Defence vs HP

Options
OlieTheKing - Lost City
OlieTheKing - Lost City Posts: 117 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Archer
Just had a new thought about defence gems, from the impression ive had people kindof think they suck vs HP, but what about when it comes to our shell? if you have a butt load of defence from rank 9 gear and imbue even more defence, surely our shell would be very OP ( especially combined with our anti stun to reduce damage by a further 30%)? Just a thought...
Post edited by OlieTheKing - Lost City on

Comments

• Fleuri - Sanctuary
    Fleuri - Sanctuary Posts: 1,763 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Just had a new thought about defence gems, from the impression ive had people kindof think they suck vs HP, but what about when it comes to our shell? if you have a butt load of defence from rank 9 gear and imbue even more defence, surely our shell would be very OP ( especially combined with our anti stun to reduce damage by a further 30%)? Just a thought...

Yes, that does help, a small bit.

Evasion works rather well with winged shell, also. And, demons are set up to take advantage with this: they have a good evasion buff and they can get a new shell every six seconds in melee range (if we they are not stunned or sealed or asleep).

But you'll be needing to stack a lot of damage reduction up with the defense gems to take a 6k hit and turn it into something where the shell lasts for two hits.

Edit: You might also want to consider creation stones.
  • Aeroboi - Heavens Tear
    Aeroboi - Heavens Tear Posts: 63 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Personally im going Def over HP. since it will be more easy to heal, i never thought about it like you just said. but ill be using JoSD, and after the Best Def with Ornaments,

But having High HP Is still good, theres more Meat between Ticks and you can sit there and take a beating, so eh idk. but im going Def
  • Channman - Lost City
    Channman - Lost City Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    i was thinking about puting hp in most my gear and a few def shards in like my cape and boots or something