Sage DB

Options
Lenestro - Sanctuary
Lenestro - Sanctuary Posts: 490 Arc User
edited May 2011 in Wizard
someone told me i'd neevr get into a delta squad if i got it. is that true? is it better now that the seekers can hold aggro from the wiz?
Post edited by Lenestro - Sanctuary on

Comments

• Adroit - Lost City
    Adroit - Lost City Posts: 4,628 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    someone told me i'd neevr get into a delta squad if i got it. is that true? is it better now that the seekers can hold aggro from the wiz?

the stun draws alot of aggro, it's definitely not an ideal skill for GV (I've heard of people taking off their weapons and still holding aggro b/c of the stun). That said, out of pure boredom (I leveled 90-100 almost entirely off GV), I've completed runs without opening DB at all (all ultis).. so its not that big a deal. With the gear available today and a little common sense, it shouldn't be a problem finishing all your cultis even with sage DB. I still don't have the book.. because it is never in AH, but its still on my list for books I want to learn (I have everything except dragons breath and glacial embrace D:). It's not exactly our most used skill or anything.. sage version isn't great for GV, but any party booting you because you have it isn't worth going with anyway. People get so elitist when it comes for the classes in a gv squad.. its ridiculous. I've made it through GV with 5 man parties, often times without barbs, without bms.. hell I saw a video with like 5 wizards and a cleric (or 6 wizards.. I forget now) finish an entire gv.. the instance isn't as hard as people make it sound.
    Youtube Channel: youtube.com/user/D2VeT/videos?flow=grid&view=0
    Current gear: pwcalc.com/6ab2893fbfb080a8
    [SIGPIC]http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=684hgk&s=5[/SIGPIC]
  • Fistol - Raging Tide
    Fistol - Raging Tide Posts: 260 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

whatever adroit said..

never is a harsh word, after all who is going to know you have it.. if you dont use it? b:laughb:laugh
    Fist Wizard ~ Truely Unique
    Going for
    Build : pwcalc.com/8b326a9b66b300af
    While waiting
    Build : pwcalc.com/c879da9e1aad795c
    HA Melee (Pre99)-> LA Claw (99+)-> LA Claw+Magic (101)
  • Koiz - Sanctuary
    Koiz - Sanctuary Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

Maybe back in the day yeah they wouldnt take you if you had sage DB, these days not many people are as picky about it. I've had sage DB for a while now and have no issue what so ever getting squads for GV. as for a seeker holding aggro over me nope wiz is still the aggro **** in the bunch the stun on DB resets the mobs to you regardless. Like one run I was on was me and the seeker a r8 seeker at that and he was trying his best to get aggro from me in vortex while spamming alpha every chance he got and didnt work so well for him xD

If you can get the book do learn it, least in my exp in GV with sage DB have usually been good, there is always the odd barb who doesnt know how to play decently and even being unarmed can get u killed in those cases >.<
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shevanel: cos it' amazing
    Koiz: do u smack ur junk around to it too?
    Koiz: is it like that amazing?
    Shevanel: Just imagining T-Pains grill on my **** gets me off
  • Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear
    Mortal_Kiss - Heavens Tear Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

I don't recommend to learn it until you have all your cultivation done. BH 100 till way 3 is not bad with sage DB, but another waves can be difficult.
  • tweakz
    tweakz Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    The squads I've been in lately end up letting my wiz tank (while i start swapping phys ornaments / vit equips on). I'm thinking that if I have to tank anyway, I may as well reduce some damage with stuns.
    Be kind: Help the GMs to depopulate the servers.
  • Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary
    Scorched_Sky - Sanctuary Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I have everything except dragons breath and glacial embrace D:

D: Those are like...the only 2 good books I have!
    Didn't learn DB yet, but it's rotting in bank.

Trade you db/glacial embrace for all your skills ;D
  • Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver
    Alex_Gantz - Dreamweaver Posts: 468 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Now a days people get surprised when they see the BIDS or Blade tempest... or even worst.. when they see a Wizard b:surrender
  • Menarin - Dreamweaver
    Menarin - Dreamweaver Posts: 85 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    the stun draws a lot of aggro, it's definitely not an ideal skill for GV (I've heard of people taking off their weapons and still holding aggro b/c of the stun).

^This happens to me all the time. I don't even have rank 8 (because of lvl req) and I'm holding aggro. If you get it, be prepared to tank everything. I suggest investing heavily into as much +phys def ornaments as you can and refining your gear to at least +4 or +5 for the extra HP.
    That said, out of pure boredom (I leveled 90-100 almost entirely off GV), I've completed runs without opening DB at all (all ultis).. so its not that big a deal.

^This is how I currently do it since I failed and got Sage DB.
    I still don't have the book.. because it is never in AH, but its still on my list for books I want to learn.

^I just sold 4 of them on the DW server lol sucks you cant find it for w/e reason. Im still looking for SB and FB
    Our time is coming, we cannot be stopped, soon the time of the wizard will be upon us and all shall know and fear us. we are a magical army of wizardry and death, cold and emotionless, we carry out our tasks without a conscience.
    ~Fiorrello_ - Raging Tide

^Wow he has no life.
    ~Menarin - Dreamweaver
This discussion has been closed.