Shandaar's Signature Thread!

Shandaar - Dreamweaver
Shandaar - Dreamweaver Posts: 196 Arc User
edited May 2012 in The Fanatics Forum
Hi hi!

I'm using my forum name here, but some of you may know me under the name ChibiShiva on a couple of fanfiction websites, and DeviantArt.

I don't know how well this'll work for me, but I'm going to attempt at making sigs for others XD. Maybe wallpapers later on, or icons for other forums.

What I'll need:

1. A picture of your character. Or several. Preferably in good lighting. Obviously a must. Also, let me know if you want a custom background, or if you wish to keep the picture's background.

2. Any text you want on the sig. Forum username, character(s) name(s), quote, server, and so on.
- If nothing is specified, I'll default it to forum username only.

3. Some sort of theme: grunge, goth, cute, anime, bloody, shiny, dark... and many, many more.
- If no theme is supplied, I'll go with what I feel from the picture or the character, or my current mood.

Examples:

ShannieSigPhotomanip.jpg

This took about 10 minutes to do.

mydearsig.jpg

I was on this one for about 2 hours. Went through several color schemes and contrast effects.

Shannie.jpg

My current sig XD.

I work with Adobe Photoshop CS5, and a possibility of Cinema 4D for some 3D effects. I don't have any examples with it at the moment, however.

I will ask for YOU to host the signature, either via uploading or your own photo storage. I don't mind putting it online, but I don't want my own PhotoBucket bandwidth to be taken by other people's signatures.

Signatures will be removed from my PB account after 1 week, claimed or not. If you wish for it to be reuploaded, let me know. I'll keep them stored on my hard drive.

Since I also work and act as a proofreader for different fandoms/writers, it may take me some time. I'll be keeping a list of about 5 users, and will let you folks know when I have a free spot ^^.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask away!

Thank you! ^^
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by Shandaar - Dreamweaver on

Comments

• ruritania
    ruritania Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Welcome to fanatics! :)

I love your sigs, they're really well done :D The first one is my favourite, love the colours and the swirls blend it quite naturally imo :)

Can't wait to see more of what you can come up with :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    ↑ Siggy by me :D Request yours @ ↓

Tania's Tavern:
    [pwi-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=1041561]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Thanks! ^^

I'm simply waiting on my first requests now XD. As much as I like my characters, I like diversity and would love other chars to work with XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruritania
    edited May 2011
    I'll request one, why not 8D

Can I have this picture in it instead of my char? Haven't been in game in aaaaaaaages so my client is out of date b:avoid Also, a custom background would be lovely :)

n369ok.png

I have nothing specific for text and style. I'll leave that up to you!

However my request is that the size be a maximum of 460 x 205 pixels :3

Can't wait to see what you can come up with~! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tania's Tavern:
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    ruritania_sig.jpg

And here it is!

I have one with a different font I can upload as well, might a bit easier to read.

Hope you like! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizrau
    lizrau Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hi...I like your work o3o...

1. http://oi56.tinypic.com/34fkuwk.jpg (Only the head and part of neck, mostly a face shot, please.)

2. Name: SaiMeiMei. Sever: Dreamweaver. Quote: "I'm not usually such a pessimist, which is why I'm faking this happiness."

3. I want a Dark, Mysterious, Mystical theme.

4. I want the pixel size to be...What is it, 100 height 500length? IDK whatever it is for the forum signatures, OK? Thank you!!! :D
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Sig credits to Myra :D
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    SaiMeiMei.jpg

Not as complex as the others XD;;. Still, I like the outcome, and I hope you like too!

Got the whole idea just by the pic's lighting ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Hey, it looks great, but I think it's missing something, so since I'm such an Asian addict, could you add this
    Kanji symbol for Fire to the top right corner?

http://tinyurl.com/3lovu2n
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Silvychar - Sanctuary
    Silvychar - Sanctuary Posts: 3,576 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Hey there!
    First of, welcome to the sig maker crew :D

Really like your work (especially the fonts, so shiny *.*)
    Guess I'll request one signature when I thought of something (and after I worked off my own requests, lol)
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    oh, btw silvy i still love the sig you did for me, i'm just trying out other's artistic ablities ;3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    SaiMeiMei2.jpg

Had to rework the composition a bit. Character is at the top right.

And to avoid doubleposting... XD.

Hey there!
    First of, welcome to the sig maker crew :D

Really like your work (especially the fonts, so shiny *.*)
    Guess I'll request one signature when I thought of something (and after I worked off my own requests, lol)

Thanks! ^^

I love shiny fonts! I can spend hours and hours trying to find them... on a single website XD. Something tells me I better not stray off it, else I'm never gonna get away from my PC.

