Zvyn - Heavens Tear
Zvyn - Heavens Tear Posts: 71 Arc User
edited August 2011 in Dungeons & Tactics
What you will need:
HP/MP Pots
Crafted Apothecary
Buffs

Squad Build:
You can go with a full squad or with a friend. You will need a decent tank, preferably one with multiple aoes and good HP/defs. A cleric is optional if you’re confident of your soloing abilities. Mystics and Venos should be able to solo on their own with their pets. Magic classes (excluding clerics and those previously mentioned) will need a tank or to 1v1. Archers and sins will have trouble soloing (particularly at the boss).

Mobs:
For the 45-59 range there are two sets of physical mobs and one magical. At L49 (as a BM with full buffs) I got hit for about 90 damage on the physical ones and about 55-60 with Physical Marrow. All of the mobs will agro and come to you, makes it easy to pull for aoe. A clean aoe will be impossible if you don’t have a cleric. I suggest groups of 5-6 of the physical mobs. You’ll need to avoid the magical mobs, which are level 60 and range stun.

Pots:
Obviously if you go without a cleric you are going to need some. I went in under-prepared. If you aren’t wearing charms, I suggest the HP/MP regeneration pots, Flourish Orb if you’re high enough for it otherwise the single sets will work just as well. If you can’t afford the lowest level HP jiaozi (recovers 2500 HP) then you might want to take a few of the Apothecary that recover large amounts of HP. You can look here to see what you might want to take as well.

2011-05-1611-05-28-1-1-1.jpg

The mobs that look like Eldergoths are the physical mobs. I didn’t get a clear shot at one of the magic mobs, but there were two in that room. They are blue-ish in color and look a little like the Florafang lady except with no legs. I’ll add a picture of them when I go back another time. She will range magic and stun. She stuns more than she attacks.

For the veno/mystic classes, please use caution. If you aren’t sure of your pet’s ability to tank multiple targets, thin the crowd a little bit. For squads that have reached the 59 culti, you could very well set up a Zhen/FF type squad and have fun aoeing whole rooms. The only problem you might encounter are the stuns.

I wasn't able to make it very far, didn't have enough time for it. So when I can complete the entire dungeon I'll add more information.
Post edited by Zvyn - Heavens Tear on

Comments

• Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    2011-05-1715-18-44-1.jpg
    That's the magic mob. There's one to about every fifteen of the physical mobs, roughly.

I went today with my cleric's hubby on his seeker. We aoe'd batches of 5+, our largest draw might have been eight or more. We made it to the boss in the back. While I had the better defenses he had the better HP and ended up tanking.

The apothecary items we took were physical/magical defense pots, which we don't recommend doing, and HP recovery pots. He took Dark Green Orb (recovers 6000 HP) and I took Orb of Vibrating Light (recovers 4000 HP). We didn't use as many of them as we thought we would, of course I did make thirty or more of the HP and defense pots.

2011-05-1715-47-25-1.jpg

2011-05-1715-49-42-1.jpg

2011-05-1715-49-17-1.jpg
    A face only a mother could love.

Do not be deceived by the "32" in the picture. I have about 3.4k-3.5k HP buffed (sage tiggy) with L40 gears and about 6k physical defense (give or take). He was hitting me for 320 whenever marrow dropped off and 200 something with it on. He hits like a sin, frequently. Squishy classes will not be able to solo this boss without a tank. Between the two of us we got ~4.5k exp for killing him.

This is for PV 45-59.
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited May 2011
    PV 60-74

Once again my friend and I tried soloing this as soon as we hit 60. I might have been a little over zealous (and paid for it), but if you intend to solo it do small pulls or 1v1. Once you get higher in levels you can do larger draws with few problems. However, if you have a cleric and a full squad starting right at 60 shouldn't be too much of a problem.

My friend and I are going to wait a few more levels before trying this again. I do have some pictures though! The general melee mobs are L65 and L70. The magic mob is L75. The magic mob doesn't stun, it seals. If you go in at L60 to do this one, as a BM, it really hurts to kill the magic mob. Most of the time it will do melee damage, but the magic attack hits me for 1.1-1.5k damage.

