DDoS: the return of the revenge ? D:

Options
Asthariel - Dreamweaver
Asthariel - Dreamweaver Posts: 498 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
Omg x_x I was in a Delta right now, and now it seems all the East Coast servers are down... the all show no ping while West Coast ones do... would it be the return of DDoS attack ?
Post edited by Asthariel - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• BeingSpencer - Raging Tide
    BeingSpencer - Raging Tide Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Would seem so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Unchallenged, Cool Story Bro.
  • Namari - Dreamweaver
    Namari - Dreamweaver Posts: 598 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Nope, just you...me and my fiance was able to get on first try. b:victory
    Censorship is the bane of creativity. Censorship is the bane of personality. Most of all...censorship is the bane of identity.

My main is Ivy_. I'm better known as Destini. Also known as _Yvi. Yes, I have an identity crisis. b:chuckle

Looking for a signature for this character. Wanna make me one?
  • Tiageos - Sanctuary
    Tiageos - Sanctuary Posts: 266 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    If you did bother to look around just a little bit before posting, you would find several other threads covering this. It has been determined that it is an overloaded border router in New York that is a couple of hops before you get to the PWI East coast servers.

It's not an attack.

It's not the server.

There really is nothing that either you, or PWE can do about it.
  • Rawrgh - Raging Tide
    Rawrgh - Raging Tide Posts: 6,790 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ever since those recent attacks whenever the sever shows any signs of instability everyone immediately assumes it's DDoS attacks.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "My understanding of women only goes as far as the pleasure. When it comes to the pain, I'm like any other bloke - I don't want to know."
  • SashaGray - Heavens Tear
    SashaGray - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,765 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The internet is falling!!! The internet is falling!!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • KennyPowers - Raging Tide
    KennyPowers - Raging Tide Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I was gonna blame it on Osama but...
  • Tricannon - Dreamweaver
    Tricannon - Dreamweaver Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    OMG ITS THE START OF THE 2012 APOCOLYPSE THE WORLD IS COMMING TO A END THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED....but no srsly its not a DDoS bro. if we were to get DDoS'd again then not only pwi forums but FW/ESO/the other PWE hosted games forums would be flaring up about it. dont assume DDoS till someone from PW staff says so.
    If I sound like I hate you, please don't take it personally...chances are I actually do.
  • Mor_Toran - Sanctuary
    Mor_Toran - Sanctuary Posts: 457 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Ever since those recent attacks whenever the sever shows any signs of instability everyone immediately assumes it's DDoS attacks.

Hell it's not even the server showing the instability and they blame the server. Their virus scanner starts a scan, their system slows down, and they blame the server. Or sometimes the client.b:chuckle
    "No matter how subtle the wizard, a knife between the shoulder blades will seriously cramp his style." - Steven Brust, Yendi

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Yeah, I'm that good. b:chuckle
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    No server issues yet this morning, but thanks for reporting.
This discussion has been closed.