic questions, "So what quest are you doing now?" or "Hey could you help me with _____?" The last time I dealt with a friendslist leech I had to tell her off because she never did anything herself.

What I find surprising about people who give to these leeches and scammers is how they don't use common sense to avoid these things. Even if you don't play games, why would you give your stuff to somebody you don't know.
    I hardly do anything with randoms anymore. I either do things with my faction mates or alone. It's mostly alone now that me and my mates are on different schedules. And I find it so true that everyone wants a personal cleric. I can't do anything in the open world without getting squad invites or friend requests every ten minutes.

I too am surprised that there are people that fall for this, either in game or irl.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReMakaBo - Archosaur
    ReMakaBo - Archosaur Posts: 845 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Lol epic name "gigglesnort" b:chuckle
    re
  • Gigglesnort - Lost City
    edited May 2011
    Lol epic name "gigglesnort" b:chuckle
    Why thank you.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Alasen - Heavens Tear
    Alasen - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,874 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I've actually done that a few times... wanting to see fashion the way it actualy looked (that preview window's a bit tiny... thing's actually do look better (or easier to see everything) actually ON you. guy's full black shinobi male set... couple others... hell even tried out a boreas skylight once. but see here's the difference.... I'm not a d**k... i dont' steal ****, ever lol.

Btw the shinobi fash was on a guy in our faction, but the rest wasn't.

but ya I've run into complete randoms askign to "borrow" **** too.... it's unreal. Hell not exactly borrowing stuff but i killed luminoc for a guy last week. You know what i got instead of a thank you? "Can I have 200k?" >.< I then proceeded to make him look like a total idiot in front of the other 10 people there.
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    lol i remember when someone pmed me and wanted to buy my mount he said he had his lock on so if i mailed him the mount he would mail me 5 mill back i was like ummm lol b:laugh
  • MikaMouse - Heavens Tear
    MikaMouse - Heavens Tear Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    _Bad_Panda_ is another character name thats bad about useing people and lieing to still your things.. Just a FYI he's a big time scam/thief and hacker!And no he/she did'nt take me for nothing!.And he has a brother i hear that plays this little game with him to rip people off tho i've yet to find out his suppose to be brothers name,more then likely it's the same person!. b:laugh He did however get my little sister(all of 14 years old),no worries he wont do it again to her anyways!He also has a few accounts on this game and other PWI games and does the same on them aswell....People like him are just sicking!Theyer broke as a joke and just rip people off..So yeah thats all i have to say about that _______!

b:laugh

PS. I WELL PUT YOUR NAME OUT THERE 4 ALL TO SEE,YA FREAKS AND RIP OFFS MAKE ME SICK!SO WHOEVER _Bad_Panda_ is please have the B___'s to post here and say it was'nt you and i'll post the screen shoots she took when she beged you to give her her things back! O.O
  • Rheaunna - Raging Tide
    Rheaunna - Raging Tide Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Gosh, I've stopped and told characters I liked their mount or their gear and wondered why they would just turn around and leave without responding. No wonder! I feel so bad that I've done this not knowing people are out there trying to scam others. This is terrible. I am never going to do that again.

Rheauna
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Snip to lighten the edit jobs the mods will obviously be having to do.

*Golf Clap* Congrats. You just broke forum rules about naming and shaming, one of the lovely mods will be by to edit your post shortly.

I have no sympathy for you or your sister. Report scamming, and actually WATCH WHAT YOU DO.

No wonder so many people get into serious car wrecks... "Oh, I'm sorry, I thought that tree was part of the highway!"
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    *Removed* is another character name thats bad about useing people and lieing to still your things.. Just a FYI he's a big time scam/thief and hacker!And no he/she did'nt take me for nothing!.And he has a brother i hear that plays this little game with him to rip people off tho i've yet to find out his suppose to be brothers name,more then likely it's the same person!. b:laugh He did however get my little sister(all of 14 years old),no worries he wont do it again to her anyways!He also has a few accounts on this game and other PWI games and does the same on them aswell....People like him are just sicking!Theyer broke as a joke and just rip people off..So yeah thats all i have to say about that _______!

b:laugh

PS. I WELL PUT YOUR NAME OUT THERE 4 ALL TO SEE,YA FREAKS AND RIP OFFS MAKE ME SICK!SO WHOEVER _Bad_Panda_ is please have the B___'s to post here and say it was'nt you and i'll post the screen shoots she took when she beged you to give her her things back! O.O

Naming and shaming is against the ToS and you can get banned for it if i were you i would remove his name from your post unless you want to be banned.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.