2011-05-2711-21-35-1.jpg

This is your nemesis the magic mob. We believe the ratio of magic mobs:melee mobs is higher in this dungeon. If you're familiar with the Elf FB19 dungeon you know about the little zigzag area. There is a small room with about six or seven of these in there and maybe the same number of melee mobs. We kill just enough to get by because they are evil to kill the lower the level of the character.

2011-05-2711-21-32-1.jpg

This picture contains the magic mob and the melee mobs. They are kind of hard to see.

*Note* This dungeon follows the design up the Elf FB19. The PV45-59 dungeon is designed after the Human FB19.
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    My friend and I did a full run of PV60-74 yesterday. We had fun, but it hurt. He told me afterwards he lost 300k on his charm from tanking the boss. We ran the entire instance in about 45 minutes.

2011-05-3114-53-23-1.jpg

These bosses do not usually have too much HP, but they tend to be like other instance bosses with ridiculously good defenses.

2011-05-3115-00-40-1.jpg

This one really is UGLY... and mean.

2011-05-3115-01-04-1.jpg

You see that glow on the floor and the fairy dust around him? Watch out for that. It means he's channeling for a magic attack. At L62 the seeker took about 1.5k damage per each magic attack. I did my best with Shadowless Kick to interrupt, but the cool down was too long. If you have a genie Lightning Chaser would be good to have to help with this boss.

2011-05-3115-10-59-1.jpg

The fruits of our efforts yielded about 15% in exp gain. That is with only two people in the squad and using the training scrolls to milk it for all it was worth. Hypers are not worth it since you are rarely in there for more than 30-45 minutes depending on how good your group is. As it is you will have a pretty bad bill from repairs, charm cost, apothecary cost (if you don't farm your own apoth items), and HP/MP pot costs.
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    PV75-84

Elf FB19 dungeon set up again. This is where the levels of the mobs essentially reverses. The magic mob is the same on from the PV60-74, Equine Shade, and is the same level from that dungeon (L75).

2011-06-0711-31-20-1.jpg

The "lupine" mobs are your melee mobs. They are L80/85. I ran this with my sin and the hubby's cleric. Fully buffed (minus BM buff) my sin took 300+ in damage. My sin is also L84, so it shouldn't have been too hard, but clearing was a pain. We didn't finish this dungeon. We are waiting until our BM and Seeker get up to speed to run it.

2011-06-0711-37-51-1.jpg

Since it was taking forever to make any head-way I did shadow walk ahead to see the boss. There it is. We didn't kill it so I can't tell you anything special about it. I will update when we get around to him again. He is L85 and I'm sure he is going to be every bit as mean as the previous boss (if not meaner).

2011-06-0711-37-54-1.jpg

Doesn't look like much... right?

Update: Ran this with a squad the other day. It does a whirlpool type motion when it is channeling it's magic attack. I got hit for about 2k (just over that) when it did the magic attack and about 500 or so for melee damage. Eventually the wizard in our squad started tanking. The cleric had BB up so that helped.

PV95+ (or is it just 90+?) follow Untamed FB19

My cleric and her hubby (L100 sage barb) tried running this one. Everyone knows barbs aren't the best DDs, but it was ridiculous. The magic mob is L95 (and scared the **** out of me the first time I saw it). It is very easy for a cleric to solo them but then again my cleric is L99. The melee mobs are L100/105. We gave up on this one because it was taking us forever to finish. A good DD tank (like a bm) or maybe a seeker would be a good idea. If you plan on taking a barb for this one, it would be wise to have a third wheel for extra DD damage. Once I killed magic mobs we could do draws of about 15-20 mobs and I would set up BB. It would have been fine if we'd had another aoe DD with us. I can't tell you about the boss, we didn't feel like going that far without a DD or two.
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Forums limit me to five images per post... These are the pictures from the PV95+.

