Where can I download the 1.X client so I can manually patch up?

tehspyke678
tehspyke678 Posts: 8 Arc User
edited May 2011 in General Discussion
INB4{Download link on main page}

My downloader is broken, the download link on the main page gives consistent corrupt and broken files. Anyone know where I can download and install the base game so I can patch up? As in... the initial release before any patches, OR any 1.X release, as I think the problem is with the new expansion.

...or the assassin patch. I downloaded that one on a different computer once without any problems.

Comments

• Sarrafeline - Sanctuary
    Sarrafeline - Sanctuary Posts: 4,661 Arc User
    edited May 2011
    INB4{Download link on main page}

My downloader is broken, the download link on the main page gives consistent corrupt and broken files. Anyone know where I can download and install the base game so I can patch up? As in... the initial release before any patches, OR any 1.X release, as I think the problem is with the new expansion.

...or the assassin patch. I downloaded that one on a different computer once without any problems.

Huh. I'm not the only one who kept getting errors on download...

Been trying to redownload and install a new copy, but... No workie. Fails verification every time...

I suspected it was the NIC in my new computer (Realtek GARBAGE), but upon switching to a known good, high quality, expensive Intel card, I'm getting the same random corruption.

The machine hosting the installer may have a corrupt NIC, because the download fails verification, and it's never the same files twice.
    101 Sage Sin*/Archer
    100 Demon BM*/Barb
    96 Demon Cleric/Sage Seeker
    95 Demon Wiz/
    94 Sage Veno
    85 Psy/80 Mystic
    And a handful of other alts, all 79 and under.
    *Pre RB level
  • tehspyke678
    edited May 2011
    Huh. I'm not the only one who kept getting errors on download...

Been trying to redownload and install a new copy, but... No workie. Fails verification every time...

I suspected it was the NIC in my new computer (Realtek GARBAGE), but upon switching to a known good, high quality, expensive Intel card, I'm getting the same random corruption.

The machine hosting the installer may have a corrupt NIC, because the download fails verification, and it's never the same files twice.

It's a VERY common problem. Just google Data1.Pck and look at the first results.

Pretty sure the people who DON'T have the problem are the ones who just patched up with a working client already installed... that's why I just wanna get the meat of the program on my computer first.
  • tehspyke678
    edited May 2011
    Does ANYONE know where I can get a download for ANY previous expansion patch before this Genesis one?