And brushes. Though I need to get new ones.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lizrau
    edited May 2011
    Love it! Thanks :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Lol, welcome! ^^. Glad you like it! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karixah - Raging Tide
    Karixah - Raging Tide Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    In my opinion, one can never have too many signatures to cycle through, so I'd like to request one. =3
    Your artistic eye is way ahead of mine, so if you don't mind I'll give you a link to my character's album on photobucket and give you a theme.
    http://s1106.photobucket.com/albums/h377/AmariaAria/Karixah/
    If you use the orange pearl blossom dress, I'd like the theme to be elegant and clean. If you use one of the purple damsel dress pictures, I'd like the theme to be Gothic and dark. I like to think of Kari having two distinct personalities and each dress represents that.

Edit: The other signature I requested isn't being made, so if you are concerned about that don't worry. =3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Shandaar
  • ruritania
    edited May 2011
    It's awesome thank you!

Though I have a teeny edit request? Could you remove the name? I didn't want any text on it that's why I didn't specify earlier... Maybe I should've specified that as well xD otherwise it's a job well done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tania's Tavern:
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    ruritania wrote: »
    It's awesome thank you!

Though I have a teeny edit request? Could you remove the name? I didn't want any text on it that's why I didn't specify earlier... Maybe I should've specified that as well xD otherwise it's a job well done!

Sweet, glad you like ^^.

I'll remove the text, but that's something that should have been mentionned before, lol. I did say if no text was provided that I'd use this forum username. I know PWI forums only take 500x100 pictures as sigs, but still, if I have nothing specified, that's what I'll use.

ruritania_sig2.jpg

Here's the one without text!

Karixah, I'm working on yours now ^^. Should be done tonight!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ruritania
    edited May 2011
    Perfecto! Tyvm :) and sorry for the fuss u.u
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tania's Tavern:
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    ruritania wrote: »
    Perfecto! Tyvm :) and sorry for the fuss u.u

It's alright ^^. They're just minor modifications... now if people come to me and request something totally different after, it gets annoying XD. But stuff like that, I don't mind ^^.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karixah - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Thank you very much, I'll keep checking back! I'm way more excited than I should be. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Shandaar
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Karixah.jpg

There ya go! ^^

I love the background myself! XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Karixah - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Thank you so much, I love it too! =3
    I hope I figured out how to use it. =P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Siggy by Shandaar
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited May 2011
    Yep, I see it ^^.

Glad you like!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    Narriru - Dreamweaver Posts: 325 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    I love how your siggies are bold and clean, so I'm going to request one for my rotation of sigs, and also assuming you're still making them. b:pleased

I would like to have my veno's name in there: Narriru, and server name if you can find a space for it. Server is Dreamweaver. There's no specific theme I prefer, so go with whatever you're feeling. b:cute

Here are the images:

1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Feel free to mix and match. I know the hair isn't the same in some screenies but I don't really mind if it's not matching. If you would like more screenies of chara in daytime let me know also. Thanks and no rush. b:thanks

---

EDIT: Adding more daytime ones. I love how these ones came out btw, maybe you could try these first for a sig?

Ex. 1
    Ex. 2
    Ex. 3
    Ex. 4
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Hi hi!

Yeah, I'm still making them! Hadn't checked this much in the last few days XD. But yeah, I'll make one for you ^^.

I just have one a friend requested some time back to do before (I just remembered about it, I feel horrible XD). But yours is next!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    Hi hi!

Yeah, I'm still making them! Hadn't checked this much in the last few days XD. But yeah, I'll make one for you ^^.

I just have one a friend requested some time back to do before (I just remembered about it, I feel horrible XD). But yours is next!

Whoot, and thank you. :3
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    So since my friend hasn't decided on new pics, I made yours XD.

Narriru.jpg

Enjoy! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Narriru - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I love the colors in the background! Pretty sig, thaaank you. b:thanks
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited June 2011
    I love the colors in the background! Pretty sig, thaaank you. b:thanks

Thanks ^^! Glad you like!

I've been messing a lot with layer blending options and gradients these days. It's given interesting results XD. Love CS5 *_*.

And fonts. *_*
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    If this is considered as a necro please don't kill me! D: Just tell me and I'll make a new thread.

As my workload is gonna go down soon, I'll have more time to do random stuff... and I'm currently in some artistic block. Maybe it's time I do sigs again. I hadn't stopped or anything, truth be told XD, but I'm looking forward to more stuff ^^. Maybe it'll help with my lack of creativity bout that's been going on for a few... months now DX.

Just remember to include pictures with possible good lighting (taken in daylight if possible!) and if you want something special in your dig (text, theme, colors, and so on).

Thank you! ^^
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Dorset - Heavens Tear
    Dorset - Heavens Tear Posts: 1,690 Arc User
    edited August 2011
    WELCOME BACK! hope it doesnt count as necro if it does i shall complain xd im runing a contest in fanatics go check it out :O

Dors
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] <sig by me

yup guys imma back!

I LOVE making sigs. go to Fanatics section "Dorset's Thread of Interesting Things". u request ill create!
    b:shyI LOVE MY HUBBY my best friend HeartandSoulb:heart
  • Shandaar - Dreamweaver
    edited August 2011
    Thanks! ^^

I'm checking the contest right now XD. I'm mass-downloading fonts and brushes at the coffee shop so I can start *right now* on... stuff... maybe that contest XD.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]