2011-06-0710-46-46-1.jpg

The lesser of the two melee mobs.

2011-06-0710-46-42-2.jpg

They look grumpy.

2011-06-0710-52-57-1.jpg

Gigantor magic mobs. I think they have wood element. Oh! A note about these guys. They have a mid-range aoe.
  • Kittsuko - Sanctuary
    Kittsuko - Sanctuary Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    Thanks for the guide. I have only done PV once during my 40s. Would love to try it but it is kinda rare to find people setting up for them.
  • im2cool4usothere
    im2cool4usothere Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2011
    thanks
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited June 2011
    Update on PV 95+

Ran it with a BM buddy not too long ago.

Here's the boss...

2011-06-1019-59-14-2.jpg

Sorry I didn't get a better shot. My friend was in a bit of a hurry. This PV is short but jam packed with mobs. That boss is like Toad boss (SoT) and Peachblossom (Abba). It does multiple damage aoes and mana drain. I can't remember if it does interrupt, I think it does.

2011-06-1019-59-14-1.jpg

Beautiful indeed...
  • deusapvp
    deusapvp Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2011
    Image of 85-94 boss mode?

thanks
  • Viper_girl - Heavens Tear
    Viper_girl - Heavens Tear Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    So I went into PV 85+ for the first time as a 90 Veno with Herc. After a couple of semi squad wipes due to two different "fail" Seekers. One of which ran off with a bunch of Crabmeat I gave him. ("Oh, I can't tank, my hp is too low, I'm a DD seeker. Bye." and thanks for the pots sucker b:angry)

The squad ended up with me, a cleric and an archer who was AFK most of the time.

Well to make a long story short, I found I could tank multiple mobs quite well (10+) with my Herc. If I kept away and allowed the Reflect to build up aggro I could even start healing the Herc without hitting every single mob in turn with the Herc.

The only thing is that I couldn't use my AOEs much so it was very slow going.

Anyway I was wondering if any Venos had better techniques when a decent Barb or Seeker isn't available but we have a cleric and AOE DDs. I'm thinking I could lure into a BB/zhen either with Herc or Foxform.

Has anyone tried this? Any other ideas?
  • Zvyn - Heavens Tear
    edited August 2011
    deusapvp wrote: »
    Image of 85-94 boss mode?

thanks

I don't have anyone in that range. I didn't think they had that one up, but I'll pop my sin up a level and get it put up for you.
    The only thing is that I couldn't use my AOEs much so it was very slow going.

Anyway I was wondering if any Venos had better techniques when a decent Barb or Seeker isn't available but we have a cleric and AOE DDs. I'm thinking I could lure into a BB/zhen either with Herc or Foxform.

Has anyone tried this? Any other ideas?

A BM would be your next best bet as a tank. If you have a "decent" one (meaning actual HP for tanking 10+ mobs) then they can run around and gather up a collection and start aoeing. If you have a cleric with you so much the better because then they can open with Heaven's Flame. I tend to solo my own PVs just because I can't get a squad together nor do I really like having five or more people sucking up the exp.

As to the veno technique... The best thing I can suggest is try to get your herc to land a hit or two on each mob. This works better if your herc has bash. A while back I gave that up on my veno for the HP buff, so I'm stuck with sucky damage + the bramble skill he's got. When I still had bash and aoed Rockenwolves I generally waited until I got him to hit most of the mobs at least once and then would use Noxious Gas, kiting until he grabbed the ones that didn't have a good agro on him, wait a little bit and then try again. The veno wasn't really made for aoeing. We have two caster aoes and two or three foxform aoes.

The zhen idea isn't bad. If you're not squishy it might be better to pull in foxform, this works better if you've passed Celestial Cultivation at 89. No matter which path you chose the L4 Fox Form will give you a better defense. Of course, if you're sure your herc won't get killed if you pull in fifteen mobs, that is likely safer. The only trouble I see with the Zhen set up is you generally have one DD who does more damage than the others and has all the agro. There isn't exactly a way to stand on rocks or float in the air like a Zhen squad can outside.