Options
13»

Comments

• krittycat
    krittycat Posts: 4,187 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Figure I should bump this...

Still having issues with Opera Mini...and the only way pages are loading is for me to refresh the page until the ad is out of the banner for the page. The funny thing is, Safari is working on my iPod...weird...

Anyway, would now be a good time for me to bring up the suggestion I made a while back about a mobile version of the forums? It would take care of these issues for those people who travel or use their mobile devices to access the forums...

b:surrender
  • Hakiii - Heavens Tear
    Hakiii - Heavens Tear Posts: 283 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I didn't bother reading after you said you found no script hard to use.. That's youre problem right there that you disabled it. The redirection is not pwis page. It's a hidden virus and or adware that redirects any web page. Enabling no script will stop this from happening. I suggest getting malwarebytes then checking out guides on hijackthis.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    Bellarie - Raging Tide Posts: 603 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I didn't bother reading after you said you found no script hard to use.. That's youre problem right there that you disabled it. The redirection is not pwis page. It's a hidden virus and or adware that redirects any web page. Enabling no script will stop this from happening. I suggest getting malwarebytes then checking out guides on hijackthis.

Assume much?
    No, the redirection is from an ad that loads on PWI's forums, and it seems to be coming from the address googleadservices.com
    If you had continued reading(which you should have before making such an uninformed and assumptive post), you would know that it's not a virus or adware on my personal computer. This issue only happens with the PWI forums, and blocking "googleadservices.com" with adblock fixes the issue. Also, multiple people have this issue with the PWI forums and no other site, so any virus or adware would have to be coming from the ads themselves.

And for the record, I run malwarebytes daily, as well as my window washer and registry cleaner.

I find Kritty's idea to be interesting, by the way
  • Infernia - Harshlands
    Infernia - Harshlands Posts: 662 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    KrittyCat wrote: »
    Figure I should bump this...

Still having issues with Opera Mini...and the only way pages are loading is for me to refresh the page until the ad is out of the banner for the page. The funny thing is, Safari is working on my iPod...weird...

Anyway, would now be a good time for me to bring up the suggestion I made a while back about a mobile version of the forums? It would take care of these issues for those people who travel or use their mobile devices to access the forums...

b:surrender

They broke the Vbulletin software so much we cant preview edited posts and many many other issues. Do you REALLY think they can install the mobile interface and skin chooser?

However, assuming they ever fix them, a mobile interface would be pretty useful.
  • frankieraye
    frankieraye Posts: 250 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Are you guys still experiencing these issues? I know Kritty is, and he's running Opera Mobile, so I'm wondering if folks running standard browsers are still being affected.
  • Woneo - Harshlands
    Woneo - Harshlands Posts: 1,086 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I didn't really read the topic but on my google chrome at home and safari on my iphone, about 75% of the time, the entire page wont load, just the background graphics. sometimes it takes 10 minutes to get on to the main index
  • chaoticshelly
    chaoticshelly Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't experience (or ever have) the issue on my mobile's Opera Mini or on my PC Opera.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I don't experience (or ever have) the issue on my mobile's Opera Mini or on my PC Opera.
    Really, because i'm having the same issue on my Opera Mini ><
  • AlysonRose - Heavens Tear
    AlysonRose - Heavens Tear Posts: 624 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Still happens about 1 in 6 page loads on Safari for me. I usually just stop loading them when text appears now, even when it does try to hijack my browser it doesn't actually do anything but show a blank page.

So from an advertising standpoint it is annoying and totally ineffective as no ads are ever actually seen b:chuckle
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    f:sneakyf:sneakyf:sneaky
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Are you guys still experiencing these issues? I know Kritty is, and he's running Opera Mobile, so I'm wondering if folks running standard browsers are still being affected.

I get it about half of the time in Internet Explorer 9. I just tested Mozilla Firefox 3.6 by turning adblock off, and I get the issue every single time.
  • krisnda
    krisnda Posts: 4,655 Community Moderator
    edited May 2011
    Options
    I get it about half of the time in Internet Explorer 9. I just tested Mozilla Firefox 3.6 by turning adblock off, and I get the issue every single time.
    Idk, I'm using firefox 5.0 w/AdBlock and there are no problems here, I don't even see any ads on here or their homepage.
  • Bellarie - Raging Tide
    edited May 2011
    Options
    Krisnda wrote: »
    Idk, I'm using firefox 5.0 w/AdBlock and there are no problems here, I don't even see any ads on here or their homepage.

I get the issue when I turn adblock off. I also have no issue with adblock on, it works extremely well all over the internet.
  • Flyingkea - Dreamweaver
    Flyingkea - Dreamweaver Posts: 158 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    Options

To some extent, I've since installed adblocker so not having alot of issues, however I'm still sometimes needing to try to open pages 2-3 (or 5 or 7) times in order for them to actually load. I'm now using firefox 4, but was experiencing it with 3.6 as well.