[Server Maintenance Tonight] 5-17-2011 [COMPLETE]

1235»

Comments

• frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    frankie, when will we finally be able to toggle off system messages, if ever? I, and many others, am tired of seeing them. It seriously needs to end.

There are currently no plans to allow the option to turn off system messages.

Keep in mind that this channel is used not only for item/gear announcements, but also for important GM announcements like maintenance warnings, emergency messages, and the beloved "On this day" broadcast which has transformed into a national overnight sensation.
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Keep in mind that this channel is used not only for item/gear announcements, but also for important GM announcements like maintenance warnings, emergency messages, and the beloved "On this day" broadcast which has transformed into a national overnight sensation.

so it's used for both toxic garbage spam AND mildly interesting trivia. that's not a reason to make it all obligatory reading for everybody, it's an argument for trashing the lot and figuring out some real way to disseminate the moderately interesting bits that aren't toxic spam.

i'd suggest the left-to-right scrolling marquee in the top center of the game window, the same one that's used for announcing (e.g.) jungle ruins winners and such. there's no way to turn that off either, but yet it only gets some and not all of the red spam. leave that one compulsory, let us turn off the red spam.

seriously, that way i might some day regain some awareness of what's said in the system channel. as it is, by now, i have my vision centers fairly well trained to not even see anything that's shaped like letters but colored red. i notice the spam because it scrolls the interesting chat i actually want to read, out of the chat window; but i no longer consciously read what the red spam says --- whether it's "important" or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    If it's red, I totally ignore it. I only noticed a GM announcement because someone said something about it in faction chat. >_>

You could announce that the Mafia is after me via System announcement, and I wouldn't see it, because I ignore the red text. In fact, it doesn't even matter, because it would get scrolled so fast by duke, I wouldn't see it anyway even if I was reading the red text.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011

Wait...did frankie necro a thread just to post a line of bull****?
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Wait...did frankie necro a thread just to post a line of bull****?

No, it wasn't a necro. It's only a necro if its more than 30 days and the mods don't agree with what you said, otherwise it's ok.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • Escorian - Dreamweaver
    Escorian - Dreamweaver Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited May 2011

b:shocked where and when are these broadcasts?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ty Nowitsawn

Everything has its beginnings, but it doesn't start at one. It starts long before that... The world is born From zero. The moment zero becomes one is the moment the world springs to life. One becomes 2. 2 becomes 10. 10 becomes 100. taking it all back to one solves nothing. so long as zero remains... One.. Will eventually grow to 100 again.
  • Xarathox - Dreamweaver
    Xarathox - Dreamweaver Posts: 1,657 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    b:shocked where and when are these broadcasts?

There hasn't been one in 2 years.

As soon as anni. packs came out, GMs stopped logging in game.
    Some people risk to employ me

Some people live to destroy me

Either way they die
  • RainbowVidel - Sanctuary
    RainbowVidel - Sanctuary Posts: 1,316 Arc User
    edited May 2011

I don't mind the maint warnings, emergency messages, etc. It's those freakin "Duke shouts" that I don't want to see again (any many others will agree as well). WE DON'T CARE WHO ACQUIRED WHAT.

b:angry

You guys turned them off completely once before... so why not do it again and make sure it stays off regardless of future patch changes?
  • Rubblemancer - Sanctuary
    Rubblemancer - Sanctuary Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    WE DON'T CARE WHO ACQUIRED WHAT.

You guys turned them off completely once before... so why not do it again and make sure it stays off regardless of future patch changes?

Can't we just take away Duke's supply of world horns? He could just shout in local, that would help people find him when they need, too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Thanks to Silvy for the awesome sig!
  • LenieClarke - Heavens Tear
    LenieClarke - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,275 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Can't we just take away Duke's supply of world horns? He could just shout in local, that would help people find him when they need, too.

this is the best suggestion i've heard all week. enthusiastically seconded!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Heaven's Tear alts: KenLubin, Sou_Hon, JudyCaraco --- level 5x chars.
  • Lesthar - Heavens Tear
    Lesthar - Heavens Tear Posts: 3,045 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I don't mind the maint warnings, emergency messages, etc. It's those freakin "Duke shouts" that I don't want to see again (any many others will agree as well). WE DON'T CARE WHO ACQUIRED WHAT.

*Sets own seal of approval on this post*
    Maintenance time. Please choose a line:
    - When is it over? OMG I need my fix!! *super spazzing*
    - Fix the damn bugs, dammit! I'm so angry! I'll quit!!
    - New codes out there? I like free stuff~ *wink*
    - When will we get new content? QQ
    - Will we get sales? I got a ton of gold to spend.
    - I'm bored, I'll create a useless thread to annoy Opkorock.
    - *Incessant poking on Sweetiebot* Fun~